2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in:

:ps4: Rage 2 - $14

:ps4: Homefront the Revolution - $2

:3ds: Animal Crossing HHD - $7

:wii: Wario Ware Smooth Moves - $3

After $5 bonus each, got $46.

Animal Crossing HHD was from a nearby Five Below for $5, Homefront was from a Redbox a while back for $2 (I completed it... $2 was a fair amount), and I already beat Rage 2 (really enjoyed it, put in a lot of hours).

Put the credit towards :switch: Mario Maker 2. I have so many old games but didn't have time to look through them. Oh well, MM2 for $20 ($60 + $5 ACHHD - $46 credit) sounds good to me.

do you have to take the grip and dock for switch trade or only the switch with charger and joycons?
You need to bring the dock, grip, HDMI, AC Adapter, and straps for a complete trade. If you miss any of them, they will hit you with a $50 or more refurb fee.

Quick question, does the extra 5$ apply to every item? Also can u trade in only games or do controllers count as part of the deal?

Bought a new switch on no tax weekend here in Boston, traded in my old switch after I was done transferring my profiles. The manager there knew me so he didnt check bothering testing out anything lol. Got the switch for $240 after redeeming a $10 and $5 pur certs and trading in yoshi craft world for $41( elite pro+$5 bonus)

If they are charging you sales tax for a service its because where you live requires them to. You are technically buying a service, they are refurbishing your game to a saleable condition. In Florida that is not one of our taxable services though, so no tax. Gamestop doesn't have any say in what gets charged sales tax and what doesnt.
They could classify it as something other than a service. If they discounted the price of the trade rather than as the purchase of a service they wouldn't have to charge tax

I normally don't trade in my games, but the $5 promo thing was too good to pass up. I went through every game I had to see what I could part with. Now I have $335 in credit :shock: and a PUR pro membership. It only took 10 minutes and they were super nice during the whole trade in.

33 games (they refused to take Kinect Sports)

Those gameboy games make me feel like I've traded in a chunk of my childhood

[attachment=32642:IMG_26462.jpg]

Rayman 3DS
Classic Games Overload Card & Puzzle Edition 3DS
Wreck-it Ralph Wii
Despicable Me Wii
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 360
Call of Duty: Black Ops 360
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney DS
Pokemon Trading Card Game GB
Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire
Rayman Origins 3DS
Dragon Warrior Monsters GB
Super Street Fighter IV  3DS
Tetris Party Deluxe Wii
Tetris Axis 3DS
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask 3DS
Mario Kart DS
Call of Duty: Black Ops II 360
Call of Duty: Black Ops III XB1
LEGO Worlds XB1
Red Dead Redemption 360
Pokemon Sapphire Version GBA
Pokemon Yellow GB
Super Mario 64 DS
Wii Sports Wii
Pokemon Gold Version GBC
Stardew Valley XB1
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Kirby Triple Deluxe 3DS
Pokemon Blue Version GB
Sega Genesis Classics PS4
Mario Kart 7 3DS
WarioWare: Twisted! GBA
Tomodachi Life 3DS

I'm not a big student of Pokemon game values, but isn't the blue Sapphire one highly sought after? Or is it just highly faked?
I did factor that into my decisions. The Pokemon games sell for around $20 each on ebay. After fees ($2.88) and shipping ($3) you make about $14. Then you deal with buyers who cry fake because their 20 year old game might not save, or the battery is bad. With the $5 bump the gamestop value was the same or good enough for me.

I'm not a big student of Pokemon game values, but isn't the blue Sapphire one highly sought after? Or is it just highly faked?
Emerald, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Black II/White II, and HeartGold/SoulSilver are the highly popular ones that fetch stupidly expensive prices.

I had one game today, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories on GBA that got the bump even though it was only worth $1. It was definitely worth at least $2 when I added it to my list on wednesday. And oddly it shows up twice when you search for its value on the desktop site, both entries say $1. But I got $6.20 today. Unless he just added the promo to it manually because I've traded in so much stuff lately.
Guessing it had to be manually added. I was thinking about trading my copy in, but saw it was only worth $1 and didn’t even bother.

My eyes have been opened because I assumed they did not, like BB doesn't allow but I was wrong. Used some of my credit on a $50 PSN card tonight and have to visit a store closer to work tomorrow since they didn't have Starbucks GCs. IDK why I never thought it worked all these years but damn, the possibilities now. . .
Wait so any GC is fair game? Or only the usual suspects (PSN, Steam, digital)?

Hoping the Switch holds its $200 base TIV till Monday.

