2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's barely any $25 base games on PS4/XBONE. Madden 20 and a couple more on PS4 is about it. I don't think there are any accessories that are even close to being worth flipping.
PS move controllers are decent.

Buy 3 for $60($30 each), trade in 3 for $102. ($34 trade in each)

like my grandpa always used to say, "put your money where your mouth is". if you're that good at fixing old discs and can do it better than gs, why not apply to one of their warehouse jobs in tx when they have openings? i also disagree with your statement. i've bought plenty of refurbished games from gs and all of them look and play brand new after they're done with them. even when they have a crack in the center they put a sticker on to make it brand new again.

and yes, the games are sometimes missing the boxes and manuals. who cares? they're meant to be played. also, the retro games are missing manuals because the tx warehouse throws them away because they could have offensive language notes written in them. ps1 cases are thrown away if they're cracked or damaged because they don't want to be environmentally wasteful by buying new cases. they put them in yellow sleeves instead. seems fine to me, you buy the game. not the box. and prices are amazing compared to ebay.
You schooled me hard, bro. Better go fill out my resume.

Last time there was a b2g1 on games, I'm pretty sure GS staff at a local store put all the switch games in the back or something. I only say that as the website said the games were available, as I was looking for 3 switch games, but when I got to the store literally all the $54.99 games were missing. All they had was sub-$35 shovelware.

Anybody else experience this, then go to the app to reserve the games and successfully pick them up?

Set out to get some 1st party switch titles b2g1 only to find out almost all the stores in my area ( about 15 ) lost their prestige status. Not all were prestige but a good amount were.
Also, last b2g1 i went into the store and asked if all preowned was b2g1 and the employee said " yes but some of the more expensive ones aren't. " She said it kind of half heartedly like someone told her to say that but she wasnt really that committed to it. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was surprised to find out last night the gamestop closest to my house is prestige, it's the only one in my area. They must have just gotten it in the last year.

They only had one really small sign in the store about the sale.

I was able to pick up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3,Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Octopath Traveler in the b2g1.   Was hoping they would have Super Mario Maker 2 or New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe but they didn't have either. 

if you're that good at fixing old discs and can do it better than gs, why not apply to one of their warehouse jobs in tx when they have openings?
Yeah Rick4Life, why don't you relocate to Texas to work in a GameStop warehouse for shit pay?

LOL maybe you should call Gordon Ramsey and ask him if his burgers are so good, why doesn't he get a job at McDonalds.

I was able to return and rebuy 9 switch games without issue at 2 different prestige stores. I ended up getting 21 games for the next SB and some surveys to give great feedback for future prestige:)

Man, I had plans for this Prestige Day, but I've been stuck at airports with delayed flights for going on 12 hours now, haha.

I picked up Bowser's Inside Story DS, Pokemon Ranger, and Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia, all complete.   :)   The manager actually keeps any DS cases that are traded in, they think the policy of discarding all DS cases is stupid.  So I've been trying to goto this particular store as much as I can.

just out of curiosity, how many of you would be willing to buy pur if it no longer came with game informer? do any of you actual read or care about that thing any more? or would you be willing to settle for a digital only version? also, instead of 10% off, would you guys prefer a coupon every month to get a discount off one game?

just out of curiosity, how many of you would be willing to buy pur if it no longer came with game informer? do any of you actual read or care about that thing any more? or would you be willing to settle for a digital only version? also, instead of 10% off, would you guys prefer a coupon every month to get a discount off one game?
How about an ignore? Does it come with an ignore?

g.i. is garbage, not even bathroom worthy. coupon would be nice.

How about an ignore? Does it come with an ignore?
Id buy 2 if each came with a ban hammer

Oh boy today was a good day of flipping. I turned $67 trade in credit, Last of Us Remastered and KH 3 into $313. I had three prestige stores to work with and I had to visit 2 of them twice. I went to the first one and got three $25 base TIV switch games and got $45 TIV each with 80% bonus. I forgot my KH 3 disc in my PS4 and had to pay $15 out of pocket. I went to the next one and traded in those 3 switch games that I got and got another 3 $25 base TIV switch games. I finally got the KH 3 disc out of my PS4 and then I went to the third store and I finally made enough profit to get 6 $25 base TIV switch games. I went back to the first store and got lucky because the guy that rung me up went into the back and I had another guy take in my trades of 6 switch games. I pretty much got all the $25 base TIV switch games and I didn't want to risk trading in the same games that I bought at the store earlier in the day. I just went with $20 base TIV games. I was still making a profit. I finally went to the third store again and traded in my last 6 games. The stores were about to close so I didn't have time to do more flips. The store availability checker was a lifesaver tbh. This is the first time it was actually accurate. I was honestly surprised the switch games were still there. Sorting the TIV by trade value was really useful since we can't rely on sheets anymore.  My Elite ends on 9/1 so this is pretty much going to be the last time I get any good trade deals. Thanks for posting the deals guys.  :D/

