2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
In recent memory, there was a Friday that had no changes at all and then the SB hit on Saturday or Sunday. So who knows. The $5 extra trade-in is already pretty great, but I wouldn't expect them to be dumb enough to bump switch games to $35 on top of that.

What the hell is going on with the vintage game prices? Even filtering out all the fake shit on ebay, you can get legit versions of n64 games for half of what GS is charging. 

What the hell is going on with the vintage game prices? Even filtering out all the fake shit on ebay, you can get legit versions of n64 games for half of what GS is charging.
Hmmmm... I wonder if it could have something to do with Pro Members getting 10% or 20% off, regularly occuring B2G1 or B1G150% on retro games, CAG16's 16% off on top of PUR discounts, the ability to return games to stores, or the constant retro flash sales they have?

Looks like a couple of my games got the SB so add that to the $5 per game and I’m satisfied. Although I want to trade in Paranormal Activity VR but it’s on mobile but not their site would they still take it in?

Idk if I should wait until tomorrow, only had one game on the SB list, Binding of Isaac. It was $18 last weekend and is $16 now. $21 with bonus isn’t bad

Looks like a couple of my games got the SB so add that to the $5 per game and I’m satisfied. Although I want to trade in Paranormal Activity VR but it’s on mobile but not their site would they still take it in?
There is a lot of stuff only on the mobile app, such as most retro consoles. If it is on the app it is in their POS system, too.

Am I the only one going to town on the 25% off 2+ games with system purchase?  It's like 40% off sticker if you have elite pro. ANY system will work, I bought one of those clearance retro handheld football games for $6.97 and it qualified as a system.

Am I the only one going to town on the 25% off 2+ games with system purchase? It's like 40% off sticker if you have elite pro. ANY system will work, I bought one of those clearance retro handheld football games for $6.97 and it qualified as a system.
Interesting... didn’t know that those counted as systems. It looks like my area is all out of the sub-$20 ones unfortunately.

Go to a local store and then they will contact the store that has the item.

Unfortunately it is up to that store if they decide to send it or not, so ymmv.
It work, will be send over to my home store. I decide might as well get it since i got some kind of dangerous high amount of credit and point. There is just a lingering fear that gamestop near future. With no buyer in the beginning of the year and the COO leaving the company. Don;t get me wrong I love gamestop but I fear for its future.

Am I the only one going to town on the 25% off 2+ games with system purchase? It's like 40% off sticker if you have elite pro. ANY system will work, I bought one of those clearance retro handheld football games for $6.97 and it qualified as a system.
Could you post a link so I can see what you're referring to?

Edit: nevermind... Found it

Not sure if this works, but if I use the app and go to shop, then choose consoles, then sort by price to get the cheapest first I can see stuff like Frogger for 6.97 and other handhelds. It may be that any of these work since they are all listed under console on the app.
These were the most abundant cheap consoles at the 3 stores i frequent. All of them had at least one of the wrestling one and two had multiples of the electronic football.

https://www.gamestop.com/elect/consoles/wrestlemania-retro-plug-play-tv-arcade-with-joystick-controller/167464

https://www.gamestop.com/elect/electronics/electronic-football/152163

Wow that's awesome. Wish I would have known about this sooner!

So 2+ games means I have no limit to get the 25% plus 10% as long as I get a system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice catch! I'm assuming it's 25% off first, then the Elite Pro off the remaining price as always?

I prefer the term "stealth dump"
I look forward to using this every month

Anybody know if you can use PUR certs on Barnes & Noble or HBO Now cards? Or iTunes, now that I think about it (though I'm pretty sure that's been covered in one of the many GameStop threads.).

Few weeks ago i went in with a $5 off any item cert. Was buying a new game and a shell gas card. Also had a trade in. Told the guy to do separate transactions since i was getting a gas card and trade credit was involved. He said they work on gas cards. I said I'm 99% sure they dont. He rang up the gas card first and tried my cert and it actually worked. So B&N and hbo probably work.

is the discount 25% off of all the games? and could this be combined with a buy 2 get 1 coupon (ie: buy the handheld thing, buy 3 pre-owned games, 1 free, and 25% off of both of the other 2 plus the pro discount)? or is that too much stacking and not possible?

I still don't have my $10 reward certificate. I'm calling CS.

EDIT: They gave me 10,000 points.  :D/

Anybody know if you can use PUR certs on Barnes & Noble or HBO Now cards? Or iTunes, now that I think about it (though I'm pretty sure that's been covered in one of the many GameStop threads.).
Trade Credit can be used on Barnes & Noble for sure, I did that last week. I'm not sure if what works for trade credit would also apply to PUR certs.

Thanks again for the heads up on this :) I ended up getting one of those $11 AR / VR space kits and then 4-5 games. Made out really well I think!

With the way Telltale games work, it looks like some physical versions will shoot up in value and others will become drink coasters.
I hate to consistently ask stupid questions in this thread, but I'm assuming the complete editions will go up and the season pass discs will be worthless? With talk of their games being delisted and unable to be downloaded even if they're in your library (I don't really believe the last part) I'm guessing the pass discs will be useless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back