2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does trading in Move controllers work? Have 4 to trade in but don't want to get blocked.
The limit is 4 items of a SKU per 30 rolling day window. So you should be fine. With accessories, you can trade all 4 at the same time/store.

I ordered 21 pairs of socks for ~$30 thanks to their email about clearance. Since my wife wears mine a lot too this will go far.

Fingers crossed we see some sort of "Extra trade-in credit towards an Oculus Quest" promotion. I was hoping they'd do one when it was announced since GameStop has not previously sold any Oculus devices before, but it never happened.

Fingers crossed we see some sort of "Extra trade-in credit towards an Oculus Quest" promotion. I was hoping they'd do one when it was announced since GameStop has not previously sold any Oculus devices before, but it never happened.
Doubtful. They won't get any more money out of customers with this device given there aren't really games or accessories attached to the system, and they won't sell them pre-owned. They definitely won't if this is an online only item.

seems like they stop the points for trade ins, it only show in the ads for purchases. it. it doesnt even show in the pur.com anymore.

seems like they stop the points for trade ins, it only show in the ads for purchases. it. it doesnt even show in the pur.com anymore.
Pro Members
∙ 20 points per dollar spent on all new games, accessories, consoles, collectibles, and tech.
∙ 20 points per dollar spent on pre-owned games, accessories, consoles, and tech.
∙ 20 points per dollar traded.

Still referenced on: https://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/poweruphelp.aspx

Call in and get your points.

I've read before that people who work at gamestop are mostly instructed to toss any cases even for stuff like ds games. I've read stories of people going dumpster diving and finding like 20 gamecube cases just empty with manuals and inserts in them still so I kinda believe it
Can confirm, used to fund my club nintendo and squeenix rewards habit via this.

...And, years later, I have loooots of regret about not actually keeping the empty cases. All those GBAslotted DS boxes...

Pro Members
∙ 20 points per dollar spent on all new games, accessories, consoles, collectibles, and tech.
∙ 20 points per dollar spent on pre-owned games, accessories, consoles, and tech.
∙ 20 points per dollar traded.

Still referenced on: https://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/poweruphelp.aspx

Call in and get your points.
thanks,
do i need my receipt to ask for my points, or they can see all my transactions on their end?
if u check on this page, they removed the points for trade.
https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRewards/Home/Benefits

Got myself soem cheap backpack today.  Got 1 x Attack on titan, 1 x overwatch, 1 x punisher messagher bag and 1 x thinkgeek convetion survival bag , all for $20 total

Put in a pickup request for a Sora Backpack at a store after closing hours, they processed it 20 minutes later. Pickup email then said to only hold until closing, can I still pick it up tomorrow?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Put in a pickup request for a Sora Backpack at a store after closing hours, they processed it 20 minutes later. Pickup email then said to only hold until closing, can I still pick it up tomorrow?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
They should “hold” it for 24 hours at least that seems to be the protocol at my local stores.

The only thing that I find beneficial on Pro Day is the random "new" $9.99 switch game that is on sale. I'm not interested in trinkets, the trade in deals don't stack like prestige day, the pre-owned games get marked up before being put "on sale", and the "new" games are either gutted, out of stock, or worse deals than other stores.

The cake is a lie...

I think pro day discount also counts as a promotion, so stacking a PUR cert takes it off the original price, not the pro day sale price. This was the case on one pro day last year, but not sure if it is anymore.

I sold all of my cases to some reseller for $200.. Good times. I’d hate to have to resell 100+ loose ds cases online.

Can confirm, used to fund my club nintendo and squeenix rewards habit via this.
...And, years later, I have loooots of regret about not actually keeping the empty cases. All those GBAslotted DS boxes...

Looking for a 2nd game to get with Borderlands THC to get the 2 for $20 deal. Anyone have any suggestions on good $14.99 and under games for Xbox One or Switch?

God I hate this company. I'm trying to use a $25 off online coupon from a canceled order...I'm elite pro and I'm still getting charged $10 shipping for a $35 game. 1/3 the price of the game? Really? Tried adding to the order, no dice. Tried doing pick up at store but the website says it's mandatory to add a GPG to the game if store pickup is chosen...and coupons seems to be disabled for that option. How in the hell are they still in business. /rant

Looking for a 2nd game to get with Borderlands THC to get the 2 for $20 deal. Anyone have any suggestions on good $14.99 and under games for Xbox One or Switch?
XB1 Banner Saga Trilogy has lots of content and strategizing value.

Switch Sine Mora EX is a very excellent side-scrolling shooter w/ 2 players support.

God I hate this company. I'm trying to use a $25 off online coupon from a canceled order...I'm elite pro and I'm still getting charged $10 shipping for a $35 game. 1/3 the price of the game? Really? Tried adding to the order, no dice. Tried doing pick up at store but the website says it's mandatory to add a GPG to the game if store pickup is chosen...and coupons seems to be disabled for that option. How in the hell are they still in business. /rant
If you are using a coupon code it is only seen as a $10 game. You probably need to have a $60 cart total to get the free shipping.

Use pick up in store

Return game + GPG = Rebuy and use coupon (next time)

Since it seems you already redeemed the coupon

If you are using a coupon code it is only seen as a $10 game. You probably need to have a $60 cart total to get the free shipping.
This was before I even used it. Had over $50 in the cart to see what would happen and it stayed the same.

Use pick up in store

Return game + GPG = Rebuy and use coupon (next time)

Since it seems you already redeemed the coupon
Nah I haven't used it yet. No way I'm using it on something that basically negates half the savings. I might be able to return the gpg but don't want to waste the coupon since I can only use it online.

It's been reported in the past but $25 online cert coupons don't work on anything (never worked/error). GS never fixed the problem so you will have to call CS and get your points back.

I just redeemed for an online $25 coupon and the code was not valid. I had to call the 800 number, 30 minutes later had my points back. The rep told me that it is a common problem and even recommended I didn't redeem for another because if it didn't work to get my points back would be even more of a hassle for me to get back... He also said there is obviously some kind of recurring issue with these online only coupons. But yes, the 800 number will help you out.

Here is someone else's experience.

Here is someone else's experience.
Mine was a CS issued coupon for a canceled WIS order, as opposed to a points purchased one. I don't remember anyone having issues with those but who knows. My issue is the massive shipping cost when it's supposed to be free, but I know how broken the website and app are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back