2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
great flipping weekend for me, built up quite the trade in collection over the past couple of B2G1 and B1G1 50% off and turned that into more credit.

Motherfluddpuckers just redeemed a Google Play card with my points. Anyone been successful getting them back?

Edit: whoa that was too easy. Called the number and had zero wait time. Was off the phone with my points refunded in less than five minutes. Gamestop Customer service is the best!
Be sure to change all of your info (password and email). They did this to me for 15k, I got it fixed, and exactly a month later (with a new password) my 28k points got redeemed again. That time GS wouldn't fix it, just stopped responding to inquiries.

I genuinely have to ask if that's sarcasm or not.
Yes it was sarcasm... I know they can be a nightmare. I'm 100% surprised it happened this way

Be sure to change all of your info (password and email). They did this to me for 15k, I got it fixed, and exactly a month later (with a new password) my 28k points got redeemed again. That time GS wouldn't fix it, just stopped responding to inquiries.
You had to change your e-mail? Geez. I don't want to use my "business" e-mail for gamestop

All I'm saying is, it's been 2 years now since the...incident. Elite Pro has far fewer members and most folks have moved on. And those sales/trade numbers they have aren't exactly lighting the world on fire. Last year this time it was still fresh on everyone's mind. This year far less so.
True. Traded in everything today to get ready for the b2g1, assuming it counts switch games. Anything more would just be icing. It would be nice to have one last hurrah before they kill elite pro and pro in general in august.

i know its been discussed before, but i didnt really pay attention. can you exchange out a game from a buy 2 get 1 free? just grabbed a filler switch title because they didnt have super mario party or smash bros but now they do so i was hoping to do an exchange.

i know its been discussed before, but i didnt really pay attention. can you exchange out a game from a buy 2 get 1 free? just grabbed a filler switch title because they didnt have super mario party or smash bros but now they do so i was hoping to do an exchange.
They'll usually let you since it would just be an even exchange but some employees can be sticklers about it. I did it for people all the time when I worked there no problem.

I'm sorry if this is too blunt of a question, but I don't always understand all the crazy deals you guys are seeing.

Why is the 20% extra trade credit towards SMM2 a good deal? Is the value good if I have a large amount of games to trade? I only have around five games at most that I am willing to part with, and most of them aren't worth much at all.

I'm sorry if this is too blunt of a question, but I don't always understand all the crazy deals you guys are seeing.

Why is the 20% extra trade credit towards SMM2 a good deal? Is the value good if I have a large amount of games to trade? I only have around five games at most that I am willing to part with, and most of them aren't worth much at all.

Its good if you are a pro member (30%) and have games on the current stealth bump which ends later today.

Aside from the above mention of the stealth bump, the other benefit WAS the ability to trade the game back in for full price coupled with the fact that you can trade as much as you want towards the game. For example, if you had $100 of games to trade, you could bump that to 120 as long as MM2 was included in the transaction, even though the game only cost half the price. Then, if you didn't actually want the game, you could have traded it back in for the full $60 (that expired yesterday, I believe) so you ended up with the full $120 when your games were really worth 100. Finally, buying and trading Mario Maker would have earned you points for each transaction, which was another added benefit for those who chose to take advantage.

Then, if you didn't actually want the game, you could have traded it back in for the full $60 (that expired yesterday, I believe) so you ended up with the full $120 when your games were really worth 100. Finally, buying and trading Mario Maker would have earned you points for each transaction, which was another added benefit for those who chose to take advantage.
Oh so it's that "full refund" program that I read about a while back. I forgot about it so this makes a lot more sense now, thanks for clarifying.

Ugh, got my game informer magazine yesterday and it has the dreaded “your pro membership is about to expire” sticker. I’m elite pro until December 2019, but this makes it feel more certain they are going to kill it in August, as mentioned previously.

The manager at my local GS said he was “excited for the changes coming” as it relates to compensation for employees, but couldn’t disclose details to me. We’ll see how it all works out.

