2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also traded in a copy of Drive Club for PS4 today when I went in to pick up a pre-owned copy of God of War with some gift cards.  Got $7.75 with the $5 included, and the associate confirmed to me that it's still working through the end of the day.  

Just had a ridiculous experience. Tried to do the $2 system deal but was denied by the employee 'because that must be a glitch. It shouldn't count as a system'...ok. Then tried trading in a DS, but the POS had a wildly different total than the app value I looked up just before going in. Was told they don't take customer app values because 'some people code fake apps to look just like the GS app to rip them off'... I think that's enough Gamestop for awhile.

Just had a ridiculous experience. Tried to do the $2 system deal but was denied by the employee 'because that must be a glitch. It shouldn't count as a system'...ok. Then tried trading in a DS, but the POS had a wildly different total than the app value I looked up just before going in. Was told they don't take customer app values because 'some people code fake apps to look just like the GS app to rip them off'... I think that's enough Gamestop for awhile.
It's so weird when you get these Commando employees...like, these discounts aren't coming out of your pocket lol...the employee at the GS i went to was like "oh wow, it counts as a system...smart..."

Do they just make this stuff up as they go alomg? I was told the other day when I tried trading in UFC 3 for the PS4 that the reason the app had a higher value (app was $7 and pos was $4) was because that was the average trade in value across the US so you could get more or you could get less. What a bunch of bs.

As a software engineer I can confirm we are all spending our time designing apps that mimic gamestop’s to scam them out of trade credit.

They finally figured us out.

Do they just make this stuff up as they go alomg? I was told the other day when I tried trading in UFC 3 for the PS4 that the reason the app had a higher value (app was $7 and pos was $4) was because that was the average trade in value across the US so you could get more or you could get less. What a bunch of bs.
It's funny what they come up with sometimes. I've had guys say they don't accept rewards certs in store, and someone who told me return rebuys are against company policy. It's a wild ride lol

Yet we all continue to shop there.
It's the only place where you can dump your trash and they might give you a few dollars for it. I've never gone to a pawn shop to sell anything, and I would consider doing that finally accepting that I had hit rock bottom. GameStop takes a bit of the sting out of being one of the working poor.

They do make it up as they go along. That's what they get when they pay people peanuts to work there. The smart ones typically move on

I know this has been asked many times before and I sincerely apologize for asking it but what happens if you return something you used a power up coupon $$ off towards? Do the points get returned to your account or are they lost?

Thanks

I know this has been asked many times before and I sincerely apologize for asking it but what happens if you return something you used a power up coupon $$ off towards? Do the points get returned to your account or are they lost?

Thanks
You would have to call CS to get your points back.

Do you think I could trade in the games from the DS Trilogy as separate games? I would get more trade credit that way with the extra $5 trade in. They have the complete edition names on the discs in small print.

Random thread to ask this question but, anyone know how target’s prorating works? Let’s say they’re doing a 20% off one game if you pre order a game and cancel the one pre ordered game, how much will you be paying for one game?

Random thread to ask this question but, anyone know how target’s prorating works? Let’s say they’re doing a 20% off one game if you pre order a game and cancel the one pre ordered game, how much will you be paying for one game?
why not just say they are doing a 30% off one game if you preorder a game and you want to cancel the preorder?

Isn't today the last day for days of play? Gamestop sure killed the deal early noticed all the $9.99 new titles are $17-$18 used now

Isn't today the last day for days of play? Gamestop sure killed the deal early noticed all the $9.99 new titles are $17-$18 used now
Sony isn't reimbursing them for the used titles, I'm really surprised they went on sale in the first place.

I think that Sony's ads said the 17th was the last day. GameStop might have ended it early. It might be possible to buy the $9.99 titles from other retailers. But Best Buy has already raised the prices back to their MSRP for the new titles.

I decided to check my rewards points for the first time in a while, but I saw that my points were redeemed for Google Play credit back in April. I barely play mobile games, let alone enough to spend on it. I have two factor enabled and I don't see any emails anywhere showing this transaction. What should I do? I plan on calling tomorrow. Has this happened to anyone else?

I know for a fact that in the past their system has automatically generated reward certificates on a timed basis - effectively wasting 25Kish points I had stored.  I complained in passing to a nearby store manager about it and was just told that I'd have to keep up on it, as their system is continually updating (getting worse, he should have said).

I'm almost certain that I looked through my past emails and was given no notice that the above had happened, also.  I believe it was just done internally on their website, and no notifications were given solely to blow through the points of cheap-asses like myself.

I decided to check my rewards points for the first time in a while, but I saw that my points were redeemed for Google Play credit back in April. I barely play mobile games, let alone enough to spend on it. I have two factor enabled and I don't see any emails anywhere showing this transaction. What should I do? I plan on calling tomorrow. Has this happened to anyone else?
Do you use the same password for your email? The scammers charge extra for accounts with email access, because they can log into your email and delete the notification.

Elite just expired and I went to use points for the Pro, but nope, all sold out. :|

At least GS mess up with the $5 extra trade in got me enough credit to renew Pro.

Are you looking at the right coupon? They added the 20,000 ($20) version of the Pro coupon for when they switch over and that one is "sold out" but the regular 15,000 point one is still there for sale.
I don't even see the 15000 point one in my offers.

Thinking I will take advantage of Days of Play once more before the offer ends tomorrow. Going to trade a DualShock 4 that is iffy on the left stick clicking and pick up a new controller for about $25 after the trade in. 

Grill their ass on the review. I get being apprehensive but he was being too much of a dick.

Found a copy of Minecraft story mode for Wii U and I was shocked that it had a 4.99 price tag on it. When I brought it to the counter it rang up as 19.99 and I realized that someone had just put the wrong game sticker on it for the front. The employee not only honored the 4.99 price but he manually adjusted everything else so I could get the for 4 for $10 with it. Also, when I entered the store, the 1st thing he said to me was "Thanks for leaving that survey for me last week. We only had 3 total all week."

TLDR: Do the surveys

There used to be a link where you could check the cumulative total of all unspent trade credit currently associated with your account. Does anyone know that link? And was it usually regarded as accurate?

Thanks in advance!

There used to be a link where you could check the cumulative total of all unspent trade credit currently associated with your account. Does anyone know that link? And was it usually regarded as accurate?

Thanks in advance!
It was usually regarded as: AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Huh? How can they tell if we did the surveys? Lol...this is getting waaaay too deep for "fun and games."
The survey printouts are anonymous. I put something in the comments section about what he did, and he remembered it was me. I come in frequently and he's my favorite employee.

Each week, the store gets a printout of their survey results with their scores and what was said in the comment area.

Do you use the same password for your email? The scammers charge extra for accounts with email access, because they can log into your email and delete the notification.
Not at all. My email password is randomly generated through my password manager. I don't even know it.

I've never asked for something like this until today. There was an item that I really wanted that is unavailable on the website and I noticed that a store in another state had it. My guy called them and they are shipping it to my store for me to purchase. Another great survey coming from me when I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back