2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
going back to the artwork damage, my GS typically hits me with a refurb fee which also takes away any bonus as I recall.  I'm a lot more careful now removing Redbox stickers/residue.

going back to the artwork damage, my GS typically hits me with a refurb fee which also takes away any bonus as I recall. I'm a lot more careful now removing Redbox stickers/residue.
So they will take it? Its worth about 12 dollars trade in without the 5 dollar bonus

Just finished a Gamestop email survey about Nintendo switch Lite. Asked what promos would be my least favorite and most favorite. Options were $10 reward with purchase, free switch lite case, $20 of anker battery, free amiibo, 50% game trade bonus, $25 extra console trade bonus. Also asked about which in-store events for switch lite I would like most, options were pokemon event, giveways, spin and win for prizes/points ,game demos, access to special edition switch games and limited edition switch lite consoles.

Seems like they may be planning some promos for next month.

FYI if anyone wants to get a system (new or preowned), most $9.99 games have a base trade of $2 and they're doing a sale of $9.99 for 50% off with the purchase of any system.

Just curious, can you give a store a bad survey for not checking games they sell? Been to the same store twice today, both times I get home and find Wii U games that have label damage to them. Kinda getting tired going there and probably try another store tomorrow. But was wondering if that's something the stores can get in trouble for?

Are you sure about that? The data should be in between the plastic layers, not like CD's were, where the data is where the disc art/label was.
Yeah, if a blu-ray has label damage, it's trashed. I've had PS3, Xbox One, PS4 and Wii U games with label damage and all of them would refuse to read at some point. It might read fine initially, but stop working at some point. It's especially noticeable with newer console like XB1, which usually gives install errors with label damage.

FYI if anyone wants to get a system (new or preowned), most $9.99 games have a base trade of $2 and they're doing a sale of $9.99 for 50% off with the purchase of any system.
Maybe I am missing something, but this is only 1 game, right? So you would be looking at a max flip of $2? ($5 -> $7) and you are buying a console. Now, if I could buy 25 games and make 25*$2 with the purchase of a console, then we might be talking.

OKay just got back and can confirm that buying a Burger King gift card with trade credit did not work. I was still able to buy an Amazon card with reward certs.

Also in reference to all the price changes they mentioned yesterday when I was in. Turns out its only the one store out of the three in the area. They are trying something to make the pricing more competitive with Walmart. So their PS4 controllers were like $50 new and $40 used instead of $60/$50 like other stores. I didn't ask what else went down. Its still not as cheap as Walmart, but he said Walmart is selling controllers and new releases at a loss, trying to compete with Amazon, and GS can't do that because they don't have 10 other departments to make up the lost revenue. 

Just to give everyone another heads up, the current talk in the GS discord is about the impending launch of the new Pro program. The talk has picked up noticeably, although there is no date or details aside from it being similar to the test program.
I’m out of the loop. What’s the benefits to the new program.

Maybe I am missing something, but this is only 1 game, right? So you would be looking at a max flip of $2? ($5 -> $7) and you are buying a console. Now, if I could buy 25 games and make 25*$2 with the purchase of a console, then we might be talking.
I bought 34 of them and they'll more than pay for the Wii U i bought

Gamestop's website states that the $5 bonus is only on Switch, Xbone and PS4 games. I don't see it in the fine print though. Did they change it or do all games still work? Got a few 3DS games I was thinking of trading in.
I traded in 360, PS3 and Wii games this morning and all got the $5 boost. Preordered Mario and Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.

Now I’m wondering if I should print off some reward certs and go grab some amazon tonight while it still works or wait until tomorrow...

If you're spending it on Amazon for sure and you have the points, do it now. I did mine last night. I don't expect the Amazon thing will live much longer honestly.
Looks like I can get $80 now or gamble until tomorrow when my points update to get $85 or $90. Don’t think risking the wait is worth a few extra dollars. Just to verify, Amazon gift cards do not expire right?

Just looked back at the pics I made of the gift cards. All my store offers are $25. I may just go grab 3 of those and call it a wrap.

