2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that's terribly relevant for today, but I was able to buy Nike GCs last Thursday.  I'll probably try Starbucks tonight and will report back later.

Wow they are really trying their best to screw people with these updates huh. If Elite/Pro get the changes across the board that'll be the nail in the coffin for me. Also pretty pissed if they took away the certs for good because I was planning on using points to pay for the new switch. Smh

Hopefully credit still works on Xbox credit...

The inventory on the app/website is so inaccurate. My local store showed no new or preowned Switches in stock. I call and they have multiples of both 🤦‍♂️

Considering trading in my Diablo switch for one of the newer ones with better battery. Not sure if thats worth a $75 purchase :whistle2:k
I just sold my Diablo Switch with everything except the Diablo game code (system, dock, joycons, carrying case, & original packaging) for $400 on Amazon, so you may want to consider something like that.

Wow they are really trying their best to screw people with these updates huh. If Elite/Pro get the changes across the board that'll be the nail in the coffin for me. Also pretty pissed if they took away the certs for good because I was planning on using points to pay for the new switch. Smh
WTF where is the $25 off any purchase certificate?

Gamestop ended up on the verge of bankruptcy by trying to screw over customers financially as much as possible as a business model, pushing people towards digital distribution much quicker, as a result.

So I suppose it only makes sense that they attempt to double down on that theory as a way to get out of financial trouble, as they don't appear to strike me as the kind of company without thier heads firmly planted up their asses

The most annoying aspect of the redesign for me is you can no longer sort consoles by condition, so I have to deal with all the new bundles if I'm trying to look for a preowned/refurb PS4. It's 2019 and the Killzone 3 PS3 bundle is the top result under Consoles on the app.

Does Gamestop online still offer any kind of free shipping or is that gone?
Only on orders over $50 now :( They killed SAVER a long time ago and you used to be able to get free shipping with web in store orders, but they stopped that too.

So gamestop really has issues keeping items new, even special editions.

Went to buy COD IW Legacy Pro Edition and said it was in stock. They come to me with a generic box off the shelf, the codes loose and say they cant find the steelbook...

They ask if I still want it and just said no. The selling point is the steelbook.

It was supposed to be New, am I better off ordering online?

How nice.  In order to even figure out the sale prices, I have to log out, because if you log in, they apply the 10% off to the base price, and if it is reduced from a normal sale, will apply both, causing you to log out to see what the sale price is.  Even if, 8 out of 10 times, it's a $5 reduction, it's utterly ridiculous.  

Edit: 

And another nice feature is on the website, if I open something in quick view, then x it out, the screen remains grayed out, ie. I can't click on anything unless I refresh.   

I wonder how much they paid for this shit show....

Be wary of App vs. Site vs. POS

Traded in Kinect Sports ($2.50 on website) and LA Noire ($2.00 on site) and both were coming up as $.02 and $.27 respectively at POS.

Associate was awesome and said he'll go with the website since I came in to trade them only because of what the website advertised.

I really like my store.

Up to $280 credit so far with hopefully another $150 in the next couple days.

Gamestop ended up on the verge of bankruptcy by trying to screw over customers financially as much as possible as a business model, pushing people towards digital distribution much quicker, as a result.

So I suppose it only makes sense that they attempt to double down on that theory as a way to get out of financial trouble, as they don't appear to strike me as the kind of company without thier heads firmly planted up their asses

Cool story bro.

Thinking of taking advantage of the $5 extra trade credit deal, am I jerk if I trade-in the discs only and keep the cases to sell separately on eBay? The extra few bucks isn't a big deal, but otherwise it seems GS will slap a sticker onto them, and just throw 'em away eventually. But if I were a buyer, I'd probably appreciate having the cases.

Thinking of taking advantage of the $5 extra trade credit deal, am I jerk if I trade-in the discs only and sell the cases separately on eBay? I could justify it by saying GS will slap a sticker onto them, and that they seem to just throw away cases eventually. But if I were a buyer, I'd probably appreciate having the cases.
You just answered your own question.

Thinking of taking advantage of the $5 extra trade credit deal, am I jerk if I trade-in the discs only and keep the cases to sell separately on eBay? The extra few bucks isn't a big deal, but otherwise it seems GS will slap a sticker onto them, and just throw 'em away eventually. But if I were a buyer, I'd probably appreciate having the cases.
If its a regular-DS game then they throw away the cases soo feel free to keep those. Otherwise it would be nice to have actual cases when buying from them....

