2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likely trade in has been heroes and homefront the revolution.

$2 each + $5 bonus. $14 total.
Also trading in my DS4,as L1 is broken.

Does gamestop accept broken controllers? I heard they have a fee. Will pick up a new DS4 when they're $40 next week.
ca law, has to have a barcode/serial number on any controller to trade.

Likely trade in has been heroes and homefront the revolution.

$2 each + $5 bonus. $14 total.
Also trading in my DS4,as L1 is broken.

Does gamestop accept broken controllers? I heard they have a fee. Will pick up a new DS4 when they're $40 next week.
My store hooks up the controllers and has a testing screen to check all the buttons and sticks. If something doesn't work properly they will deduct a refurb fee from the regular trade value.

has anyone tried to combine the extra $5 on your next trade coupon on top of the current $5 per game trade? Going later and just wondering if they will stack

My store hooks up the controllers and has a testing screen to check all the buttons and sticks. If something doesn't work properly they will deduct a refurb fee from the regular trade value.
That's what stores are supposed to do when they get traded in. The system is supposed to check for non-working buttons and to see if the analog sticks have drifting issues.

has anyone tried to combine the extra $5 on your next trade coupon on top of the current $5 per game trade? Going later and just wondering if they will stack
If the extra 20% towards certain games won't work with the extra $5, that probably wont' work either. The only thing right now that seems to stack with it is the PUR Pro/Elite boost.

That's what stores are supposed to do when they get traded in. The system is supposed to check for non-working buttons and to see if the analog sticks have drifting issues.

If the extra 20% towards certain games won't work with the extra $5, that probably wont' work either. The only thing right now that seems to stack with it is the PUR Pro/Elite boost.
thanks. I'm taking it with me and giving it a shot. Also gonna stop by my local Five Below to see if they have anything that would boost extra credit. I checked prices earlier and Need for Speed and UFC still makes credit. I can redeem points to get those and take to my other store with the games I already have. I also have the elite membership for a couple more years so I'll update later with what I ended up getting.

I'm sure this has been asked before but can't recall the answer.  PUR certificates can be used to buy things like Xbox or PSN cards, correct?

I'm sure this has been asked before but can't recall the answer. PUR certificates can be used to buy things like Xbox or PSN cards, correct?
Correct. This has been changed somewhat recently. I and several other cags have recently used them on digital currency in-store.

Then DS4 i'm trading in has bad L1 sensor. I opened it up, cleaned and still nothing.

I get some input when pushing on the membrane at a certain angle, with button on I get no input.

It's an old model,so would be good getting a newer model.

Damn kingdom heart limited edition is 39.99. tempted to trade in ym disc only copy for 18 and rebuy it for the steelbook.
I traded mine in but without rebuying. My gamestop had like 8 copies of the deluxe. If it's anything like Ni no Kuni 2, it'll be $20-30 if you can hold off for another month or two

Does Gamestop ever run promos on their used iPads? Sitting on a decent chunk of credit and could use a new tablet for sketching on the couch since I sold my old Cintiq Companion.

Does Gamestop ever run promos on their used iPads? Sitting on a decent chunk of credit and could use a new tablet for sketching on the couch since I sold my old Cintiq Companion.
Yeah last August I got my 32GB used iPad 2018 model for $170. It was like 30-40% off in a limited sale. 128GB were like $20-$30 more I think. Killer deal.

thanks. I'm taking it with me and giving it a shot. Also gonna stop by my local Five Below to see if they have anything that would boost extra credit. I checked prices earlier and Need for Speed and UFC still makes credit. I can redeem points to get those and take to my other store with the games I already have. I also have the elite membership for a couple more years so I'll update later with what I ended up getting.
I went to Five Below and picked up Beast Quest. Went to my other store and used reward points to get UFC 3 and Need for Speed. Took a few games from home with me and got right at $100 store credit. Love these types of promos

edit: forgot to say that the extra $5 trade coupon I had did not stack. They could have been using the same one for this current promo

How did you get an "extra $5 trade coupon"?
I can't remember where I found it but its been floating around online for a while. I know I've used it over a year each time I trade something in, apart from today. I think the current promo being additional $5 makes it ineligible for use. It always adds $5 extra to whatever you got the most for. Remember using it one time when I traded in some games during a wild promo but can't remember which game it was. Anyways the coupon boosted that game to about $49 trade credit lol

I can't remember where I found it but its been floating around online for a while. I know I've used it over a year each time I trade something in, apart from today. I think the current promo being additional $5 makes it ineligible for use. It always adds $5 extra to whatever you got the most for. Remember using it one time when I traded in some games during a wild promo but can't remember which game it was. Anyways the coupon boosted that game to about $49 trade credit lol
I thought that $5 coupon was dead years ago. I didn't know that it was still active. A manager didn't let me use it two years ago because I just gave him the code and not the actual coupon. Others on here said that it was not active anymore.