At the risk of being flamed with “lol you work for gamestop”, don’t they have relatively small debt and a good amount of cash on hand? Companies don’t just close if they have cash and not as big of debt.

Well didn’t have a lot of luck with the best switch games until the last store at 9PM that had one of everything but Maker, but the best thing was finding out they could pre order me the Pokémon Switch Lite. And apparently I got a Japanese or Korean version of Splatoon? Hope it’s real.

Got a pretty nice haul here too. Is CSAC still going on tomorrow? The only stores eligible for it are 3 hours away though so I'm not sure if that's worth the 6 hour round trip haha.

Edit: Just remembered that the majority of my limit resets on the 14th so I guess no 50% for me barring a miracle on the next bump. 😭

Just some advice, return/rebuys at the same store are usually highly frowned upon. Even if the store says it's ok it's one of those things they (the bosses) actually notice, and employees can get in trouble, and when others go to their store to try it, it just looks really bad.
Where did you hear this?

Oh boy today was a good day of flipping. I turned $67 trade in credit, Last of Us Remastered and KH 3 into $313. I had three prestige stores to work with and I had to visit 2 of them twice. I went to the first one and got three $25 base TIV switch games and got $45 TIV each with 80% bonus. I forgot my KH 3 disc in my PS4 and had to pay $15 out of pocket. I went to the next one and traded in those 3 switch games that I got and got another 3 $25 base TIV switch games. I finally got the KH 3 disc out of my PS4 and then I went to the third store and I finally made enough profit to get 6 $25 base TIV switch games. I went back to the first store and got lucky because the guy that rung me up went into the back and I had another guy take in my trades of 6 switch games. I pretty much got all the $25 base TIV switch games and I didn't want to risk trading in the same games that I bought at the store earlier in the day. I just went with $20 base TIV games. I was still making a profit. I finally went to the third store again and traded in my last 6 games. The stores were about to close so I didn't have time to do more flips. The store availability checker was a lifesaver tbh. This is the first time it was actually accurate. I was honestly surprised the switch games were still there. Sorting the TIV by trade value was really useful since we can't rely on sheets anymore. My Elite ends on 9/1 so this is pretty much going to be the last time I get any good trade deals. Thanks for posting the deals guys. :D/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uMEE7eaaUA

What is with some of you guys posting anti-GS youtube videos? If it ain't a deal or in some way a benefit to the members here, don't bother posting it.

or at least post some videos with new information, not shit that was talked about last week
Last week try last year. Always avoid those videos because it’s always about the same crap as the last video. Don’t know what this guys will do once GameStop does eventually go out of business.

Last week try last year. Always avoid those videos because it’s always about the same crap as the last video. Don’t know what this guys will do once GameStop does eventually go out of business.
In the year 2027:

*rants for 10 minutes about how those greedy scammers only offered them $.05 for NBA 2K12 in 2016 before gloating over the fact that the company has been out of business for 2 years*

I wonder what the crossover percentage is of people that say Gamestop is going out of business next year and those that say Nintendo should go third party. 

What is with some of you guys posting anti-GS youtube videos? If it ain't a deal or in some way a benefit to the members here, don't bother posting it.
exactly, i wouldn't be surprised if some of them are affiliated with gs competitors and are trying to make the company look bad. amazon plants, they've been known to astroturf sites like reddit and other forums from criticism against them and now i'm sure they've stepped it up and are now bashing competing companies. and that video about camelot pisses me off so much. all that guy does is bash this company because he got canned for poor performance. if you guys want to help me flag all of his videos it would be great...

In the year 2027:

*rants for 10 minutes about how those greedy scammers only offered them $.05 for NBA 2K12 in 2016 before gloating over the fact that the company has been out of business for 2 years*
that's the real "issue" with trade values. people bring in games that get less than a $1 and the reason why they get those values is because gs probably have 50 copies of that game in stock for $4.99 and they can't sell a single one of those. many of those old sports games and cheap games that don't move for months eventually get trashed.if you notice gs will always give competitive values for the games that actually sell. it's a fact that you can't sell those games for more on ebay after fees and shipping than gs gives for trade in value. people bring in their scratched up old copy of halo 3 that they bought in 2007 and then get pissed off when gs can't take it.

