2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Website is really screwed up on in-store inventory. Went to use a $5 certificate to get a free $5 Wii U game. The store had 4 of the games that the website said wasn't in stock there. Employee also said the new system is screwing with pre-orders too. So keep an eye on them if you have any.

You will need to pay for the taxes on XBL. If you buy a game card at Gamestop tho...not sure.
If it's a card with a code for the game, there will be tax on it. If it's a XBL currency card, then no, he will pay tax when he purchases it on XBL.

Got my Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance from when it was in stock online the other day. Came with the case but no manual...can’t complain for $77 shipped (elite plus CAG16), all of which came from flipping over the 4th of July B2G1 deal. Just need to find the manual now.
I need the manual also. If you find a 2nd one out there LMK.

Great promotions. Got rid of a lot of my backlog I knew I'll never touch and freed up some space :). A lot of stuff I got during those 4 for 20, 3 for 15 deals went right back lol. Might go thru the collection one more time and make one last trip assuming values don't tank tomorrow.

FF15 and Bayonetta 2 on Wiiu showed 2 bucks on the app before I went in but was nuked to 1-1.50 in store. I just kept them.
I actually got screwed on this as well and I bet I know what happened to you. The new site apparently doesn't show variants anymore, so Bayonetta 2 disc version is worth $2, but the 1 disc version is only worth that $1.65. If your rep is paying attention then you loose out.

I had tried to trade in Shadow of Mordor thinking I'd get $4 from the website, but that's only for the GOTY version, I only got $1.65 for it which I didn't notice until the trade had been completed. Tried to get it fixed but figured it wasn't worth the hassle.

My advice when doing trade ins now is be very very attentive to the amount you're getting, the unlisted variants are going to be screwing people over if you're not careful.

That said, I made $165 on my trade ins, probably $95 of it was the promo value. I even opened a brand new Ocarina of Time for 3DS and traded it in since the $12 is worth more than the $10 I paid for it.

Is anyone trading in their Switch to get the new one? $200 + $25 bonus trade-in. $75 to upgrade, worth it?
I will most likely get the revision with credit, do a transfer from my old Switch to new since some saves aren’t cloud (Pokémon Lets Go), and then trade in my old Switch.

The jump in battery life is significant, the Joycons are revised somewhat to move the antenna on the right one, new warranty, some users are reporting 50% faster downloads, etc.

So if I want to trade in my Switch, what exactly do I need to bring in?

Also, for those selling Switches they own and plan on transferring, what is the protocol there? Like it has to be done in store? And what gets transferred over and what doesn't, etc

I actually got screwed on this as well and I bet I know what happened to you. The new site apparently doesn't show variants anymore, so Bayonetta 2 disc version is worth $2, but the 1 disc version is only worth that $1.65. If your rep is paying attention then you loose out.

I had tried to trade in Shadow of Mordor thinking I'd get $4 from the website, but that's only for the GOTY version, I only got $1.65 for it which I didn't notice until the trade had been completed. Tried to get it fixed but figured it wasn't worth the hassle.

My advice when doing trade ins now is be very very attentive to the amount you're getting, the unlisted variants are going to be screwing people over if you're not careful.

That said, I made $165 on my trade ins, probably $95 of it was the promo value. I even opened a brand new Ocarina of Time for 3DS and traded it in since the $12 is worth more than the $10 I paid for it.
$12 dollars?! I would have bought them all from you for $15 a piece all day long. They sell like hotcakes here for $15.

Heads up for retro, DC games I traded got the bump but the one Saturn game (SF Alpha with $5 base) did not. My store is super cool and fixed it but keep an eye on the screen.

The jump in battery life is significant, the Joycons are revised somewhat to move the antenna on the right one, new warranty, some users are reporting 50% faster downloads, etc.
I have a new Switch ordered, and I can't wait to... ahem... switch. I finally started Fire Emblem over the weekend, and I played a little before bed and when I woke up, and it was already giving me a low battery warning. That's 2-3 hours maximum on lowest brightness.

The Joycon thing too. I have the launch European Joycons so I can't even send them in to get it repaired. It's not an issue most of the time, but holy, it was a pain playing 4 player Overcooked when it just drops inputs.

Thanks guys, traded a huge stack of mostly PS3 games from my closet and netted $171. Ended up renewing my Powerup since it gave me like $7 extra, probably gonna use this to upgrade my Switch to the 2.0 one in a week or two.

