2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The elite controllers have known issues with shoulder button failure, I'd be iffy on a pre own honestly
I've been repairing them as a side hustle :p a broken shoulder button is a 10 minute 50 cent fix for me, so no biggy! A far FAR more common issue is the rubber grips detaching, but you don't have to worry about that from gamestop because they wont take them in if the rubbers flopping off.

So far I've got on my list:

• Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet 
  • Beserk: Band of the Hawk
  • Darksiders III
  • Divinity II
  • Bendy and the Ink Machine
  • Fire Pro Wrestling World
Didn't really bother to check if prices were better in online sales or previous. 

Oh god please don't make me stay up to see if all this works, though I would think the console exclusion would bust this idea, yes?

Also a note to anyone using that code online - it looks like it only applies to the first 9 items in your order and has no effect on items added after that. Just an FYI as it just took me by surprise.
*that* code?

Mind pm’ing me? Not sure I’m in the loop about it.

So we are looking at $32.99 each for the Switch titles (($54.99/$49.49 Pro x 2)/3)? Do I pull the trigger or not...wish there was a copy of Mario Maker 2 near me...

It's live, it says only preowned games and accessories of equal or lesser value so no crazy stuff with watch bands or PS1's sadly

It's live, it says only preowned games and accessories of equal or lesser value so no crazy stuff with watch bands or PS1's sadly
its says all pre owned products but only games and accessories qualify as the free item. just as expected

its says all pre owned products but only games and accessories qualify as the free item. just as expected
I know that, some people were speculating that their system would mess up and you could buy 2 cheaper items (example a PS1 system for $35) and then get a game/accessory free (example XB1 Elite Controller).

The way it's implemented kind of sucks too. Instead of grouping by highest value like in store, it just gives the lowest priced game as free. Makes for an annoying setup to buy in bulk. I just wanted to wipe most of the vita games off my list.

Went ahead and grabbed Super Mario Party / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe / Octopath Traveler

Then praying to the lottery gods by buying three gamecube games of Twilight Princess /RE2/Pokemon colosseum. If I can get one case i’ll be happy.

TWO WIIS ONE ELITE CONTROLLER! GO GO GO!
Not sure this one is worth it tbh unless you try to locally sell the Wii's, they only trade back in for $10 a pop

edit: which is crazy because PS1's trade in for the same value but are half the price

Still kinda useless if you don't want either. 2DS trades in for 25 and the elite controller 72 with elite pro. Still a loss unless you sell locally or something. Sucks retro doesn't work.

But if want an elite controller you could just flip the 2ds systems towards the cost.
True. It's decent for that, but selling locally is a pita around here. Dudes be offering $15 for new release games and wanting $40 for cory in the house.

I guess you could flip all 3 back for a bunch of points but tax on trade credit online sucks.

got 2 wii's, white elite controller, afrika ps3, gravity rush remastered ps4, and dark souls trilogy. I figure I can flip the wiis, afrika, and dark souls for $60 each and keep the elite and gravity rush free! Not to bad.

got 2 wii's, white elite controller, afrika ps3, gravity rush remastered ps4, and dark souls trilogy. I figure I can flip the wiis, afrika, and dark souls for $60 each and keep the elite and gravity rush free! Not to bad.
FYI The DS Trilogy keeps most of it's value from the steelbook. The chance of getting it is low. You can also trade the games in separately at GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back