2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
You sound like a blast.
And you sound like a 12 year old troll with Aspergers. Don't worry pal, eventually you might learn enough social cues to pass as human.

Good advice / piece of knowledge to know!! Thanks!
I've got just about 4000 games, so even with keeping track I still make mistakes and buy games twice. It not that I'm meticulous, its just pretty much impossible to manage without some record.

You guys think nier game of the yorha will drop around $20. Tempted to trade in my original version for $20.80 and buy ultimate edition once it drops in price.

Fellow CAGs, hear me. I regret to inform you that at the end of trading today, Gamestop's stock dipped below $4 a share at a terrible $3.98 each. Let us take a moment to mourn the soon-to-be loss of a gaming giant.

Bye Felecia.
Considering Sears/Kmart stock is currently at 30 cents and they still have almost 800 stores, the GS stock still has quite a way to go.

I got in on CBFD, Wild Arms 5 and Mega Man. Didn’t see Gotcha Force but I would have snatched that up in a second...really wish I researched more GC titles this morning! I’ll be on the lookout for fake CBFD cartridges.

Awful. Half my games went down in value.
Yea GS has a list of “most wanted games,” but they want them so bad that they actually tank values and the bump is also weak for others.... Smh. I figured this would be more likely to happen with the CSAC promo going on.

My retro titles actually shipped already. GG gamestop. Seen the prices go back up this morning. For sure thought they'll cancel them without notice like they done to me in the past.

Yea GS has a list of “most wanted games,” but they want them so bad that they actually tank values and the bump is also weak for others.... Smh. I figured this would be more likely to happen with the CSAC promo going on.
I was going trade some in. But after looking at the bump for the most wanted, I think I'll just hold onto them. Most of them only got a $1 or two bump. Which is just not worth a trip to GS. They had better TIVs with that 50% towards preowned games deal a few weeks ago for those games.

You think $43.20 is the best trade in pokemon let's go and xenoblade chronicles 2 will get?

Sold my old switch and now waiting for Lite, so won't be needing the games. My brother has a switch, so will use that for now.

$86.40 for both seems decent, pokemon sells for about $35 and xenoblade around $40.

Any of you guys buy a game, not play it, then trade it back in for less? It seems like it’s not worth it but man I don’t see myself playing these games

You guys think nier game of the yorha will drop around $20. Tempted to trade in my original version for $20.80 and buy ultimate edition once it drops in price.
You missed your chance last week

It was on sale for $24.99

I got rid of mine for $18 and upgraded for a few dollars more

You think $43.20 is the best trade in pokemon let's go and xenoblade chronicles 2 will get?
Sold my old switch and now waiting for Lite, so won't be needing the games. My brother has a switch, so will use that for now.

$86.40 for both seems decent, pokemon sells for about $35 and xenoblade around $40.
Yes, we’ve followed the saga of you selling your Switch and two games over the last few weeks. It’s been quite a doozy from overpriced at $450 to settling at realistic prices.

You’ve asked multiple times in the last day or so. Recently, $43 is decent for those games with Pro, but it’s really about whether you think the values are worth it. With pro you can pick first party Switch games for $35 during a B2G1 sale.

The DLC is honestly not worth it, vanilla game contains everything you would need/want. DLC is just combat arenas and skins.

Yes, we’ve followed the saga of you selling your Switch and two games over the last few weeks. It’s been quite a doozy from overpriced at $450 to settling at realistic prices.

You’ve asked multiple times in the last day or so. Recently, $43 is decent for those games with Pro, but it’s really about whether you think the values are worth it. With pro you can pick first party Switch games for $35 during a B2G1 sale.
I'm looking forward to the sequel, when the realization that the Switch Lite and its smaller screen are underwhelming, then he considers buying back the same switch for the same amount of money he traded everything for :)

Any of you guys buy a game, not play it, then trade it back in for less? It seems like it’s not worth it but man I don’t see myself playing these games
That's pretty much what always happens when I buy ps4/x1 games during a b2g1, with the intent to boomerang. End up losing money. Hell I still have a couple games sitting around from a b2g1 a couple years back, that pretty much immediately dropped in value after I bought them. Now they've just sorta become part of my game backlog.

He regaled the GS subreddit with the same questions about his Switch and games. You'd think he had lunch with Superman the way he keeps going on about them.

Bought the division 2 on sale with tax it was 21 got 22 cash this morning. For trying it out it was worth it for me. I was gonna preorder madden 20 but it’ll probably go on sale quick.