I thought that $5 coupon was dead years ago. I didn't know that it was still active. A manager didn't let me use it two years ago because I just gave him the code and not the actual coupon. Others on here said that it was not active anymore.
maybe it depends on who the person is working that day idk. It could be dead. I don't trade in but about once every 3 months when I have stuff built up to combine with a promo but when I do it has always worked but not today. I'll try again once this promo is over to confirm if it is truly dead now.

maybe it depends on who the person is working that day idk. It could be dead. I don't trade in but about once every 3 months when I have stuff built up to combine with a promo but when I do it has always worked but not today. I'll try again once this promo is over to confirm if it is truly dead now.
Is it this one?

hciEcT0.png

So traded in my DS4 and 2 games.

$2 each for 2 games, plus $10 bonus. $14.

DS4 was $11 after refurb fee.

Will go back for a DS4 once they're $40 later this week.

Also can't get 4 for $10 working online, is it only instore?

not even any games worth buying for yourself from the 4 for $10 section...
lol I've been known to scoop some before just to have extra games to trade when they would give extra credit for trading in a specific amount. I currently have my birthday coupon to use as well so I may pick up a preowned copy of Yoshi's Crafted World.

Also want to scoop Team Sonic Racing once a preowned version hits my store. Anyone that has played it, how is it?

lol I've been known to scoop some before just to have extra games to trade when they would give extra credit for trading in a specific amount. I currently have my birthday coupon to use as well so I may pick up a preowned copy of Yoshi's Crafted World.

Also want to scoop Team Sonic Racing once a preowned version hits my store. Anyone that has played it, how is it?
never thought about just getting a game just for an extra game to trade in for trade credit...now i might have to go into the store to see what games they have

Not possible I’ve tried this coupon before and it didn’t work

Waaaay before this promo. The only logical way people are getting this is if they reactivated the code

Because when I tried over a year ago, it legit came up as invalid

I’m sitting on a stack of those coupons

Not possible I’ve tried this coupon before and it didn’t work

Waaaay before this promo. The only logical way people are getting this is if they reactivated the code

Because when I tried over a year ago, it legit came up as invalid

I’m sitting on a stack of those coupons
Either the person has no idea what they're talking about, or they go to a magical GameStop where the employees are dumb enough to override the price.

On Sonic Team Racing, I dont like that it's team based (in the name obviously). The strategy is giving your teammates boosts to make sure your team wins. Its also just Sonic universe characters, rather than the entire Sega universe like the previous game. I like Sonic Racing Transformed better.

I'm Elite Pro and my points from yesterday's trade posted (my first trade in a few weeks). For those of you not earning points on trades, are you Elite Pro?

How does the $5 extra for PS4 games combine (if at all) with the 20% boost for trading toward Mario Maker? I'm looking to trade the Borderlands Handsome Collection ($4 base) since it's coming to PS+ today.

I'm Elite Pro and my points from yesterday's trade posted (my first trade in a few weeks). For those of you not earning points on trades, are you Elite Pro?
I guess it all depends on which state you live in. In Texas I still get points for trade ins. Omni99 is in CA and does not get points.

I guess it all depends on which state you live in. In Texas I still get points for trade ins. Omni99 is in CA and does not get points.
I didn't get my points in CA either for my last 3 trades that I did here in a span of about 4 months however I did a trade in in Arizona on Saturday while visiting my inlaws and I got the points for it on Sunday. On a side note trading in there was awesome, no ID or fingerprint required. The process was nothing like here in CA.

I didn't get my points in CA either for my last 3 trades that I did here in a span of about 4 months however I did a trade in in Arizona on Saturday while visiting my inlaws and I got the points for it on Sunday. On a side note trading in there was awesome, no ID or fingerprint required. The process was nothing like here in CA.
Didn’t know they fingerprinted in CA. That’s pretty crazy. I’m in NYC and all they ever ask for is your ID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t know they fingerprinted in CA. That’s pretty crazy. I’m in NYC and all they ever ask for is your ID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't know they didn't fingerprint elsewhere. Both Best Buy and GS have fingerprint scanners in Northern California (or at least BB did the last time I traded in there).

No PUR for trades either for me for the last several months. I've had to call every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back