2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI: they dropped the base of Horizon and TLOU to $3. Its still showing up in the app as a base of $5, so you'll have to ask for the manual bump. Get them traded before they change the app base to match the amount in-store. Just a heads up.
Do you know if the Horizon base game has dropped under $2?

FYI: they dropped the base of Horizon and TLOU to $3. Its still showing up in the app as a base of $5, so you'll have to ask for the manual bump. Get them traded before they change the app base to match the amount in-store. Just a heads up.
Are you saying HZD is $3 in store? Website still says $5. Guess I better save them just in case.

I’d the Horizon Zero Dawn DLC on the disc?
Yes, it's on the disc. I made sure to ask the employee when I bought mine this morning. They pointed out on the back of the case mentions that the DLC code included in the case is for a theme and digital artbook, everything else is on the disc.

That sucks. I know they deny saved trade in values but if I'm in the store and the site and app both show 5 at that time then I'm getting 5. They can adjust it.
Do they compensate for Pro/Elite (10%/20%) or do they just flat out just match the $5?

Anyone know if GS will have discounted ps+ and Xbox gold 12mo cards this next week? 😁

Edit.. nevermind just saw the price drop on PS+ on their site.

1. No, today is Day 7, so you're still in the return period.

2. A really cool store manager or employee might allow an equal exchange, but most likely you would have to forfeit that value and your refund would be the amount you paid after applying the coupon.
1. It depends on how much your GameStop employees suck. I would do it, but this was heavily debated on the employee subreddit. If they deny it, I'd burn them on the survey.

2. This also depends on how much your employees suck. My store would adjust the price, most stores probably would not.
Thanks, I'll just have to give it a shot.

I might get the PS Classic. I was getting The Show and debating Days Gone. Figure the extra 25% off both of those should make it pretty painless.

If anyone cares, stores got an extra allotment for the loot chest version of borderlands 3. My store only got one for each console (X/4), so if you're interested it might be worth to stop by. Minimum deposit is $25.

Sunday will start a pretty decent deal on Xbox One controllers. The Artic White and Volcano Shadow will be $54.99 (normally $70), and if you trade in a DS4 or One controller, the price drops to $30.

Does anyone know if the trade credit for the old controller is what drops the price to $30?

From an email I just received. They are basically giving you $25 for your controller ($44.99 - $25 = $19.99).

oh4vgj.png

Weak. There goes my Friday afternoon.

What? Controllers are $40 during days of play. This is a $1 deal because controllers usually net you $19 with Pro anyway. Smh Gamestop
I was ready to buy a controller from them this morning until I saw that they were charging $44.99 while everyone else was charging $39.99. Guess they got to swindle those soccer moms somehow.

just came to post this as I had the same issue. He did the manual adjustment though with no issues.

Also, PS Classic does count as a system. I bought it and got 25% off Monster Hunter World and Penny Pinching Princess. And the 25% stacks with Elite, so they both went from $19.99 to $12.

I used my points on a discount coupon and used the coupon to buy a game. This was hours ago and the coupon is still showing in my active offers... will I be able to use the coupon one more time? I know some of you have had this happen to you and just want to know before I try.

I used my points on a discount coupon and used the coupon to buy a game. This was hours ago and the coupon is still showing in my active offers... will I be able to use the coupon one more time? I know some of you have had this happen to you and just want to know before I try.
2 weeks ago I had a $15 off coupon that I used twice in an hour. They never took any points or any other consequences.

I picked up Spiderman and GOW with some reward certificates. GS is really trying to push disc warranties. Idk if they'll be around long enough to fulfill those warranties.

What's the gamestop e-mail for customer support? Made some online orders a few months back and received no points on my purchases

I might get the PS Classic. I was getting The Show and debating Days Gone. Figure the extra 25% off both of those should make it pretty painless.
I got lots of great used games. With the Classic now 30 bucks, that MORE than paid for it. Cheap Spider Man, Kings Quest, Kingdom Hearts III, Blood Borne, Last of Us. And 120 bucks worth of other games. Great day!

Would that be around May 25-26th?
I checked, it was actually 3 weeks ago, May 18th. Bought a COD WWII Valor Edition, refreshed Active Offers and it was still there, then I went to another store and used it on the Namco PSX Coaster Set and it went away.

Got a $50 Steam Wallet Card using a Reward Certificate today, so can confirm it does work other than the XBL, PSN, and Switch Cards. Can be good for stocking up for the upcoming Steam Summer Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back