2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
would you just walk past a $100 bill sitting on the ground?...
I see on ebay that they sell for $80-90, so after fees it's only worth $70-80. Time is another consideration.

To clarify, I want to know whether elite controllers are any good compared to the better quality regular controllers.

Picked up everything that I traded in on Friday, save for Pokken and Civilization, and those were swapped for Sekiro and MK11 on Switch. With everything I ended up with $175 left over

So I did 2 2DS systems and a white elite controller last night, the elite controller has shipped but still waiting on the 2DS systems to get tracking.

So I did 2 2DS systems and a white elite controller last night, the elite controller has shipped but still waiting on the 2DS systems to get tracking.
All of them are probably shipping directly from retail locations. Make sure they all work when they arrive. The likelihood of something being broken or missing on the Elite controller is high.

I haven’t got points on my last 2 trade ins, is there some kind of issue with people that are still elite?
Do you live in any of these places, (it also depends on districts)? Thanks to all the people who have contributed.

CA - No

OR - No

Sterling Heights,MI - No

--------------------------------------------------

AL - Yes

AZ - Yes

FL - Yes

IL - Yes

KS - Yes

MA - Yes

MD - Yes

ME - Yes

MI - Yes?

MN - Yes

MO - Yes

MT - Yes

NY - Yes

PA - Yes

TX - Yes

VA - Yes

All of them are probably shipping directly from retail locations. Make sure they all work when they arrive. The likelihood of something being broken or missing on the Elite controller is high.
Yep, I have the original black Elite controller (Which I plan to trade in if the white one is in nice condition). So I'll make sure to test everything out, thanks for the look out.

Side note for people wondering if an Elite controller is worth it, I personally love it, has a nice heavy / solid premium feel to it, I've had my original one for probably 2-3 years and have no real issues with it. I haven't had any issues with the grips peeling or what not, so I must of been lucky and gotten a good unit.

Do you live in any of these places, (it also depends on districts)? Thanks to all the people who contributed, a while back.

CA - No

OR - No

Phoenix, AZ - No

Sterling Heights,MI - No

--------------------------------------------------

AZ - Yes

IL - Yes

TX - Yes

PA - Yes

FL - Yes

MO - Yes

NY - Yes

KS - Yes

MI - Yes?

VA - Yes

MN - Yes

MT - Yes

AL - Yes
You can add Maine into the list of states that receive points for trade ins, traded stuff in Friday.

Yep, I have the original black Elite controller (Which I plan to trade in if the white one is in nice condition). So I'll make sure to test everything out, thanks for the look out.

Side note for people wondering an Elite controller is worth it, I personally love it, has a nice heavy / solid premium feel to it, I've had my original one for probably 2-3 years and have no real issues with it. I haven't had any issues with the grips peeling or what not, so I must of been lucky and gotten a good unit.
I've been wanting to get an Elite, especially with the 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate deal, but I am going to wait for the Series 2. Hopefully, there is a trade promo for it.

I've been wanting to get an Elite, especially with the 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate deal, but I am going to wait for the Series 2. Hopefully, there is a trade promo for it.
Yeah, the Series 2 looks nice, just figured I could get a cheap upgrade to the white one in the meantime as it's fairly new so I'm hoping they don't have a lot of play on them. Plus I prefer the look of the white controller over the original black

I've been trying to pick up two switch games and a Switch Pro controller, but their online system isn't counting the Pro controller apparently. No combination I've tried works. I assume it'll work in store, so I'll stop later tonight.

Just got a shipping notification for my White Elite, and because I'm a greedy asshole, a notification that my Pick Up zin Store is ready as well. My cart is still taking off the Elite with 2 2DS's but I don't want to overdo it.

So I've got a 0 point transaction on my pur account titled "member updated" anyone know what that's about?

I returned an online order and bought a game with reward points yesterday for reference

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Was going to do 2 2ds or 3ds with elite controller but checked my credit and I was about $20 short.

If anyone that bought a 2ds to trade in, wants to sell it to me, I'll give $25 cash + shipping. Message me if interested.

Was going to do 2 2ds or 3ds with elite controller but checked my credit and I was about $20 short.

If anyone that bought a 2ds to trade in, wants to sell it to me, I'll give $25 cash + shipping. Message me if interested.
I'll have two or so to unload once my package arrives, so happy to help out a fellow CAG.

The sheets are a nice addition. They're not perfect but they're useful. Is there a trade limit on PS move controllers? Do they get a trade bonus towards crash?

Any word on how pur certificates stack on the b2g1? Would love to get a preowned Playstation Vr and a couple 55 dollar switch titles....
The method you're referencing will work, at least in store. Certificates will lower your most expensive item, so you can use certs to get the VR down to, or as close as possible to $55. Just remember that you can't use more than one cert of the same value (but you can use a 5, a 10, a 20, etc.) and, if you have them, you don't want to use too many certs to make the VR CHEAPER than the games, because then the VR will become the free item and you'll pay full price on both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back