2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another No go on the 50%. We tried it several ways with ringing up just one game, one accessory, etc. nothing worked
Did you happen to try trading against a preowned system? They only show systems in the image and it wouldn’t surprise me if it was only for preowned systems. Hopefully GameStop is just running behind activating it though.

We tried games, systems, and an accessory. Nothing worked. She called their 1-800 number and escalated the issue to corporate and was told that they've nothing to do with it, and can do nothing about it. It was an issue with the marketing department apparently.

I think this promotion will just be removed and avoided now.

It’s odd because trade values seem nuked in the style as if they were running the 50% bonus. Most first party switch titles have been dropped to $25 base.

Did you happen to try trading against a preowned system? They only show systems in the image and it wouldn’t surprise me if it was only for preowned systems. Hopefully GameStop is just running behind activating it though.
Yep tried the system. Didn’t work, I bet they decided to start it tomorrow after the buy two get one free is over.

attachicon.gif
DB3E2582-2355-4EDD-A36D-47F4156840D2.jpeg
This image reeks of marketing error. Why would they use the free controller with PS4/XB1 console purchase on a preowned 50% trade credit towards preowned promo? This isn't the first time this has happened... and there is no mention of this promo in the weekly ad.

This image reeks of marketing error. Why would they use the free controller with PS4/XB1 console purchase on a preowned 50% trade credit towards preowned promo? This isn't the first time this has happened... and there is no mention of this promo in the weekly ad.
Very good point. Didn't even think of that.

It’s odd because trade values seem nuked in the style as if they were running the 50% bonus. Most first party switch titles have been dropped to $25 base.
The values have been the same since the SB ended.

Yeah, I think the most likely explanation is that the trade in bonus will begin tomorrow, after the B2G1 ends.

So is there a list up yet for any of the qualifying games in the 3 for 15$ sale?  I saw someone mention a list on a previous page but I didn't see any posts for it.  I know the sale doesn't start till tomorrow though.

Will Gamestop take an Xbox elite controller trade that’s missing some of the paddles/braided cord?
According to their manual, they are supposed to accept the Elite Controller without any include accessories, but YMMV on that, depending on who's behind your counter.

Hmm, picked up PS4 Hitman 2 collector's edition at GameStop. No seal on it, so it's "new", so I open it when i get home. It just has the disc in a sleeve, so missing the regular case, but has everything else including the metalcase. Then I realize that everything is for Xbox One. Not sure how they messed that one up, but worked out for me since I would rather have the xbox one game.

Weird how Fighterz collectors edition is gone from GameStop’s site. Shadow of the tomb raider Croft Edition too
Croft Edition converted to used back in like Dec. or Jan., DBZ Fighterz just converted a week or two ago. You could ask to check the used copies in stock & see if any of them are those versions. My local GS still has PS4 Croft Editions sealed tagged as preowned.

Has anybody been able to get an online order in? I would rather not go pick switch games up in store, as I want to get like 18 switch games. Employees act weird when I get more than like 3 switch games, that and stock generally sucks in store.

Has anybody been able to get an online order in? I would rather not go pick switch games up in store, as I want to get like 18 switch games. Employees act weird when I get more than like 3 switch games, that and stock generally sucks in store.
Bro they shouldn’t give a F. You are spending money, helping their store numbers. They should be excited to see you. You are the customer that allows them to receive a paycheck

So is it safe to pay for online orders with trade credit on your PUR card in general these days without you trade credit getting screwed up? Seems like folks used to report problems when paying with credit online.

So is it safe to pay for online orders with trade credit on your PUR card in general these days without you trade credit getting screwed up? Seems like folks used to report problems when paying with credit online.
not really, i placed an order earlier today for physical items and it worked fine, but last week i tried buying eshop credit and it errored out on me, took the money out but no code.

Hmm...3 for $15 on $9.99 games is mentioned twice in the Gamestop weekly ad pages 6 and 10.  Page 6 doesn't say in-store only and starts 7/8 and ends 7/13.  It would be nice if the deal worked online too.

Anyone needs another GS>BB swap, Tetris Effect PS4 is $17.99 base @ GS and trades in for $18.09 base at BB. Get even more bang with Pro/B2G1 and GCU.

I bet it works online.
I bet it doesn't. :roll:

From my experience, credit / gc works fine for paying in full for physical items. I wouldn't attempt splitting a payment with it or doing any kind of digital purchase.

not really, i placed an order earlier today for physical items and it worked fine, but last week i tried buying eshop credit and it errored out on me, took the money out but no code.
General rule is not to buy online unless you have no choice. I've had too many time-wasting issues show up ordering on Gamestop.com.

And don't get me started on their CS line... ugh.

These sorts of deals afaik have never worked online so why now?
They used to, but when stuff like the 4/10 stacked with elite discounts.. they ending up shipping a lot of $1.60 games out from stores.

These have been in-store only for the year or two now. No reason to expect otherwise for this 3/$15

I'm going to try the extra 50% towards games that I'm buying with B2G1 free. Wish me luck. I don't want trade values to drop.

Of course Travis Strikes again is OOS online. Another game I was gonna get. and I bought an Amazon GC to get it on amazon, but now the price is back up.

did 3 sets so far with the buy 2 get 1, still debating on more, really want civ 6 on switch and division 2 but i think im done.

ps4

kingdom hearts story so far

dragon quest xi

tales of vesperia DE

kingdom hearts 3

my time at portia

tetris effect

demon gaze 2

fate/extella

summon night 6

So I have some information from an employee who showed me the actual signage thats getting put up.  Pro Members will get 30% on trade value.  I'm sorry I didn't look long enough to get the dates, but she said it starts tomorrow.  ALSO, there's apparently a "credit = cash" promotion as well. 

Could be interesting times.  Hit those flea markets and tag sales, people.

Made around $700 during last SB, spent it all during these sales. Hopefully with the trade promo tomorrow I can make it back lol.

Got over 30 games, 2 collector editions, 2 shirts.

So I have some information from an employee who showed me the actual signage thats getting put up. Pro Members will get 30% on trade value. I'm sorry I didn't look long enough to get the dates, but she said it starts tomorrow. ALSO, there's apparently a "credit = cash" promotion as well.

Could be interesting times. Hit those flea markets and tag sales, people.
It was probably for this trade promo.

trade.jpg

Croft Edition converted to used back in like Dec. or Jan., DBZ Fighterz just converted a week or two ago. You could ask to check the used copies in stock & see if any of them are those versions. My local GS still has PS4 Croft Editions sealed tagged as preowned.
So what happens to the games converted to pre owned? Hidden in the back/shelves? And are the prices the pre owned price you see on the app? I’d actually check to see if I have any luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back