2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox 360 controllers are currently trading in for $10. Can anyone tell me what the refurb fee on that would be? And also, will they even take them if they don't have the battery compartment/battery holder?
Based on refurb fees I have had recently, probably $3-5. I think I had $4 refurb fee on a Wii remote a couple months back.

Xbox 360 controllers are currently trading in for $10. Can anyone tell me what the refurb fee on that would be? And also, will they even take them if they don't have the battery compartment/battery holder?
I believe the refurb fee was $5 when I traded one in recently. Didn't matter though as I paid $.50 for the controller and got $12 in credit.

I have a b2g1 coupon that I am not going to use.   It expires may 3 if anyone wants to trade or offer any $ just shoot me a pm.  

Two of my local stores are really annoying me.. both have amiibos that I am trying to buy, but they are pre-orders. I tried at one two weeks ago and they wouldn't sell them, said they are paid off and will give the guy a month to pick them up. Went to try to get Ken at another store yesterday and said its on pre-order and wouldn't say when they could sell it. These were released 4/12... I thought it was usually 2 days for a pre-order then they could sell it. I am tempted to put a online pickup order in for one and see what they say. I would just buy them online but shipping is ridiculous.

The 50% extra stores are great though, so many old accessories with great values with the bonus. Got around $200 cash for some retro consoles too at my main store.
Are you near a military base? There’s a GS 30 minutes away from me across the river in IL that is the closest to a base & will hold stuff for awhile because the customer is deployed.

Outside of something like that, that’s an issue you need to use the tellgamestop form & have a district manager kick them in the behind for you & sell it, or get one from somewhere else to sell.

Is $200 a good price for a good condition Nintendo Switch? I want to take advantage of this Cash Same as Credit deal and I don't play my Switch much anymore

In STL, regardless of quality/cover, preowned copies don’t start showing up here until All Star Break at the earliest.
After checking twice a day all week I finally found a copy at a store not too far from where I live. The manager of the store said that was traded in less than an hour before I put my hold request in LOL

I have been hit by the Google Play bandit.

Whats the best way to get my points back?  Just email customer service?

I just checked and the codes havent been used yet.

So I got a 20% off birthday coupon in my offers and it says 20% off preowned software so would it work on more then 1 title because I recall previous coupons from the past few years only worked on 1?

Whats the best way to get my points back? Just email customer service?

Definitely call the customer service line. It may take awhile, but it is worth it. They only refunded me the points back for the cards that weren't used, unfortunately. I lost quite a lot of points

Called - was pretty quick actually - they said 1-3 days based on the number of points.

All 4 codes are currently not redeemed - and I went ahead and changed my password.

So I got a 20% off birthday coupon in my offers and it says 20% off preowned software so would it work on more then 1 title because I recall previous coupons from the past few years only worked on 1?
What in that language would suggest anything has changed?

Hey so is there anyway to use cag16 and 25$ off pre-owned  games reward to order a game for store pick up through the app? Im trying to get mlb 19 as cheap as possible.  

So now I’m being hit with the no points on trades bug. I just have to call customer service to get them put on my account?
I had the same issue as well. Called earlier today, got helped right away, and points added to my account as soon as I was done with the call.

What's the current refurb / scratched disc fee?

I have a bunch of disc only GameCube games that have seen better days. Still, a few are worth more so after any fees it may be decent.

I have a bunch of disc only GameCube games that have seen better days. Still, a few are worth more so after any fees it may be decent.
It’s a sliding scale based on trade-in value. I think it’s around $5 for something in the $10-$20 range, and no charge under a certain trade-in value.

Is there a link between the Google play bandit and missing PUR points?
Not likely unless you see a Google Play card in your redemption history for points.

Missing PUR points for purchases and trades is probably some issue with GameStop's POS or information for your PUR account not tying transactions to your account for some reason. I personally have not had this issue either when I was Elite or now with Pro.

Google Play bandit is likely due to people reusing passwords from other sites that were compromised on their GameStop account. Unless GameStop's servers have been breached or their is an exploit out there. Mostly likely the former.

Retro games have a $0.00 refurb fee. The only problem would be if the employee didn’t take them; but, in my experience, the games would have to be in REALLY bad condition for them to refuse them.

Retro games have a $0.00 refurb fee. The only problem would be if the employee didn’t take them; but, in my experience, the games would have to be in REALLY bad condition for them to refuse them.
I didn't realize retro games didn't have refurb fees either. I thought that was only for the consoles. I'll have to remember that as I'm clearing stuff out.

I don't know why I keep buying retro stuff off their website. Ordered Melee with pur points and the disc looks awful, big surprise it doesn't work. Now I have to go through the headache of getting points back.

I bought a zip lock bag of 3" discs for $0.99 at Goodwill. The first two discs were lego bionicle pc discs. The rest were GameCube. Super Smash Bros, Kirby, Mario Golf, Wario world, Prime 2 Echos, Animal Crossing, bunch of other minor titles. I buffed out some of the scratches. No GameCube to test.

I figure I'm at $3 a disc to resurface (less in a bulk deal) plus locating boxes and manuals. Or I take to Gamestop and potentially net 60ish. I wouldn't normally take anything decent to Gamestop.

I bought a zip lock bag of 3" discs for $0.99 at Goodwill. The first two discs were lego bionicle pc discs. The rest were GameCube. Super Smash Bros, Kirby, Mario Golf, Wario world, Prime 2 Echos, Animal Crossing, bunch of other minor titles. I buffed out some of the scratches. No GameCube to test.

I figure I'm at $3 a disc to resurface (less in a bulk deal) plus locating boxes and manuals. Or I take to Gamestop and potentially net 60ish. I wouldn't normally take anything decent to Gamestop.
Anytime I get a lot of games for cheap like that I usually just take them to Gamestop due to the hassle of getting the discs resurfaced and tracking down cases/manuals. The Nintendo stuff typically nets decent trade credit and I am alright as long as I am at the very least doubling my investment.

Whats the best way to get my points back? Just email customer service?

Out of curiosity when you go to gamestop in store do you use your phone number to link to your account or do you use your card?

With just the phone number I know you can get access to the discount, and I've had employees say they could redeem things for me in the past in the transaction.

There's other options that are likely as well, such as people re-using passwords, or gamestops back end just being crap. I just wanted to throw this out there.

Am I reading this right? New opened accessories can be returned or exchange within 30 days from gamestop? So I can open and play my new xbox elite controller for 29 days and return it for a full refund?

I called a few days ago with 5 receipts and just now with another 4. No guarantees, but in my experience CS just wants to get you your points and get you off the phone happy. In my case they've never gone hunting for the wrong kind of activity.
Thanks. Going to call tomorrow

Still no Days Gone pre-owned near me. Doesn't seem like many people (at least in my area) took advantage of the "Guaranteed to Love It" Promo.

MK11 B2G1 Free coupon expire today, make sure you don't forget to use it!

I was hoping for a bump this weekend :/. Might was well take this 42.50 per switch title and sekiro. 

The option to use 15,000 PUR points to buy a PUR Pro membership was removed from GS's desktop website. It's still available on the app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back