Was nice clearing out a ton of games I know damn well I'm never gonna play

Just when I thought they couldn't fuck up the website any more they gone and did that.  For example, why does the filter get reset every time I click into a damn item?  Why do none of my local stores show no inventory of everything I've checked?  Why can't I easily search new deals and price drops anymore?  Its like they want people to get frustrated and not shop online with them.

I traded in 22 games yesterday and another 40 today and every single one rang up at the correct price, with bonus for a total of $550. From Retro stuff to Switch.   I still have my Elite Pro and I still got points for the trade-ins. 

Not sure why everyone else is having difficulty. I thought the new website made it much easier to look up trade values too. The "sort by value" isn't perfect but its close enough.

Just when I thought they couldn't fuck up the website any more they gone and did that. For example, why does the filter get reset every time I click into a damn item? Why do none of my local stores show no inventory of everything I've checked? Why can't I easily search new deals and price drops anymore? Its like they want people to get frustrated and not shop online with them.

I actually like the new site
Front page looked nice, *every* page past that.... not one image loads currently. (turn ad blockers/extensions on/off doesn't matter) It's just the transition "oops" and will work itself out in time.. but damn annoying atm.

[attachment=32622:Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 17.53.01 PM.png]

So my Wii U gamepad only last like 1-2 hours and Nintendo stopped selling replacement batteries. Third party batteries seem to be hit or miss, 90% of them being crap. The other 10% being decent.

Wii U is fine as a emulation device, but gamepad is really annoying if battery only last 1 hour.

I want to keep it, as no other device does native Wii/gamecube with good up scaling via hdmi. Not too happy about needing a $20 battery, that may be crap.

So my Wii U gamepad only last like 1-2 hours and Nintendo stopped selling replacements. Third party batteries seem to be hit or miss, 90% of them being crap. The other 10% being decent.

Wii U is fine as a emulation device, but gamepad is really annoying if battery only last 1 hour.
You know you can leave it plugged into the AC adapter while playing right?

You know you can leave it plugged into the AC adapter while playing right?
Kind of kills the point?

Even then, if battery dies the gamepad won't turn on, even if connected via AC power. Just not sure how long it will last, might just stick a powerbank and usb charger to it lol.

I've looked around front page, trade ins, PUR page, etc. sucks you're facing that problem.
Seems to be correcting itself now. Still some missing images, but maybe 80% loading now.

Found another annoyance though.. I used to be able to look at the list of games and click the filter to view only games that have dropped in price or are on sale... I don't see it now. Maybe they moved it somewhere else.

I will most likely get the revision with credit, do a transfer from my old Switch to new since some saves aren’t cloud (Pokémon Lets Go), and then trade in my old Switch.

Do they let you transfer data before trading?

$12 dollars?! I would have bought them all from you for $15 a piece all day long. They sell like hotcakes here for $15.
I have like 5 new sealed copies of Ocarina of Time for 3DS left I'd gladly sell to you at $15 each, the kicker is the shipping and fees though. If I sell them at $15 online, I'm paying at least $3 to ship, plus I loose close to $2 on fees. That brings me down to $10 net.

Or I can just open them up, walk into GS and get $12 credit.

Do they let you transfer data before trading?
They will usually let you. Either that or they'll sell you the new one, then do a return rebuy with the trade afterwords. That's what I used to do. The kicker is that their internet usually sucks so it takes hours to do transfers, if they work at all.

I have like 5 new sealed copies of Ocarina of Time for 3DS left I'd gladly sell to you at $15 each, the kicker is the shipping and fees though. If I sell them at $15 online, I'm paying at least $3 to ship, plus I loose close to $2 on fees. That brings me down to $10 net.

Or I can just open them up, walk into GS and get $12 credit.
Or I can come pick them up

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Traded in 69 games, about 50 were 360 games. Was 1k in trade credit including trading in my old switch for the a new one. Payed off a few CE's also lol.

Just looked through my receipt and looks like they put in black ops twice, same sku. I don't think I had two copies of that game, I hope I don't get banned from that...

So decided to trade in the games from 3 for $15 tomorrow, haven't even touched them and likely won't play them for a long time.

Payed $15 after tax. Will get $21.60 for them after $5 bonus.

Also going to see if I can get a price adjustment for Wii U I bought Saturday, dropped $10 next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back