2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how you do it honestly. I wish there were more flea markets near me. Even the stores like Savers/Goodwill barely have anything worthwhile.
That's how you do it indeed. Some of the games I traded yesterday came from Goodwill and one was from Salvation Army. The gaming finds at thrift stores here have dried up in my area. Most of what I see now is old sports games or shovelware.

My mom told me about a place selling some games yesterday. Didn't the chance to go back because we got super busy. We're going to go tomorrow so I can see what they've got to offer. I'm really hoping to find a good amount of games to flip at GS.

Aren't you guys worried about getting trade-banned for trading in too much? I've always heard that was a thing.

For anyone wondering if it is still possible to receive PUR points for trade ins, I received my PUR points today for the trade ins that I did yesterday (ATX).
Same here, I got almost 8,000 points. Did they just give us more money!? :lol:

Aren't you guys worried about getting trade-banned for trading in too much? I've always heard that was a thing.

Same here, I got almost 8,000 points. Did they just gave us more money!? :lol:
The people who should be getting banned will be getting banned. The people who know what they're doing, will not get banned. Trade limits are posted all the time, so the people most likely to get banned are lurkers, which incidentally is great since those are the people who mess up a good thing to begin with (mainly due to gross negligence, and not being mindful of how they're doing trades).

Anyone run into issues with the trade in program? I went to trade in my old games that aren't worth much/hassle of selling on eBay and they told me they don't accept more than one copy of a game (unless different systems), which I thought was odd because I traded in two copies of Skyward Sword a few years ago without issue. The $5 promo also did not apply to any of my Saturn games, even though they met the $2 minimum. 

All in all, I got $38 for some old games, which is less than what I could get if I sold them on eBay so I'm not super upset or anything. Problem is, I don't know what to spend it on and I don't shop there much anymore. 

Made another small trade-in run today:

:360: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - $2

:360: Call of Duty Black Ops - $2

:360: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - $4

:3ds: Tomodachi Life - $15

$43 after $5 bonus ea.

I tried stopping by the local Five Below to pick up another Animal Crossing HHD, but the ten from yesterday were wiped out. "Hello" other CAGs in my area ^^

Will wwe 2k20 smackdown edition come back in stock or is that it? Can I still order from store, even if out of stock online?

Not really related, but ordered some usb charging cables for Wii U gamepad.
2 of them are fine, but third one is ds charger...
XBox One version still available on the website.

Anyone run into issues with the trade in program? I went to trade in my old games that aren't worth much/hassle of selling on eBay and they told me they don't accept more than one copy of a game (unless different systems), which I thought was odd because I traded in two copies of Skyward Sword a few years ago without issue. The $5 promo also did not apply to any of my Saturn games, even though they met the $2 minimum.

All in all, I got $38 for some old games, which is less than what I could get if I sold them on eBay so I'm not super upset or anything. Problem is, I don't know what to spend it on and I don't shop there much anymore.
you sold saturn games to gamestop, and without a bonus? i'm weeping.

I thought they would take atleast 2 copies of the same thing?

Also, I traded in a ton of stuff and got about 155 dollars.  I would like to get enough trade in credit to swap for a switch.  Is there anyway for me to buy trade credit or should I just try to hunt around more flea markets?

you sold saturn games to gamestop, and without a bonus? i'm weeping.
No I took them back- not gonna give up stuff that should qualify for the offer but does not because their systems suck/aren't accurate. And you do realize that are TONS of Saturn games that are basically worthless, right? I didn't trade in gem mint CIB copies of Albert Odyssey or Panzer Dragoon Saga... I was trying to trade in disc only copies of Virtua Fighter Remix, Battle Arena Toshindin, and Virtua Cop 2.:p

Got my $99 Zelda Wii U system today, the Tablet controller looks brand new and it has Mario Kart 8 installed. They did a great job packing it, it was in a box with bubble wrap and then inside another box with even more air pockets. It even had instructions.
Wow! Did it come with breath of the wild?

GameStop has never allowed you to trade in multiple copies of the same game on the same system in the same transaction (or even the same day). I need to start going to the stores you guys have with the clueless employees that allow this shit.

GameStop has never allowed you to trade in multiple copies of the same game on the same system in the same transaction (or even the same day). I need to start going to the stores you guys have with the clueless employees that allow this shit.
Ahh okay. Also do they charge tax if you use trade in credit to buy a new Switch system?

