2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So are we thinking we might see a bump next week or nah? Really don't want the rest of these switch values to tank if I wait on trading stuff. I have no idea why BotW is so low now.
May be a bump but more likely at the end of the month. I’m holding onto my copies of Botw until then, hoping for a 30 base.

Found a Sora nendoroid that didn't show up on store search, he had trouble getting it to scan so maybe the sky is wrong idk, got it for $20 tho

50% + elite was too good to pass up. Had 14 switch games to flip back and ended up with about $700 in credit. Cheers for keeping everyone updated. This thread is my go to for deals.

Ended up with a reaper, a widowmaker, and a voltron set. All the snowball holds I put in got canceled. The one genji sword I could find got canceled as well.
I had a genji order call me after they had confirmed it saying they had shipped it out yesterday to somewhere, didnt really make sense.

This was my overall haul, there was 1 more snowball available but it was a 40 min drive so I passed. Also passed on the plasma rifle, I spent enough money today

haul2.jpg

Picked up

Nendo sulley
Nendo witcher dude
Plasma rifle
Digimon
Dragon balls
Figma reaper

Hesitated on some since they were opened for display, but bought them anyway.

Traded in 5 switch games from the B2G1 and purchased fallout rifle and fist and 3 for 15 games. Thanks CAG...elite expires in NOV so making the most out of it.

This is my hual
-fallout power fist
-fallout plasma pistol
-fallout plasma rifle
-fortnite pickaxe

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I went to my local GameStop to trade in a dozen Switch games I got last week with the B2G1 promo. The store leader doing my transaction went all JD on me by looking up my account saying that I'm taking advantage of GameStop by trading in the games I got last week with the B2G1 and that my account might get flagged with a possible ban. He let me complete the trade in but with a warning.

I went to my local GameStop to trade in a dozen Switch games I got last week with the B2G1 promo. The store leader doing my transaction went all JD on me by looking up my account saying that I'm taking advantage of GameStop by trading in the games I got last week with the B2G1 and that my account might get flagged with a possible ban. He let me complete the trade in but with a warning.

Are you ok?

Just picked up the Voltron set, wasn’t expecting it to be so big. Must of missed the genji sword last night my store had it on hold for someone.

How in the hell would you know that a 50% bump would occur within the next week? None of us did. We can’t see the future

Junior detectives make me sick,

How in the hell would you know that a 50% bump would occur within the next week? None of us did. We can’t see the future

Junior detectives make me sick,
Luckily my store is pretty cool. Poured all of my credit into future trades during the B2G1 with hopes of a good promo, but like you said, it’s still a risk and nothing is guaranteed. This is the first 50% extra trade promo in a very long time from what I remember, so it’s luck for everyone who went big during the B2G1...

Just tell him you beat all those games already. Or you saw the value they were offering now and just couldn't say no to it. Over a week is plenty of time in between trades. He only threatened because he knows LP likely won't do jack unless you're blatantly flipping.

This is another reason I'm looking forward to them getting commissions on trade in numbers. You'll have a bunch of employees who actually want your trades like they should.
I'm Pro elite til 2020. If the trade limit is still $2000 and no more than 3 game titles per console than I should be fine.

I'm Pro elite til 2020. If the trade limit is still $2000 and no more than 3 game titles per console than I should be fine.
If a JD flagged your account, then limits don't matter, because he can have your account banned by telling LP. You can contact the DM if you felt he (JD) targeted you for no reason and the DM could lift your ban.

Picked up some Power Rangers stuff.
Got both the regular legacy morpher and the Tommy Oliver edition.
Then I was able to locate a White tiger Saba sword which is awesome. Hopefully the dragon dagger goes on clearance at some point and I'll get that also.

Luckily my store is pretty cool. Poured all of my credit into future trades during the B2G1 with hopes of a good promo, but like you said, it’s still a risk and nothing is guaranteed. This is the first 50% extra trade promo in a very long time from what I remember, so it’s luck for everyone who went big during the B2G1...
I am waiting to see if Gamestop completely kills off Elite in August before I hold onto to anymore games.

So....Sonic Team racing dropped to $29.99 at Best Buy so I am going to test GS to see if they will price match.  I bought it last week from GS for $40 but haven't opened it yet. 

So....Sonic Team racing dropped to $29.99 at Best Buy so I am going to test GS to see if they will price match. I bought it last week from GS for $40 but haven't opened it yet.
They'll let you return, but unless they are advertising it for that price I don't think they're going to price match.