Well, I got in a couple of orders during that rush of the "$100 off" glitch. It's been about a week and so far, haven't gotten my money back. Did 4 orders via PayPal for $9 a piece, and an order for $30 (SNES 3DS). I'm actually not angry about this. I just got back home from college a week and a half ago so I went over and did a trade in, got about $77.50 for an obscene amount of crap (MW2, Gran Turismo 6) plus I sold my Fire Emblem Awakening game on eBay for about $40. Was planning to combine the two and get a Wii U or a 3DS, but it turns out they don't allow PayPal with trade-in credit. So, I tried to buy a $32 (the additional amount I'd need) gift card with my PayPal instead. Seemed logical to me. Big mistake. Now I have another $32 tied up with GameStop, and an order wasn't even placed either. I never got an email but I have an order number (via PayPal), so the day this happened I called them, they looked it up and told me it wasn't placed in their system but it would get off my account. I believed them, and that seems to be my biggest mistake. I've waited about 3 hours in total to just get the ability to talk to someone and it's been the exact same response over and over. "3-5 business days for it to expire". It's been over a week and my money is no-where to be found. I'm astonished at this terrible customer service. PayPal told me to call them and ask for the billing department but I've been back on the phone for over an hour, waiting. Considering I have $77 in credit, along with about $100 in cancelled orders (across two accounts), I expected a bit better treatment. Guess I was wrong lol. Best of all, my friend who placed an order during the glitch actually got his $120 headphones in the mail. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Man, I just wanted a Wii U. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops for this. after this I tell you, I'm giving up on gamestop for good.

I'll cash out while I'm ahead and get a SNES Classic or something and call it a day. Lord knows GameStop isn't going to be around much longer. I wouldn't be surprised if they're bankrupt by April.

Do those of you who use certs and credit towards non gamestop related items ever actually shop there? It just doesnt make sense to me why someone would use trade credit or rewards certs for non gamestop gift cards and then later down the line use money to then buy something from them. I find it much easier to just have a revolving door of trade credit to buy/return games with.

Do those of you who use certs and credit towards non gamestop related items ever actually shop there? It just doesnt make sense to me why someone would use trade credit or rewards certs for non gamestop gift cards and then later down the line use money to then buy something from them. I find it much easier to just have a revolving door of trade credit to buy/return games with.
This will be the first time I've ever used anything from gamestop for a gift card outside the store. Something releases soon that I know I'm buying so I may as well cash out my points and see if I can get the Amazon gift card to put towards it. Still sitting on nearly $500 credit as well

With TC purchases you will always credited back TC. I've payed with gift cards in the past and was often refunded cash instead. So big difference there, if your looking to cash out.

Wait you can do rewards certificates for amazon gift cards in store? Is there anyway to use my trade credit into amazon by any chance? I’m trying to get the money off it in some form. Any help will be much appreciated!

Wait you can do rewards certificates for amazon gift cards in store? Is there anyway to use my trade credit into amazon by any chance? I’m trying to get the money off it in some form. Any help will be much appreciated!

Wait you can do rewards certificates for amazon gift cards in store? Is there anyway to use my trade credit into amazon or even into cash? I’m trying to get the money off it in some form. Any help will be much appreciated!

Money goes a LOT further outside of GS. So no, i don't shop there.

Those of us that had (or still have) GCU can beat GS easily. Walmarts cheaper, Amazon PM's GS and Amazon credit can be obtained everywhere (Birthdays or company giveaways etc)

Digitally I can get eshop/PSN/Live credit on sale and buy games on sale cheaper than GS.

I did buy my 1st and 3rd Switch there... The first Switch they lied to me about having it in stock in store (to my face) so I went ahead with my $200 trade in to drop on said in stock switch... they then placed my online order for the Switch in the bundle that would arrive in 3 weeks. They said nobody in 250 miles had a Switch in store, only Gamestop could get them. In the bundle of course.. I drove across the street that same day and bought the 2nd Switch in an hour at Walmart (they had 7 in stock)

Wouldn't let me cancel the order either, had to wait till it arrived to return it for credit. Which they said at first wasn't an issue, but bring it into the store after I got it.. Had to contact corporate and complain to get all but the digital portion refunded. (in which they screwed up and I got BotW expansion for free)

Traded 2nd Switch for $225 credit towards the 3rd v2 Switch I have now. Made the clerk go get it and bring it out to show me before I did any trades this time.

