2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does GameStop ever put pre-owned controllers on sale? I recently picked up an Xbox X and was thinking the b2g1 coupon I got for renewing Pro would be perfect to put together some extra controllers for it.

Does GameStop ever put pre-owned controllers on sale? I recently picked up an Xbox X and was thinking the b2g1 coupon I got for renewing Pro would be perfect to put together some extra controllers for it.
I believe GS runs B2G1 Free on all pre-owned products (including used controllers) on several occasions such as Prestige Day sale at qualifying stores.

I already have a b2g1 coupon I plan on using, I more meant do they ever do temporary sales in terms of prices of used controllers or is the current 45 each the best I'm likely to see.

Interesting that so many more people are being told that they don't give points for trade ins now. Makes me think I was right in my earlier speculation that this was planned but they threw the switch maybe too early. Still a low thing to do without an announcement. Don't they legally have to announce if they change the conditions of these things?

Aside from that, honestly the points were pretty generous from the trading something in and then getting points again on the purchase w trade credit is like double dipping. Eventually they had to kill it at some end.
On 5/12 i got points for tradein and then using the credit towards an existing preorder. So it still seems to work with that kind of transaction.

Tradein was for $2, i received 40 points for trade and 20 for purchase towards the existing preorder.

I already have a b2g1 coupon I plan on using, I more meant do they ever do temporary sales in terms of prices of used controllers or is the current 45 each the best I'm likely to see.
Isn't the b2g1 for renewing games only? Maybe they changed it, have been elite since they started it haven't renewed in some time

Does anyone know how accurate GameStop online is in terms of store inventory on specific controller colors for pre-owned stuff? I can't seem to find any used colors nearby online but was wondering if maybe stores just don't keep track of that when taking in trades.

Does anyone know how accurate GameStop online is in terms of store inventory on specific controller colors for pre-owned stuff? I can't seem to find any used colors nearby online but was wondering if maybe stores just don't keep track of that when taking in trades.
Your best bet is to call your stores.

Ugh driving 50 minutes away for NSMBU Deluxe and Rage 2 for $75. Idk.
2 hours worth of gas money and your time will defeat the purpose of any savings you would have. And definitely not worth it for an old Wii U port and an average at best game that will be $15-20 by black friday.

But its your call.

Does anyone know when the 2 for $20 ends? I'd call a store, but they have no idea what they're talking about.
Stopped in and asked the manager about the 2 for $20, at first she thought it was part of Pro Day, then admitted she had no idea when it was over.

So there b3g1 on retro + free shipping + $25 when you spend $100 or $10 when you spend $50 on used.

I think I'm going to buy 8 Dreamcast and N64 games today.

Contemplating buying Kingdom Hearts 3 New at $29.99 or waiting to see if it will go around that price pre-owned anytime soon so I can add CAG16...

Thoughts?

As mentioned in previous posts.

960x300_Memorial_Rewards_Cash.jpg

Contemplating buying Kingdom Hearts 3 New at $29.99 or waiting to see if it will go around that price pre-owned anytime soon so I can add CAG16...

Thoughts?
Unless you want to play it right away, I'd wait. It'll definitely drop to that price range for preowned within a few months.

Frig. Wasn't able to make it to GS yesterday to trade in my X1S.

I highly doubt Microsoft will drop the price, as the X1S All-Digital Edition is $249, which effectively puts a lower limit on how much they could hypothetically drop the price of the regular X1S (I mean who's going to buy the All-Digital version if the regular version is the same price or cheaper). That is of course unless they drop the price of both by $50 :shock: If they drop the price, future TIV's are going to be garbage, which is why I bring up X1S pricing.

Traded in 2 Xbox One S systems and some games yesterday and got points today. Also bought some stuff in the same transaction so that may matter.

Traded in 2 Xbox One S systems and some games yesterday and got points today. Also bought some stuff in the same transaction so that may matter.
Not surprising some are getting points and others aren't. GameStop can't do anything right. Traded in 2 controllers yesterday, didn't get points. Bought some stuff separately, got points. Traded some stuff in last weekend and bought something in the same transaction, didn't get points for either trade in or purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back