2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for asking but I went back a few pages and couldn't find specifics: is the 70% bonus everyone's talking about just in California as a balance to the cash same as credit promo? I could really use $42.50 for MK11 right about now....

Can anyone order from Gamestop's site? I tried all the usual tricks...private browser, different email address...
I had trouble again today, with it telling my shipping address didn't match the payment method (I was using my PUR card trade credit, and everything matches). Finally gave up, tried a credit card, and it worked. This was after playing around with my shopping cart for free elite shipping to kick in (was ordering well over the minimum but it was not kicking in until I added additional items and then remover them).

Might be a stupid question but can I use my buy2g1 preowned code from my pro acc to my elite pro acc?
Yes it will work in the system unless you get one of those rare employees who will only scan from your account using their tablet. Some people will speculate that it could get your account in trouble, but I've never had problems using offers from old accounts with my info on them.

Yes it will work in the system unless you get one of those rare employees who will only scan from your account using their tablet. Some people will speculate that it could get your account in trouble, but I've never had problems using offers from old accounts with my info on them.
I was going to use it online

You could always buy the 3 games online for full price and do a return/rebuy in store. Of course this depends on whether or not your local GameStop sucks.

It looks like a lot of retro systems and accessories took a nosedive. I had a box with a couple Genesis systems that I was going to trade in this weekend and they dropped from $22 to $10.

Haven’t TIV for all retro stuff been weak historically compared to eBay values? Anytime I looked up anything older than Wii or DS it was never worth it to trade to GS.
Not exactly. GameStop had some decent values for Retro. Maybe not on the high end scale of ebay, but good enough to feel like you aren’t getting ripped

Has anyone spotted ANYTHING that went up in TIV today? Everything looks down that I've searched.
Why would anything have gone up? We are probably one week away from a SB and there will most likely be a big promo changeover on Monday/Sunday when CSAC ends.

Why would anything have gone up?
I don't assume that everything should go up or down. Usually it's a mix of both right? Previous reply to yours found some PS move controllers had gone up and I'm sure there's more, I just had a hard time finding anything.

I just traded in 3 move controllers lol. $22 a pop. Side note, has anyone ever received a cib Ps1 game from their online order? Mine always come loose disc... even when I manage to snag a heavy hitter item.

I just traded in 3 move controllers lol. $22 a pop. Side note, has anyone ever received a cib Ps1 game from their online order? Mine always come loose disc... even when I manage to snag a heavy hitter item.
I've had 2 out 30 ps1 orders come with a case and only one had a manual.

I have never received a manual for ps1 or ps2 games, but I did receive several original cases/artwork, but not many.

I did just get FE: Path of Radiance with cover art, but no manual. Easily worth $30-40 more than what I paid for it after discounts.

Rival Schools is the only one I've gotten complete. Everything else has been disc(s) only.

When GameStop first introduced the retro program, almost all disc based games I ordered online came with case / manual (ca 2015), even the expensive ones like tales of destiny etc. nowadays everything disc based comes disc only from my experience, but I have still gotten a couple of complete games here and there.

When GameStop first introduced the retro program, almost all disc based games I ordered online came with case / manual (ca 2015), even the expensive ones like tales of destiny etc. nowadays everything disc based comes disc only from my experience, but I have still gotten a couple of complete games here and there.
This. I have come to the belief that games with broken cases like psx or dreamcast they just throw the thing away instead of tediously try to transfer it into a case that can hold the game...because why waste time? I got mvc2 for dreamcast with just the instructions towards the beginning of the program and this is when that belief started.

Anyone know what to do when you don't get the pre-order bonuses? Never got the extras for Saints Row the Third for Switch. The store said they never got delivered...

Anyone know what to do when you don't get the pre-order bonuses? Never got the extras for Saints Row the Third for Switch. The store said they never got delivered...
Sadly there's not much you can do. I've only had one employee ( a store manager) ever take the time to get the bonus item in (took a week). Usually you'll get a lazy line of "sorry we don't have any more / didn't get enough." In that case I cancel my preorder on them on the spot.

Thanks, I will take the game back then or go in to talk to the manager.

They are still selling it with bonuses online, so I might try from the site instead.

Hoping for a PS4 pro sale to unload some of this old GameStop credit maybe even a Xbox one x for the right price. But that’s asking a lot from GameStop

This. I have come to the belief that games with broken cases like psx or dreamcast they just throw the thing away instead of tediously try to transfer it into a case that can hold the game...because why waste time? I got mvc2 for dreamcast with just the instructions towards the beginning of the program and this is when that belief started.
I've read before that people who work at gamestop are mostly instructed to toss any cases even for stuff like ds games. I've read stories of people going dumpster diving and finding like 20 gamecube cases just empty with manuals and inserts in them still so I kinda believe it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back