Outside trades for credit, which is rare.. just during these bonus events, and the Switch debacle, no I don't shop at GS.

Wait you can do rewards certificates for amazon gift cards in store? Is there anyway to use my trade credit into amazon or even into cash? I’m trying to get the money off it in some form. Any help will be much appreciated!

Just tried to buy another copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance online and it won't let me use my TC (have over $500 left).  Anyone else having a similar issue? 

Wonder if it's because my in store order for MM11 was cancelled today and I used TC.  I had to call and request the TC be put back on but they said it would take up to 24 hours.  Wonder if that's affecting my ability to use it online.  

Just to clarify, I was able to use TC in store today (after I had made the request) to buy that copy of MM11.  The associate told me they have been having issues with in store pickups ever since the new site debuted and that's probably the reason it was cancelled.

Just tried to buy another copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance online and it won't let me use my TC (have over $500 left). Anyone else having a similar issue?

Wonder if it's because my in store order for MM11 was cancelled today and I used TC. I had to call and request the TC be put back on but they said it would take up to 24 hours. Wonder if that's affecting my ability to use it online.

Just to clarify, I was able to use TC in store today (after I had made the request) to buy that copy of MM11. The associate told me they have been having issues with in store pickups ever since the new site debuted and that's probably the reason it was cancelled.
About a month ago the GameStop manager told me I was banned region wide from using trade credit. I was able to do the one transaction online but haven’t been able to do so until yesterday. I was able to use my trade credit at store in Lansing. Before that I had couldn’t purchase anything on the last day of the B2G1 sale

https://twitter.com/H2OAcidic/status/1164330182918004738

I bought a $50 PSN card with a $50 cert, but a $25 cert didn't work on a $25 Amazon card (associate tried it, wouldn't apply.

Yeah I'd like to know this too...I can try to make another purchase online with TC to see if it goes through, but I'd like to hear more about what happened to you first.
I'd be careful with this. I've had issues with orders going through with TC before and have had credit just disappear on me.

I used my certs on Amazon cards because I had $900 in trade credit. So last thing i needed was another $140 to spend at Gamestop. But normally I would spend my reward certs on games. I used TC to buy gift cards too, just because there's not that much to buy at Gamestop that I need, but I do need to eat. So I do a little of both.

I'd be careful with this. I've had issues with orders going through with TC before and have had credit just disappear on me.
This is what I'm afraid of. I'm willing to clean out my account balance for top-tier switch games and lay low...will have to see what I can do in store the next few days.

What the hell? Did they tell you why?
He was told to not let me use trade credit for purchasing or let me do trade ins. Upper management didn’t give him a reason at all. Perhaps I bought too much or multiple copies of the same game during the B2G1 sale, didn’t reach the trade in limit though. Anyways it was my fault that it had occurred, just would like to know the exact reason for the ban. I had contacted the support a couple of times and was told an investigation would be opened and I would be informed of the results. Haven’t heard a damn thing for about a month. I was able to purchase Eshop yesterday.

I bought a $50 PSN card with a $50 cert, but a $25 cert didn't work on a $25 Amazon card (associate tried it, wouldn't apply.
were you trying to do it in one transaction? I think maybe you can't use two certs on different items in the same transaction? Because I bought a $25 amazon gift card today with certs, around 4pm Eastern, no problemo.

He was told to not let me use trade credit for purchasing or let me do trade ins. Upper management didn’t give him a reason at all. Perhaps I bought too much or multiple copies of the same game during the B2G1 sale, didn’t reach the trade in limit though. Anyways it was my fault that it had occurred, just would like to know the exact reason for the ban. I had contacted the support a couple of times and was told an investigation would be opened and I would be informed of the results. Haven’t heard a damn thing for about a month. I was able to purchase Eshop yesterday.
I can understand banning you from trading in. But to ban you from using credit you already have? that seems illegal. That means they basically stole the games from you that you traded in.

They realized they couldn’t legally ban you from using your money. Hopefully the person that told him that was one of the people fired.

were you trying to do it in one transaction? I think maybe you can't use two certs on different items in the same transaction? Because I bought a $25 amazon gift card today with certs, around 4pm Eastern, no problemo.
Yeah, same transaction.

You can use two certs in 1 transaction BUT they have to be different dollar amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back