2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI The DS Trilogy keeps most of it's value from the steelbook. The chance of getting it is low. You can also trade the games in separately at GS.
ive picked up the ds trilogy from gamestop 4 times now and got the steelbook each time. if not, ill just return it.

If you're checking out with trade credit online you're doing it wrong
It's just rolling the dice. If there's an issue it will take out the credit but not do the transaction and you have to fight for a long time to get it back. Happens many many times.
This only happens when you place an order that exceeds the balance on your card. If you don’t do the math yourself, this will happen. But, your response is not helpful to his problem.

The system is having an error, regardless of balance on card.

Incorrect, and we have a history of lots of people on this board who have had this happen to them. You try and pay with Trade Credit, you get an error, but the systems still takes the money out. They try 3-4 times and it takes out money each time.
Well, I’ve been at this game for quite a while, never happened to me. And if you aren’t flipping enough to make your buys only in trade credit, and paying with cash money, You are the one doing it wrong ;)

Sigh. Having trouble pulling the trigger on any games without CAG16 working. Was considering an NES Classic, SNES Classic and Elite Controller. It's a pretty good deal for three things I'm interested in having, but I don't know how much use any of them will get.

Picked up zelda, hyrule,smash, yoshi, mk11, and dktf $186.96 ($11 tax included) Dont forget to get free Express shipping if you're elite pro

What is the cheapest route to get a free elite controller?
The cheapest console i could find was the DS Lite for $55. While they are considered "pre-owned" and are in stock, for some reason the $30-$55 retro consoles did not qualify, only the $60 SNES qualified.

I've been repairing them as a side hustle :p a broken shoulder button is a 10 minute 50 cent fix for me, so no biggy! A far FAR more common issue is the rubber grips detaching, but you don't have to worry about that from gamestop because they wont take them in if the rubbers flopping off.
They actually took mine in as defective back in 2017 with that issue; traded it towards my XB1X preorder.

Got a Crystal Red 2DS, NES Classic and a White Elite. Can't believe I didn't try this last night, thought everything was blocked but it turns out it was just the app being garbage.

Great teamwork guys!

Got a Crystal Red 2DS, NES Classic and a White Elite. Can't believe I didn't try this last night, thought everything was blocked but it turns out it was just the app being garbage.

Great teamwork guys!
That's the same combo I did, but I immediately received an email that said my "order is under review" with the normal purchase confirmation. So who knows...

That's the same combo I did, but I immediately received an email that said my "order is under review" with the normal purchase confirmation. So who knows...
I just got the order under review email, but I also got the message in the app that my order has been received for Pick Up At Store, so hopefully I can pick that up in a few hours before shit gets cancelled.

Ordered SNES classic, NES classic, and White Elite Controller. I'll trade the Elite controller back in and get the other's for $35 each after tax, not bad.

Just went to a prestige elite store. I guess they kept prestige for a whole year and they had retro games in the case. Got Mario rpg, mega man 6 and super Metroid for 80$. Guess the b2g1 free works into even on retro games. Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just went to a prestige elite store. I guess they kept prestige for a whole year and they had retro games in the case. Got Mario rpg, mega man 6 and super Metroid for 80$. Guess the b2g1 free works into even on retro games. Nice
This is my favorite part about GameStop, and the biggest reason why I’ll miss them when they eventually go under.

Went to two Gamestops, was at the first one at open, the other one 10 minutes later (store in mall and store in plaza outside mall type deal). Neither one had any first party Switch games aside from Arms, Splatoon 2, and Fire Emblem Warriors. No Marios, no Zelda, no Smash, nothing. 

So I went online and ordered 6 games using trade credit, because that was the only option open to me. The only time I had any issue with it was when I split payment. Every time I've used all trade credit, it's been fine. Hope my luck holds out!

Went to two Gamestops, was at the first one at open, the other one 10 minutes later (store in mall and store in plaza outside mall type deal). Neither one had any first party Switch games aside from Arms, Splatoon 2, and Fire Emblem Warriors. No Marios, no Zelda, no Smash, nothing.
So I went online and ordered 6 games using trade credit, because that was the only option open to me. The only time I had any issue with it was when I split payment. Every time I've used all trade credit, it's been fine. Hope my luck holds out!
Same as you...between a busy holiday week and low stock in stores around me, I bought NSW games online. The only bad part is having to pay tax when using trade credit.

Been sitting on just a hair under 1k credit for awhile now not wanting to go over, but a B2G1 on Switch games in July was just too good to pass up for old time’s sake. People seem pessimistic for a future trade-in promotion, but hopefully something worthwhile is on the horizon.

Wow, that's insane. The selection at my local GS is garbage, not to mention the prices. Saw Bioshock Collection for $28 and Spider-Man for $38 and just walked out. Even if I found 3 equally priced games, their price after the B2G1F is almost as much as new copies elsewhere... Would be a great deal on NS games but all my store had were NS shovel-ware. And I'm never buying from them online again unless I'm ok with a game only copy.

Did they say they get to carry retro games because of their Elite status? A store around here was telling me about Prestige Elite but had no idea what the actual difference was once they hit it.

For those saying the 2ds is the better deal then the wiis, yes the wii only trades back in for $10 and the 2ds for $20, BUT just the wii cables and controller trade in for $15 if you have elite, and a wii (console only) goes for about $40 on ebay... just sayin.

You guys think the 2DS/Elite controller deal will work in store?

For those saying the 2ds is the better deal then the wiis, yes the wii only trades back in for $10 and the 2ds for $20, BUT just the wii cables and controller trade in for $15 if you have elite, and a wii console only goes for about $40 on ebay... just sayin.
Too much work for me but that’s good to hear at least.

If it means anything any traded in Elite controller is supposed to be sent in to get automatically gone over at the refurb center at least that’s what I have been told. I don’t know if they replace any missing attachments or anything like that or just check the general workings of the controller.

NES/SNES/Elite appears to be dead, I had it in my cart B2G1 but I just looked and it didn't show up. Was on the fence but I guess my choice was made for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back