Lots of Redbox flips

Friday the 13th PS4 is $10.99 at Redbox and gets $15.3 trade credit ($9 base) in trade credit with Elite (assuming its 70% bump over regular)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider PS4 is $12.99 and gets $17 ($10 base)

The Crew 2 PS4 is $14.99 and gets $34 (20 base)

We Happy Few PS4 is $9.99 and gets  $15.3 ($9 base)

Sonic Mania Plus PS4 is $12.99 and gets $20.4 ($12 base)

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 is $12.99 and gets $17 ($10 base)

I'm sure XBOX one is about the same, but I dont feel like doing them both. There may be some I missed since you can't see prices on games if there are none in stock in your area. 

Had a decent day trade wise, though the employee loudly exclaiming how much my trade was for and getting his manager to show him too was annoying. They both had no idea the 50% was going on and thought the system was broken lmao. Ran into a lot of the $20 collectibles but am seriously running out of display room in my house so I passed.

Didn't go seeking out the $20 collectibles hardcore since most of them would have required lots of driving and I am low on space. However, did get a Plasma Pistol and Plasma Rifle at my nearest GameStop.

FYI I found out the PS4 trade in deal does work for multiple qualifying items although it made the PS4 only $150 instead of $175 which might have been due to putting in the PS4 in first?

I didn't actually do the trade but the rep was nice and helped with seeing if you could apply multiple items to the PS4 trade in deal.

Who advertised it to being exactly Sunday to start 7/14/19?

Who officially advertised this sale before it went live? Whispers and rumors in this thread don’t count.
On their fucking website. There was literally a fucking banner advertising it last Sunday. I even mentioned it when I saw it. Hell, it’s the same fucking banner.

Besides the main switch games, the 50% bonus trade promo is actually worse than what we were getting two weeks ago. I was running through my excel sheets, and current trade values with elite and 50% are about 20-30% lower than two weeks ago.

Besides the main switch games, the 50% bonus trade promo is actually worse than what we were getting two weeks ago. I was running through my excel sheets, and current trade values with elite and 50% are about 20-30% lower than two weeks ago.
Yea, sad I was on vacation at the end of June. Oh well. I sill got a decent haul today, but if I was in town, I would have had about 2X with the restock on July 4th.

That same banner also said it started 7/7. No way to know the banner was legit but meant for 7/14 instead.
I don’t remember the banner even listing a date. It was clearly a mistake on their marketing departments part by having it up a week early.

I had few Gamestops with the Mei Robot Statue decided to reserve for store pick up but I never got the notification for it.
Sadly I couldn't go to pick it up right away, I'm guessing reserving anything at gamestop is the worst possible thing to do.

I heard about the figure sale a few hours after it went live but I was able to get Sora & Roll (from Mega Man) Nendoroids at my local store first thing in the morning.

Also, not sure if anyone else is looking for one but the Nintendo Labo VR Kit is finally back in stock on the GS website!

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/accessories/nintendo-labo-vr-kit/174148

I cashed in some point certificates and got one for just over $5 shipped! :D

I had few Gamestops with the Mei Robot Statue decided to reserve for store pick up but I never got the notification for it.
Sadly I couldn't go to pick it up right away, I'm guessing reserving anything at gamestop is the worst possible thing to do.
For super discounts like these, i'm sure its terrible. I have zero interest in the collectibles stuff; only care about games and when it comes to those, its been generally good.

I don’t remember the banner even listing a date. It was clearly a mistake on their marketing departments part by having it up a week early.
I mean, everyone is right. They did make a mistake, but there was good reason to believe that the promo would go live during their summer sale. It was unusual that it didn't show up in their weekly ad and that it took a full 24 hours before the banner was pulled.

Reserving things on super-clearance tip off the employees to the deals. If they are interested and dishonest, they will cancel it and buy it themselves or have a friend buy it. I've have pretty good luck most of the time, but I've also experienced a lot of sketchiness.

Last time there were the $10 clearance statues, I had reserved one, went to pick it up, and the lady was taking it out of the box and looking at it as I was walking in. Then, she told me that the statues weren't on clearance yet and that I would have to come back tomorrow. I said that I knew they were on clearance because I had just bought other statues at another GameStop that had a big sign saying $9.99 clearance statues and showed her the price online. She then pretended to type something into the computer and said that the statue was $40.00 and that I must have been mistaken, and that it was a little known fact that GameStop sales don't actually kick in until Tuesday (oh, silly me! How could I not have known.) I basically told her to just scan the damn thing and see what price comes up, she did, it was $10. Paid the $10 and got the hell out of there. I absolutely guarantee that she would have cancelled my reservation had she checked it out and saw the price before I had actually arrived there.

so what’s the consensus, trade top tier switch games now or wait for hopeful bump on friday and risk values being nuked tomorrow?
I just went ahead and did it anyway, since trading in everything I had would put me right up to the 2k limit. Hard to know what GS will do but with the current trends I'm not sure it's worth risking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back