2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I hadn't planned on getting MK11 yet, i figured they'd release an updated version like they usually do, but I saw that it was marked down to $38 today. I stopped at a store, and they had a copy of the Steelbook for it on the shelf. I swapped it for one of my $35 B2G1 games from yesterday, and paid the difference. It'll look nice on my shelf

You know what, I just realized I misunderstood what he meant. I take that back. You're good to go. I'll edit that.

All the bragging in the GS threads now has me seeing things. (I guess I did too though).
You're good, I was just concerned for the employees that have adjusted prices for me

that video about camelot pisses me off so much. all that guy does is bash this company because he got canned for poor performance. if you guys want to help me flag all of his videos it would be great...
why do you want to flag his videos? what youtube rules are being broken?

So quick question, got a used PS4 game and it has white tape around the see-through hole on the disc. Not sure it's to cover up damage? It looks fine.

So quick question, got a used PS4 game and it has white tape around the see-through hole on the disc. Not sure it's to cover up damage? It looks fine.
Usually it’s to cover up a Redbox sticker, shouldn’t be any issue using the disc in my experience though.

Unfortunately, I found out the other day that both my local stores are no longer "Prestige" stores which means I couldn't do any B2G1 since the closest store was 20 miles away.

The Prestige store near me was great, they were actually out of Move controllers so the manager on duty sent another rep out to get them from another store while I took my kid to a birthday party.  Swung by after the party and got my Move controllers at B2G1 and was pretty happy. 

Only realized they were good at the time or I would have also picked up some first party Switch games as well to maximize.  I'm still learning how to work this out and it's really not that bad as I thought it would be.  I appreciate those of you on this thread who share the knowledge still, definitely helps cover costs for stuff I'd like to play but can't always get outright.

Also, should we be concerned about some more recent "turf" posters?  I've been a CAG member for years but really only follow this thread now.

exactly, i wouldn't be surprised if some of them are affiliated with gs competitors and are trying to make the company look bad. amazon plants, they've been known to astroturf sites like reddit and other forums from criticism against them and now i'm sure they've stepped it up and are now bashing competing companies. and that video about camelot pisses me off so much. all that guy does is bash this company because he got canned for poor performance. if you guys want to help me flag all of his videos it would be great...
Why would you flag all the videos, just dont watch?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For anyone interested, check your active offers.

*Save $3 on select KontrolFreek Thumbsticks

Valid 8/4 - 8/10/19. Coupon is required at time of purchase. No rain checks will be issued. No substitutions will be made. Prices subject to change. See sales associate for complete details. Selection may vary by store. Some exclusions may apply. Subject to manager approval. While supplies last.

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Kontrolfreek+thumbsticks,28zu0

When trading in controllers do employees sync them to consoles and check buttons for input or just visually inspect them?
Stores have a computer program now on the same machine as they check phones on that tests for button, stick, & rumble health. The program only works for 360, XB1, & PS4 controllers so others would have to be just visually inspected/buttons manually pressed.

I called GameStop to ask when the Switch revision with better battery life was coming. They said it hadn't been announced yet. I said yeah, it has and he said oh, well we don't know. Mhm gotta push those old models out I suppose.

I called GameStop to ask when the Switch revision with better battery life was coming. They said it hadn't been announced yet. I said yeah, it has and he said oh, well we don't know. Mhm gotta push those old models out I suppose.

Or maybe he actually didnt know. Also find it weird that you actually made a call like that. Yikes. I hope you gave him a bad survey and insulted his face.

Or maybe he actually didnt know. Also find it weird that you actually made a call like that. Yikes. I hope you gave him a bad survey and insulted his face.
Oh, look...it's the kid that gets beat up in school and is too afraid to say shit to someone in person, so they have to resort to trying to act tough online.

Oh, look...it's the kid that gets beat up in school and is too afraid to say shit to someone in person, so they have to resort to trying to act tough online.
Im glad you put your binoculars down long enough to make time for me everytime I post. Im sure your neighbors appreciate it also.

Why would it be weird for me to call a store that specializes in video games and ask when they'll have the newest version of the best-selling console this year?

Why would it be weird for me to call a store that specializes in video games and ask when they'll have the newest version of the best-selling console this year?

People usually dont ask questions when they already know. Thats why. That is why it makes it weird and you weird.

People usually dont ask questions when they already know. Thats why. That is why it makes it weird and you weird.
giphy.gif

Just ask them to move over while you type it in for them I don't see why this is so difficult. You don't have to call anyone like naw said just type in the coupon code or have them do it.
Well, like I said, getting the sales tax too made it a better deal, so I happily let them be ignorant.

I think the OP was saying that the associate thought the new switch hadn't been announced yet, not that the date hadn't been announced. It would make sense that an associate would be clueless about the revision even being a thing.

Not to add fuel to the fire but I stopped at my local GS after work to see if the clearance t shirts were still $5 and I asked about the new Switch and both employees had no clue about it. They tried to insist it was the Switch Lite they finally realized that they got new ones in today and I guess it says something on the box about the battery upgrade.

Regarding the Switch revision, you’ll only be able to tell by the mostly red outer box and model number having a -001. Most employees won’t know this, and it’ll be even worse when trying to differentiate preowned revisions vs the original.

exactly. gs staff are not trained to mislead anyone and customer service is the priority. some of you might notice that some locations have become more customer service oriented where a gs advisor that works there helps you while you shop and make the right purchasing decision, tells you how many points you have, what coupons you have, how much credit left, etc.

and to anyone who leaves a bad survey just to be a pain - you played yourself. your local store won't go prestige and you won't get the exclusive deals that prestige stores do. so yeah, you're really only hurting yourself if you give bad surveys because no stores go out of their way to give bad service.

You can't assume all employees are trained the same. This kind of blanket statement is the main reason I don't trust anything you say.
actually all gs stores, game advisors and managers are held to corporate standards. pm me the store and employee that gave you a hard time.

Then when an associate answers I will ask if Michael is there or if I can talk to Michael.
Not to add fuel to the fire but I stopped at my local GS after work to see if Michael was there and I asked about the new Switch and both employees had no clue about it. They tried to insist it was the Switch Lite they finally realized that they got new ones in today and I guess it says something on the box about the battery upgrade. While I was leaving I saw Michael pop his head out from the back and he gave me a wink and a shush.

I think the OP was saying that the associate thought the new switch hadn't been announced yet, not that the date hadn't been announced. It would make sense that an associate would be clueless about the revision even being a thing.
How dare you insinuate such foolishness! You owe your whole gaming library to Gamestop! You ungrateful...oh wait maybe I'm being too hard on you. It's silly to argue. Let's just post about deals and wait for the next B2G1 plus SB plus 50% bonus. Hahahahahahaaaaaaa......

i dont drink, but at this point, i think i am killing more brain cells continuing to read this thread daily than i would if i was completely plastered 24/7

exactly. gs staff are not trained to mislead anyone and customer service is the priority. some of you might notice that some locations have become more customer service oriented where a gs advisor that works there helps you while you shop and make the right purchasing decision, tells you how many points you have, what coupons you have, how much credit left, etc.

and to anyone who leaves a bad survey just to be a pain - you played yourself. your local store won't go prestige and you won't get the exclusive deals that prestige stores do. so yeah, you're really only hurting yourself if you give bad surveys because no stores go out of their way to give bad service.
well since you obviously work for Gamestop but havent outright admitted it, I will answer your previous question about game Informer. It definitely adds value to my sub. I subscribe to a lot of magazines anyways, because i still enjoy reading print (i'm old). If it went to digital only, I'd never read it again. I think its a high quality, well-produced and edited magazine with content that appeals to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back