I've been trading into gamestop for 20 years at this point and it's always been fucking random as to whether or not they will take duplicates. I will say that I often hear (and this was told to me as recently as last week) that they will take multiples if I show a receipt or proof of purchase.

Wow! Did it come with breath of the wild?
the Wii U Zelda system was Windwaker

10848294-1044501615614060.jpg

So your telling me gamestop wouldn’t take in 2 copies of Pokémon ultra sun? What if you were a parent and have 2 kids with two copies of the game? Makes no sense

I could understand more than 2 games tho

So your telling me gamestop wouldn’t take in 2 copies of Pokémon ultra sun? What if you were a parent and have 2 kids with two copies of the game? Makes no sense

I could understand more than 2 games tho
I've never had trouble trading in two handheld games. The console games is a different story.

I wonder if the PUR trade-in points in California (where I am) went away because of the 50% boosts that happen on the same as cash trade deals...
No, points for trades in California went away months ago when they updated their system. The only way to get them now is by calling customer service. And even then sometimes I get reps that tell me that gamestop no longer gives points for trades.

Haven't used trade credit to buy gift cards since Amazon gift cards stopped working.

After hearing you guys use it on Netflix and Hulu gifts I decided to try. End up getting 6 months for both with my credit. I pretty much stopped trading as much since than but with this now, going to do so more!

Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to more cheap months off.

Looks like they mixed and matched for his bundle then. As it should have WW HD preloaded instead of MK8. Judging from that the Zelda bundle only has a special themed gamepad and a regular console, GS probably swapped it out.
Yeah i didnt catch that earlier. I have the WW Wii U also (refurbished from Nintendo a while back)

I've successfully done it on a few occasions when I have a big stack to trade in. I always space them so far apart in the pile that maybe they wont notice and I've never had an issue with it.

If I renewed my PUR membership, shouldn't I have gotten a B2G1F coupon? I feel like that was a benefit they used to advertised but haven't really followed GS in ages.

Haven't used trade credit to buy gift cards since Amazon gift cards stopped working.

After hearing you guys use it on Netflix and Hulu gifts I decided to try. End up getting 6 months for both with my credit. I pretty much stopped trading as much since than but with this now, going to do so more!

Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to more cheap months off.
Damn, that's a good idea.. didn't even think about doing that.

Yes you should have. It usually will show up 48 hours after you sign up/renew.
I remember being a little bummed finding out I would only get one coupon when I renewed my elite membership for like 3 years at once but looking back on it, I completely understand it now.

Still wondering what the dude in my area was thinking renewing his elite membership for 10 years :shock:

I remember being a little bummed finding out I would only get one coupon when I renewed my elite membership for like 3 years at once but looking back on it, I completely understand it now.

Still wondering what the dude in my area was thinking renewing his elite membership for 10 years :shock:
Feel sorry for that guy, as the company more than likely won't make past 5 years with the news lately.

If that news about their corporate office is true, makes me wonder if I should keep doing extended warranties. As there is a probability that they might be not be around before the warranty ends.

Any notable boomerangs with a B2G1? Want to get some more credit for a Switch Lite
Curious as well, have a B2G1 free coupon, but nothing to use it on. Would rather use my credit to b2g1 and trade in, then hopefully get some extra cash back.

can a JD flag your account randomly just by making a purchase?

I went to a different store in my area to pickup a game that they had and when he scanned my credit he literally jumped back and said "holy s*** how did you get that much trade credit? Was it with our new $5 per game promo that started this week"

I just said yeah I traded some in the other day, bought my game and left lol

I went to a different store in my area to pickup a game that they had and when he scanned my credit he literally jumped back and said "holy s*** how did you get that much trade credit? Was it with our new $5 per game promo that started this week"

Curious how much do you have lol

Saw somebody mention those gaming PC's, and looking at them they're pretty spendy.

Best one I saw had:

Intel i9-9900K
16GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB
1TB SSD

That's for $1879.99. For the stuff listed, by itself, that seems like it's at least $500-$600 too high.

Thats called talking.

Saw somebody mention those gaming PC's, and looking at them they're pretty spendy.

Best one I saw had:

Intel i9-9900K
16GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB
1TB SSD

That's for $1879.99. For the stuff listed, by itself, that seems like it's at least $500-$600 too high.
The Microsoft store has some computers too, they seemed a little high too last time I checked, but probably still better than GameStop. I bought a bunch of Xbox credit a few weeks ago and ordered a Rift S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back