For those asking about using trade credit for GCs, I got $50 worth of Starbucks using trade credit.  So maybe it was just Netflix that was killed.

So gamestop really has issues keeping items new, even special editions.

Went to buy COD IW Legacy Pro Edition and said it was in stock. They come to me with a generic box off the shelf, the codes loose and say they cant find the steelbook...

They ask if I still want it and just said no. The selling point is the steelbook.

It was supposed to be New, am I better off ordering online?
I couple stores i have gone to have collector editions out on display, so very likely that some you get "new" in store will be opened. Buying online may result in the same depending on if it comes from warehouse or a store.

Be wary of App vs. Site vs. POS

Traded in Kinect Sports ($2.50 on website) and LA Noire ($2.00 on site) and both were coming up as $.02 and $.27 respectively at POS.

Associate was awesome and said he'll go with the website since I came in to trade them only because of what the website advertised.

I really like my store.

Up to $280 credit so far with hopefully another $150 in the next couple days.
So, I see that the website has the incorrect info, but the app shows that $2.50 and $2 values are for Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection and L.A. Noire Complete Edition (360). You got lucky.

Anybody else having issues trying to get in store preorders to work through the app? I keep getting A unable to hold for pickup message when trying to add a game preorder.

Went to a store this evening and apparently the internet was down so they weren't taking trades or running cards/trade credit for payment. Funny that none of the other businesses in the strip mall had any issues.

Also, this new website is an absolute cluster fuck

Checkout from app not working (updated it yesterday) and checkout on website doesn't have any place for me to enter cag16.

ffs GS, you are trying your hardest not to get $100 from me.

This is a severely misinformed post. Just ... wow.

I think the person that designed the new website wants them to go out of business.  I really can't think of any other reason why it is so bad - it has to be on purpose.

wtf did Gamestop do to their website? It's now more annoying to navigate through to find stuff now.
Not to mention that for those who don't know how to clear their cookies, they essentially broke their website. All I got was "Receiver head is too large" or something with being unable to access the website until I cleared my cookies.

Website is really screwed up on in-store inventory. Went to use a $5 certificate to get a free $5 Wii U game. The store had 4 of the games that the website said wasn't in stock there. Employee also said the new system is screwing with pre-orders too. So keep an eye on them if you have any.

If it's a card with a code for the game, there will be tax on it. If it's a XBL currency card, then no, he will pay tax when he purchases it on XBL.
hah! If one were to get conspiratorial, one could fathom a certain inventory website screwup might be a good way to cook the books.

Another fun thing I just noticed, unless I'm missing something the Wishlist is now gone. I used to use that to watch mainly collectibles I was interested in to see if/when they dropped in price. I had a ton of stuff on mine, and can't possibly remember what all of it was. 

So there is no limit to the number of $5 bumps in a single transaction? I have several thrift store finds (mostly wii games I spent about a buck each on) with 2-3 dollar trade values, wasn’t sure if I had to do one at a time or something. Also, do I need to purchase at least one used game when doing the trade-in in order to get the bump like last tome?

So there is no limit to the number of $5 bumps in a single transaction? I have several thrift store finds (mostly wii games I spent about a buck each on) with 2-3 dollar trade values, wasn’t sure if I had to do one at a time or something. Also, do I need to purchase at least one used game when doing the trade-in in order to get the bump like last tome?
I traded in 8 games at once,all got $5 bonus.

Just a tip, add games to saved trades and do the math. This way you know what the total should before going.

Another fun thing I just noticed, unless I'm missing something the Wishlist is now gone. I used to use that to watch mainly collectibles I was interested in to see if/when they dropped in price. I had a ton of stuff on mine, and can't possibly remember what all of it was.
Wish list is still there. It's under My Lists as "I Want". However, they erased the list for you. I had well over 50 games on my list that I was waiting to buy with a deal here and there. I really dont remember what they were.

The inventory checker is broken too. Are they only showing stores that have more than 1 copy of the game or something? If it wasn't for all the great trade deals over the years and having trade credit, I wouldn't touch this new website.

It's funny, there's been a huge glitch on their site for over an hour and no one has seemed to notice it here.  Maybe i'm the only one on their terrible site right now.

I finally upgraded my DS to a 2DS lol.

Just flipped 10 games that I bought ($3-6 each) from the thrift stores this past year for $133 store credit. I then used the credit plus $25 (includes a pro membership renewal) on a 2DS XL. 

IMG-2670.jpg

Going to flip the games below tomorrow which I got all from the thrift stores. 

IMG-2672.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back