2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
With how late the mwtjune19 tag went up, maybe this is for next week? They way have moved back to last weekend of the month again... or they could be killing SBs altogether.

With how late the mwtjune19 tag went up, maybe this is for next week? They way have moved back to last weekend of the month again... or they could be killing SBs altogether.
Wii Sports is only a $3 base. I know some of the values jumped since last week but that could be attributed to the $5 bonus ending

If the GameStop Twitter/facebook mention a most wanted list later today, then this indeed is a “SB” weekend. They post that without fail every month.

Honestly, I'm pretty much tapped out of non-retro games to trade, but I do have some last gen stuff I want get rid of. Fingers crossed for a 50% trade boost in July.

So, i feel i have to share this experience. I had some Madcatz Gamecube controllers that i was trying to get rid of. I checked the mobile app and the only ones listed was the Wavebird and the Official Nintendo Gamecube controllers. I tried my luck and the girl behind the counter easily found a SKU for 3rd Party Gamecube Controllers. Each rang up for the $7.70. Funny thing is the Official Gamecube Controllers show a value of only $6.60. And for the record, i have Pro.

I'm confused... What's the big deal about mwtjune?
Gamestop typically has a "Most Wanted Trades" weekend once per month where a bunch of trade-in values are boosted, sometimes to a crazy-high amount. The fact that there are search results for mwtjune19 and no values went up today means that we can expect the MWT weekend for this month to start next Friday.

For all my misgivings with GameStop corporate, as well as their copious amounts of online astroturfing, I've never had a bad experience at a GS store. The employees in my district are rock-solid and I'm definitely thankful for that.

That line about "old receipt paper" beats it all, though. Jesus.

Gamestop typically has a "Most Wanted Trades" weekend once per month where a bunch of trade-in values are boosted, sometimes to a crazy-high amount. The fact that there are search results for mwtjune19 and no values went up today means that we can expect the MWT weekend for this month to start next Friday.
Oh gotcha. I was thinking something more along the lines of a sale. I'm currently purchasing all the Pokémon games that I didn't originally buy during that Gen.

I have 6 Switch games to trade in and I have Crash preordered. What do you guys think? Wait for a better trade deal or trade these in now? I'm leaning on waiting until 4th of July sale but I dont want to be shafted in the future if the values stay low and a trade in deal doesnt come.

I have 6 Switch games to trade in and I have Crash preordered. What do you guys think? Wait for a better trade deal or trade these in now? I'm leaning on waiting until 4th of July sale but I dont want to be shafted in the future if the values stay low and a trade in deal doesnt come.
There is 0 reason to trade right now.

That person is bringing it up to get the extra 20% towards his purchase so there is a little incentive to.
That would be pretty silly when the 20% bonus deal lasts until 7/7, he has switch games to trade, and the stealth bump (with tons of switch titles on it) is most likely going to hit next weekend.

That would be pretty silly when the 20% bonus deal lasts until 7/7, he has switch games to trade, and the stealth bump (with tons of switch titles on it) is most likely going to hit next weekend.
During the May SB, the 1st party Switch games stayed at $25 base, but I'm waiting in case they go up

So, i feel i have to share this experience. I had some Madcatz Gamecube controllers that i was trying to get rid of. I checked the mobile app and the only ones listed was the Wavebird and the Official Nintendo Gamecube controllers. I tried my luck and the girl behind the counter easily found a SKU for 3rd Party Gamecube Controllers. Each rang up for the $7.70. Funny thing is the Official Gamecube Controllers show a value of only $6.60. And for the record, i have Pro.
Can you look at your receipt and share that SKU with us? I have some to trade in and my sales associate may not be as bright as yours.

Can you look at your receipt and share that SKU with us? I have some to trade in and my sales associate may not be as bright as yours.
I can definitely do that. I also want to add that the Special Edition Smash Bros Ultimate Gamecube Controller for Switch had the lowest Trade In value at $5.50

A local GameStop has gone very aggressive with their circle of life bs. I rarely go there and avoid them if I can, but they had a few games I needed. They slip the gpg on every purchase and make a little speech on how beneficial it is but it can be taken off if requested. It sucks because I know a lot of people won't fight it and their numbers will keep getting bigger.

There's also local stores that will slash trade values if you "forget" to bring a case and quite a few have jd to look out for. It's become a necessity to scout locations during droughts just to see what kind of bs to expect out of the local stores.

Would clearance be statues that end in 97/98 cents? That shadow of the colossus gaius statue is $174.98. If it’s $10 I’d be all over it, and quite a few stores near me have it

Would clearance be statues that end in 97/98 cents? That shadow of the colossus gaius statue is $174.98. If it’s $10 I’d be all over it, and quite a few stores near me have it
Clearance would be the ones that literally say ‘clearance’ on the price tag.

Not just him, all those "retail arbitrage" people out there probably grabbing everything they can buy up as well. I tried for lots of different statues, but none of them had any stores at all come up.
Man calm the fuck down, you realize most of these aren't even carried in store right

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back