Point being I’m trying not to pay full price for games rn til next gen at least...plus I’m working on my ds collection getting great prices rn

Bought the division 2 on sale with tax it was 21 got 22 cash this morning. For trying it out it was worth it for me. I was gonna preorder madden 20 but it’ll probably go on sale quick.

Point being I’m trying not to pay full price for games rn til next gen at least...plus I’m working on my ds collection getting great prices rn
You could always rent the game or wait till the game goes on sale

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quarantine went back up... to $120. Hurry up and die, Gamestop.
cd2TQVP.gif

Quarantine went back up... to $120. Hurry up and die, Gamestop.
Yeah fuck you gamestop for selling games at their retail value. $108 after pro discount is within the range of what a loose copy sells for on ebay. Granted, its on the high end but factor in an elite discount, and/or the chance you might get a complete copy, and its basically right on.

For someone that pisses and moans about GS like you do, it might be better for your mental health if you stopped shopping there, checking their stock price, browsing their website, and chatting about them in internet forums. It would definitely be better for me if you did.

Not much of a stealth bump this time around although I will trade in Halo: Master Chief Collection as it seems to have gotten quite the nice bump.

I feel bad for missing out on retro deals but I was happy enough to get a mint copy of Wolverine Origins and Raiden V PS4 as part of the 3 for 15 deal.

That’s when a promo didn’t trigger, not you being entitled and whining about CSAC.
I don’t know what’s got your panties in a bunch, but your perspective is skewed. I certainly don’t feel entitled. I simply thought that maybe someone in this forum may have experience with trying to get extra credit instead of cash during a CSAC promo. I would assume GameStop would prefer to give out trade credit, which has to be spent with them, as opposed to just cash. Hence my question.

I was going trade some in. But after looking at the bump for the most wanted, I think I'll just hold onto them. Most of them only got a $1 or two bump. Which is just not worth a trip to GS. They had better TIVs with that 50% towards preowned games deal a few weeks ago for those games.
Yea, I wish I had traded in games during that promotion instead of waiting for a possible bump.

I don't use the Switch. Should I dunno it and 3 games for $290? I got the Switch for $180 during the Facebook deal, and the games were b2g1 so I think it's almost a wash.

Anyway to get more without doing credit?
And did Gamestop have that much cash to hand out?

malfcn, what games do you have? Would you be interested in selling directly to a CAG instead? Let me know :) I frequently buy both Switches and games from fellow CAGs. Thanks!

My elite pro expires on the 31st, and I've already gotten my $10 games so unless there's some brand new preowned sales cycle, I'm done, except I had a 20% off birthday offer to use.

So i have been waiting to use it on one of the recent new switch games, and my local store had dragon quest builders 2 traded in yesterday, so I used it on that, so $35.20 after the coupon. If that's the end, then I wish elite pro a fond farewell. I was on the fence, and the cancelation of it helped push me over the edge, and it's been a great help with my complete vita collection chase, especially with the cheaper titles.

I just checked my reciept, and it states that my total value scored this year was $2,108.89, so I'd say that it probably was $30 well spent.

Now I just have to actually play the games....

Store inventory has been broken on the app for about a week now. Is it showing proper results for anyone else?
Mine has been messed up since at least July 9th when the Power Morphers went on clearance. I have to used the desktop site to find anything, which sucks because I can't pay online and use CAG16 to pick up preowned games in store through the desktop site, only the app.

Your total value scored this year is almost the same as mine is. Nice. If elite really does go away on August 1st then you couldn't have timed that any better.
We're getting really close, has there been any other rumblings lately?

Not that I've heard. There was an employee on the reddit who at the end of June said that their manager told them EP was ending the next day, which I think was July 1st, so he may have just gotten the month wrong too. And of course all the beta tests they are running and everything point to some kind of large overhaul soon. But other than that it's just a rumor from last year when it ended.
Usually GS employees are clueless, but that was the same way we found out EP was ending in the first place LOL. You're right about everything pointing to big changes.

The fact that the stock price is resting on its long term, decade+ support at $4, lines up perfectly for a drastic announcement.

I know this is a bit different than the people saying some of the inventories have been off. But I ordered the Fire Emblem Seasons of Warfare Edition on Friday and I got an order confirmation for it. I see that version is sold out pretty much everywhere else, and I’m just afraid my order might be cancelled because it’s actually sold out or something.

Anyone have any issues with orders or anything? I just can’t believe I could still order that version online, seems like it should be sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back