Ugh, got my game informer magazine yesterday and it has the dreaded “your pro membership is about to expire” sticker. I’m elite pro until December 2019, but this makes it feel more certain they are going to kill it in August, as mentioned previously.

The manager at my local GS said he was “excited for the changes coming” as it relates to compensation for employees, but couldn’t disclose details to me. We’ll see how it all works out.
so if they are killing the memberships then I guess we should keep an eye on our points to see what happens? Noticed some people saying before that they lost out on them completely when their cards expired and didn't know about it

Details are all over the gamestop subreddit. Long term employees basically screwed, new blood will see some benefit.

Now that you mention it, I also got that sticker but my Elite Pro account isn't supposed to expire until mid-March 2021. :whistle2:k

Details are all over the gamestop subreddit. Long term employees basically screwed, new blood will see some benefit.
I haven't had a chance to read into it yet but I'm curious. Screwing the long term employees is basically a best practice for GameStop at this point though so I'm not surprised. It would be interesting if they did some kind of compensation incentive for employees but kind of blows since they're killing pro too haha.

Now that you mention it, I also got that sticker but my Elite Pro account isn't supposed to expire until mid-March 2021. :whistle2:k
That seems like a bad sign...

Apologize if this has been discussed, but when in my account at m.gs.com I cant view any of the transaction details/card activity, is this a glitch or something else they have taken away? I used it to make sure I didnt do more than 4 in 30 days.

I'll save everyone a click:

Theduder123 • 6d
Well here you go boys and girls.

Changes begin on August 4th

If STATE minimum wage is less than $8 the below is the starting wage for each postition.

GA- $8
SGA- $9
ASL- $11.50
SL- $16

If STATE minimum is above $8

GA- Minimum
SGA- Minimum + $1
ASL- Minimum + $3.50
SL- Minimum + $7

“What happens if you make more than the new base pay?”

Nothing. You stay at the same pay.

“What if I make less than the new base pay but have been with the company for 6+ years?”

You only get a raise to the new base pay. Your tenure and merit increases do not get factored in.

I'll save everyone a click:

Theduder123 • 6d
Well here you go boys and girls.

Changes begin on August 4th

If STATE minimum wage is less than $8 the below is the starting wage for each postition.

GA- $8
SGA- $9
ASL- $11.50
SL- $16

If STATE minimum is above $8

GA- Minimum
SGA- Minimum + $1
ASL- Minimum + $3.50
SL- Minimum + $7

“What happens if you make more than the new base pay?”

Nothing. You stay at the same pay.

“What if I make less than the new base pay but have been with the company for 6+ years?”

You only get a raise to the new base pay. Your tenure and merit increases do not get factored in.
Everything about this makes me sad.

Ugh I got hit wit the Google Play redemptions. Changed my pw but I dont see a way to enable 2factor auth. Was this some sort of hack or a system glitch?

How long does a rewards cert last before it expires? I want to cash out my points but theres nothing in particular I want to use them on at the moment.

Also, anyone ever use their points to enter into one of the sweepstakes? wondering how many entries they get for something like that.

How long does a rewards cert last before it expires? I want to cash out my points but theres nothing in particular I want to use them on at the moment.

Also, anyone ever use their points to enter into one of the sweepstakes? wondering how many entries they get for something like that.
The certs have the expiration dates on them. Some last 6 months, the $10 one I bought and used yesterday expired that day for some reason. Just check yours.

I've used points for the sweepstakes before and considered it a waste of points. I believe it also says how many entries you get on the page you buy them.

With how many people are complaining about the play card stuff again it might be wise for everyone to update their GameStop creds

My Pro expired awhile back.  If I get it now and then they end it soon will I get hosed or will it run  its course and just not be renewable?

Thinking of trading in a handful of stealth bump titles including Division 2 which is $23 on cdkeys right now for a digital copy.

The certs have the expiration dates on them. Some last 6 months, the $10 one I bought and used yesterday expired that day for some reason. Just check yours.