Off topic of my son trades in his Switch for the new version what would need to be transferred over? He has the online service and uses a 128 gb memory card. I have no clue about how the Switch saves game data never touched the thing.

Thanks

I swear to god I can’t for the love of me get GS to take in my retro games. I mean they won’t even attempt to put it in the system to see just automatically refuse and say “they are too old we can’t take them” and it’s not just one GS it’s been a wide variety.

Took in my stack of 16 games and got $150.12 after the bonus and renewing my PUR. Did this with the credit:

Pre-ordered NBA 2K20 Legend Edition for XB1 and paid the full amount.

Picked up Forza Motorsport 6 and WWE 2K19 for XB1

Used the remaining $4.62 + $.44 difference to pre-order NFS: Heat for XB1

Side story: The employee that helped me said that a guy came in with a huge haul of 360 games that he bought at local flea markets for dirt cheap. He the took them to a local game shop and had them rebuffed for $2 a game. His willingness to do all of that netted him around $500 in trade credit and he bought himself a new Nintendo Switch. Gotta respect the hustle when there's a good trade promo going on.

Off topic of my son trades in his Switch for the new version what would need to be transferred over? He has the online service and uses a 128 gb memory card. I have no clue about how the Switch saves game data never touched the thing.

Thanks
If he has any of these games and cares about keeping saves, he’ll need to do a transfer.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41267/~/which-nintendo-switch-titles-are-compatible-with-save-data-cloud-backup%3F

Otherwise he can just log in to the new switch and upload his saves from the cloud.

Then he’ll have to go to his purchases on the eShop and redownload his games onto the sd card again. It’s pretty easy, just takes a while if you have lots of games.

I swear to god I can’t for the love of me get GS to take in my retro games. I mean they won’t even attempt to put it in the system to see just automatically refuse and say “they are too old we can’t take them” and it’s not just one GS it’s been a wide variety.
So it is extra work for them, to have to ship them out back to TX, maybe thats a factor, but if you ever get frustrated and want to trade, Im looking for old games.just saying.

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the thread, but No Man's Sky for ps4 has a base trade in of $9 ($14 after promo) but is only 9.97 new.  

I started doing this, too. After I'm done paying I just step aside and use an extra counter space to check. You kinda look like a fool when you're doing it, but I'd rather check than have to come back.
IDK about GS since I'm barely ever there, but I have to do this with fast food everywhere I go. I swear at least once a month somebody fucks up an order to the point that I need to inspect what's in the wrapper to be sure. From wrong ingredients to missing items, I've had to be constantly on top of these monkeys in order to make sure I get what I paid for.

Well, if true that is a major move and would be a step towards liquidation. Companies don't fire their entire corporate office during a reorg; they do it before dissolving.

I do not know how their management is setup, but cutting management does not necessarily mean their going of business. Many companies "restructure" to remove dead weight and refresh the talent pool. With a new CEO it can be a way of implementing their new vision into the company.

Took in my stack of 16 games and got $150.12 after the bonus and renewing my PUR. Did this with the credit:

Side story: The employee that helped me said that a guy came in with a huge haul of 360 games that he bought at local flea markets for dirt cheap. He the took them to a local game shop and had them rebuffed for $2 a game. His willingness to do all of that netted him around $500 in trade credit and he bought himself a new Nintendo Switch. Gotta respect the hustle when there's a good trade promo going on.
That's how you do it honestly. I wish there were more flea markets near me. Even the stores like Savers/Goodwill barely have anything worthwhile.

Thanks
His profile, media (screenshots, videos), and save data. System Settings - Data Management - Save Data Cloud - Select His Profile. If a game supports cloud saves, it'll say Backed up next to the game title.

I’ve had this happen to me once, I live in Texas they didn’t even want me to put the games on the counter, they said they weren’t taking them...I took them to a other store

I believe this store took retro games that probably had roaches before

and over $20 used, im guessing you arent going to find this new anywhere, but you will find a lot of shiny looking used copies.
Yep. Had a GS employee tell me flat out a few weeks back that no stores had new copies of it anymore. 🙄

Edit..his actual quote was that GS doesn't sell new games anymore. 😆

I did snarkily ask if he would shrinkwrap the open used copy and put a new sticker on it for me. It wasn't appreciated.

GS dropped NMS to $10 quite awhile back, and once they sold, there were no more new copies. Amazon does not have new copies either unless you get them from a reseller.

For anyone wondering if it is still possible to receive PUR points for trade ins, I received my PUR points today for the trade ins that I did yesterday (ATX).

Forza 6 is free with GWG for the next 30 days, so if you have XBL Gold, you should probably get your money back. They also have the complete dlc pack on sale for $5 on the MS store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back