I was able to buy and flip 5 Switch games to convert some of my  trade credit back into cash at basically even money. I kept New Super Mario Deluxe though, since i got it for almost free.  Grabbed Konami Classics Vol1 (360), Amazing Spiderman (WiiU), and Etrian Odyssey Untold Millenium Girl(3DS) for $9.59 a piece after B2G1.  Also grabbed another 6  3for$15 games.

Both Prestige stores had plenty of the $55 Switch titles.

I was able to buy and flip 5 Switch games to convert some of my trade credit back into cash at basically even money. I kept New Super Mario Deluxe though, since i got it for almost free. Grabbed Konami Classics Vol1 (360), Amazing Spiderman (WiiU), and Etrian Odyssey Untold Millenium Girl(3DS) for $9.59 a piece after B2G1. Also grabbed another 6 3for$15 games.

Both Prestige stores had plenty of the $55 Switch titles.
so basically you buy games at one store (prestige) and then immediately take them to another store to gain money? what are some other ways to do this?

I can't believe all the good posters that are gone from here over so little while I have to watch this thread get infested by troll accounts.
Constant trolling and a GS mole asking for tips on flipping lmao. I agree man, what happened.

I did my Madden trade back today. They couldn't figure out how to do the trade, so they did a return. I lost the points but got the sales tax back, so that's a win

Yes they do. Concerns about Gamestop closing up within a year are ill founded. They still make a profit, although it is declining, and they have enough cash and availability to borrow to last until well into the next console cycle.

Gamestop stock is trading low because of the future rather than the present. No one has faith in their new plan to save the business. The new systems will keep them going for awhile, but each console cycle has seen a decline in their profits as more people go digital and/or get their games elsewhere.
Correct.

Stock market is the investors opinion of the company's future prospects, not it's current health. They're looking for profits, and profits are a forward-looking metric. So it's very stupid for anyone to keep referencing the stock price as an indicator that they will soon vanish.

exactly, i wouldn't be surprised if some of them are affiliated with gs competitors and are trying to make the company look bad. amazon plants, they've been known to astroturf sites like reddit and other forums from criticism against them and now i'm sure they've stepped it up and are now bashing competing companies. and that video about camelot pisses me off so much. all that guy does is bash this company because he got canned for poor performance. if you guys want to help me flag all of his videos it would be great...
I know the exact reason why some would love to spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt about GME.

GME is one of the most shorted stocks right now. Of course, it's no secret why -- their prospects are really low, and unless they hit the magic bullet with some other gaming-related area, it won't replace dwindling pre-owned numbers.

So the lower the stock goes, the more money the shorts get. They are going to get squeezed though once the new consoles hit, if not before, the new GME initiatives come to fruition.

Don't listen to any BS. I see it all the time on in the comments on finance articles. People love spreading that stuff, so people get scared and sell their stock, so they make money.

By the way, if anyone even keeps track and listens to the main points of Gamestop's latest quarterly earnings report, the recent job losses should not come as a surprise.

Straight from the source here: http://news.gamestop.com/news-releases/news-release-details/gamestop-reports-first-quarter-fiscal-2019-results

2019 Outlook
As previously announced on April 2, 2019, GameStop is currently implementing a cost-savings and operating profit improvement initiative designed to strengthen the organization for the future and support long-term improved financial performance and profitability. These initiatives, which include supply chain efficiencies, operational improvements, expense savings and pricing and promotion optimization, commenced during the first fiscal quarter of 2019. The company remains on track to achieve annualized operating profit improvements of approximately $100 million.
That report was June 4th, 2 months ago. They are trimming the fat.

So because they are laying off people, does that mean that Gamestop are dying?

It's part of their stated initiative to streamline future profits in the tune of $100 million.

---

Please people, don't give these people clicks. Whether it be websites, or videos, these guys live to stir shit up so THEY make money. Don't support them by giving them your time, because you're going to end up in a delusional fantasy.

Did you burn them on the survey, hope they get fired, insult his face and say you are never going there again?
Why would I do any of that I even posted the coupon code before. I had no problem using my coupon I want to blame EA for the MTXs though that lead me to trade it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back