I've used points for the sweepstakes before and considered it a waste of points. I believe it also says how many entries you get on the page you buy them.
Well, I was hoping to find out when they expire BEFORE I buy them. Don't want to cash out my points and then find out the certs expire in a couple days when there isn't anything I want.

And for the sweeps, i was wondering how many entries THEY get. As in, what are the odds of winning.

Does the Birthday Coupon (20% off Pre-Owned Game) stack with Elite Pro? It doesn't explicitly say it won't, but you never know so I wanted to ask.
Yes, it will stack with your membership discount. I can also somewhat-confirm the B2G1 promo will start on July 3rd (Wednesday) thru the holiday weekend. Cheers!

They have redemption periods and they say before you purchase what the redemption period is. They were offering the 6/30 ones until at least 6/28. I used that for Mario Maker 2. The current ones say 6/20/19-12/31/19

Advice: Always point bank and don't cash out your certs until you're about to use them

Didn't see it mentioned in the thread, but FYI, Gamestop issued a recall on the Nuka Cola Power Armor Helmets, apparently they shipped without any silica packets in the boxes and have begun developing mold inside the helmets in the packaging and were deemed a potential biohazard, subsequently prices apparently sky rocketed from third party sellers. If you had ordered it and were wondering why you can't get it, there ya go.

Didn't see it mentioned in the thread, but FYI, Gamestop issued a recall on the Nuka Cola Power Armor Helmets, apparently they shipped without any silica packets in the boxes and have begun developing mold inside the helmets in the packaging and were deemed a potential biohazard, subsequently prices apparently sky rocketed from third party sellers. If you had ordered it and were wondering why you can't get it, there ya go.
Gives them that authentic post-apocalyptic feeling!

Yes, it will stack with your membership discount. I can also somewhat-confirm the B2G1 promo will start on July 3rd (Wednesday) thru the holiday weekend. Cheers!
Just got back myself and I also confirmed this again for those that told me I was full of BS a couple of days ago. It is a secret promo for whatever reason, ending on the 7th and may start getting emails tomorrow. Who knows about the email part though

Edit: made out good with my haul near $300 and picked up Crash

Just got back myself and I also confirmed this again for those that told me I was full of BS a couple of days ago. It is a secret promo for whatever reason, ending on the 7th and may start getting emails tomorrow. Who knows about the email part though
B1g10 and 150% extra credit confirmed??

Kinda funny resellers want you to pay a massive premium for decaying, moldy products lol
Yeah, from what I gathered from Reddit it sounds like there's no known time table for a reissue or solution and stores are just being asked to ship them back, so it could be a good while for these to see stores again if ever, I could see them just abandoning it if they have to do a full production run

I'll check my Game informers too when they come, but has anyone who does not have elite pro gotten one with no sticker? Just trying to make sure they didn't put one on everyone's. I think it's more than the one change, I'm still thinking August is when they make that beta crap company wide. I was already planning to wreck one account if the B2G1 happened Sunday. I hope they have a trade promo mixed in on Wednesday too.
I have Elite Pro through 2020 and my magazine does not have a sticker.

They have redemption periods and they say before you purchase what the redemption period is. They were offering the 6/30 ones until at least 6/28. I used that for Mario Maker 2. The current ones say 6/20/19-12/31/19

Advice: Always point bank and don't cash out your certs until you're about to use them
I don't see on the website where it tells you the redemption period.

had a hunch..checked the app. there it tells you the redemption period which is what you said, good to the end of the year.

I went to Redbox today to buy The Crew 2 and a couple of Maddens, since the purchase and trade-in went so smoothly yesterday.  It came up that my card was not authorized to buy games. Despite just doing it yesterday. I called the 800 number, the Filipino chick was a little hard to understand, but what I think I got out of it was that they have a lot of fraud at that particular redbox with people returning paper discs, so they didn't want me to try and buy games and end up with paper. For some reason I didn't get, they had to block my card to make that possible and it may take a couple of days for the hold to come back off. So, so much for that plan.

Any good games to buy with elite pro and trade back with 40% promo toward crash? I have a good amount of credit, trying to milk my elite pro membership before it runs out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back