2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
That awkward moment that you think someone trolls because they say something you dont agree with....

Then again, education isn't great in Ohio, so I'm not surprised.

So I can just buy Days Gone new, open it and trade it back in, creating a pre-owned copy (since the store doesn't have any).  Then use that $60 to purchase MK11 and get Days Gone back as part of a b2g1 in the same purchase?  Wtf are they thinking

So I can just buy Days Gone new, open it and trade it back in, creating a pre-owned copy (since the store doesn't have any). Then use that $60 to purchase MK11 and get Days Gone back as part of a b2g1 in the same purchase? Wtf are they thinking
This type of activity is why we can't have nice things! -_-

Go to your profile page, click Edit my Profile, then 'Ignore' Preferences, type in the user name at the bottom, and select Ignore Posts, Signature, and Messages.

Just gonna put this in my sig.

So yeah it’s a generic coupon but do y’all suppose management is gonna give a hard time tomorrow since it’s technically been over 48 hours for people who did “midnight” pickup?

I have a lot of stores near me so I’m not sweating that too much, but.

Anyone seen the gold Kratos figpin in store? It came out at release of the game, I doubt they’re around anymore but figured I’d ask. Searched a few zip codes and came up with nothing, Been trying to track one down

https://m.gamestop.com/product/collectibles/toys/god-of-war-gold-kratos-figpin-only-at-gamestop/157776
Yeah you're definitely out of luck, it's been long gone. I ordered one from their online store almost a year ago and haven't seen it since, online or instore.

I didn't have a chance to trade in my copy of Days Gone today.  Can someone confirm if I still can get back the full value on Sunday 4/28?  

So yeah it’s a generic coupon but do y’all suppose management is gonna give a hard time tomorrow since it’s technically been over 48 hours for people who did “midnight” pickup?

I have a lot of stores near me so I’m not sweating that too much, but.
Should be good until end of day Sunday regardless of pick up time. The coupon says 4/28. But I guess it is GameStop so you might get a manager that wants to do things their way

How hard did the sweaties who picked up Days Gone with the intention of turning right back in try to finish the game in the return window?

I don't see this deal in the ad, but it seems to be active: b2g1 free on DS, 3DS, Wii and Wii U pre-owned games.

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/1122188166574891009?s=19

That awkward moment that you think someone trolls because they say something you dont agree with....

Then again, education isn't great in Ohio, so I'm not surprised.
That awkward moment when you get banned for being a troll.

Buying Days Gone was supposed to get you a B2G1 coupon, right? I picked it up Friday and nothing was on the receipt. I also have nothing in my active offers.

I bought and traded it in on Friday. I was asked why and I honestly said that it was because it wasn’t a $60 game and I would pick it up again when it was $40 or less. He said makes sense. Though I didn’t tell him I never actually played it and just wanted the B2G1

I traded mine in, too. Was asked why I just made something up about how I'm not into survival games but I bought into the hype. Was a cheap way to try out a game and get a 2x b2g1.

Well shame on me but i did it.

Bought Days Gone new, traded it in.  Bought it right back along with two Switch games for b2g1 with MK11.  Sold the switch games on FB Marketplace for $45 each making Days Gone free for me.  Will more than likely return the MK11.

Got one b2g1 in active offers so far.  Only purchased MK11 today though so not sure about it's b2g1.

I'm curious if the b2g1 coupon works on multiple sets or if you can use it more than once because I have some extra credit that I'd like to turn to cash along the way with getting a couple games I want for myself.

I got the b2g1 in my active offers for buying days gone.  I also bought 3 switch games in a b2g1 when I bought the game.  And I also traded it back in today for $59.99. 

I don't see this deal in the ad, but it seems to be active: b2g1 free on DS, 3DS, Wii and Wii U pre-owned games.

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/1122188166574891009?s=19
This deal ended on 4/28 for Gamestop online and started on the 26th. Gamestop's own twitter poster was a day late mentioning this deal.

Don't know about in-store. I was hoping the deal would have lasted the entire rest of the week, instead of just the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back