2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only that. It works on the Namco mini arcades and Commodore 64 mini. Also, strangely enough, I did a search for consoles on the website, noticed the Office Space sticky note man Pop figure qualified for some reason, and went to town on 50 great cheap games from the website. Capital!
Does it still work? I just tried the pop figure and its not taking the discount

That's why when they do go under, I'll feel bad for the people who lose their jobs, but otherwise won't give two shots about a company whose business model is trying to rip off customers as much as possible
It’s a fucking business. Buy low and sell high. If you don’t agree with their trade value, then go to eBay or Facebook marketplace or craigslist. Don’t like the prices? Go to eBay or Facebook or craigslist.

You have options. If you feel miserable about doing business with a company, go somewhere else. No one is forcing you to use them.

It seems to me you just want to find reasons to bitch, in which case you should just consider a therapist. My guess is you used them once a few years ago and you’re still traumatized about the situation. I’ll await the “you must work at GameStop” comment now.

I'm looking forward to Gamestop closing stores and consolidating inventory. Reason is the stores they close will surely be in the more rural, less-traffic urban areas. I would always see inventory in those far away stores and wonder just how great it would be if that stock movwd over to the city.

Still bad for Gamestop, and those customers, but good for their business.
In my case, these happen to be the prestige stores so I wouldn’t benefit as a customer...as a cag less stores in close proximity also hurts the boomerang.

Does it still work? I just tried the pop figure and its not taking the discount
i think they changed how the deal works since now i can only get 3 $9.99 and under games half off with a console purchase where early this week it let me add as many as i wanted too

What's the expiration date on these PUR certs?
I just redeemed rewards points for a $25 preowned cert yesterday, it says it's valid 6/20/19 to either 12/30 or 12/31/19 (says 12/31 in the heading but 12/30 in the footnotes). No clue why it's start date is from 2 months ago but... seems like nothing is consistent with GS.

If I were to add another year of Pro membership to my existing one, would I receive another b2g1 or am I going to have to open a new membership on a new account?
My Pro membership lapsed in Dec last year and I renewed it last Saturday- and no B2G1F cert from what I see. No email, none in my active offers.

Is there some issue up with their website?  I've been trying to place an order for Splinter Cell Blacklist and, every time I go to check out it says that "AGE RESTRICTED ITEMS HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM YOUR CART".  I just randomly picked other M-rated games and the same message pops up.  

Full disclosure, I'm a 36 and have placed several orders with them.  I tried going into my account to see if maybe I turned on parental controls or whatnot but can't find any settings in this new design.

Is there some issue up with their website? I've been trying to place an order for Splinter Cell Blacklist and, every time I go to check out it says that "AGE RESTRICTED ITEMS HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM YOUR CART". I just randomly picked other M-rated games and the same message pops up.

Full disclosure, I'm a 36 and have placed several orders with them. I tried going into my account to see if maybe I turned on parental controls or whatnot but can't find any settings in this new design.
You probably accidentally clicked through the "I am 17 or older" pop-up. It comes up FAST when going to your cart with an M rated game and can be accidentally cleared just by clicking anywhere on the background. You'll have to clear your browser's cookies for gamestop.com. Don't forget to not miss the popup next time.

i think they changed how the deal works since now i can only get 3 $9.99 and under games half off with a console purchase where early this week it let me add as many as i wanted too
the console thing or office space thing?

so do they not test retro / last-gen controllers any more? i traded in a wireless X360 controller today and the rep didn't even put batteries in or sync it. he said the machine they use doesn't recognize ps3 or X360 controllers, wired or wireless, so they visually inspect it but that's all they can do. just curious if that's new or a ymmv situation...

Traded in a 360 controller last month and they didn’t check it either just looked at it from different view points.

On Wednesday I got 34 games at 50% off in store. Online you're limited to 3 games per discount.

so do they not test retro / last-gen controllers any more? i traded in a wireless X360 controller today and the rep didn't even put batteries in or sync it. he said the machine they use doesn't recognize ps3 or X360 controllers, wired or wireless, so they visually inspect it but that's all they can do. just curious if that's new or a ymmv situation...
Traded in a 360 controller last month and they didn’t check it either just looked at it from different view points.
Odds are that they either lost or broke their 360 cable for the tester. XB360 is one of the few controllers they ALWAYS check for me. Those analog sticks are very prone to drift.

Anybody know what the process on GameStops end when they receive a working Switch as a trade in? My wife went with my son on Monday traded his Switch in for a V2 and didn’t transfer his Splatoon 2 data over to the new console. Were in Pennsylvania if that means anything. I didnt know if they send them in somewhere or just box them up and resale right at the store. I would call but I don’t get along to well with the daylight person at that store and he’s the one that told my wife nothing needed transferred over.

Thanks

Anybody know what the process on GameStops end when they receive a working Switch as a trade in? My wife went with my son on Monday traded his Switch in for a V2 and didn’t transfer his Splatoon 2 data over to the new console. Were in Pennsylvania if that means anything. I didnt know if they send them in somewhere or just box them up and resale right at the store. I would call but I don’t get along to well with the daylight person at that store and he’s the one that told my wife nothing needed transferred over.
Thanks
They're supposed to factory reset any console that they get, so you're more than likely out of luck. I'd burn him on the survey, but that's probably all you can do.

Thanks
It's supposed to be done at the time of the trade, so it's most likely wiped, unfortunately.

They're supposed to factory reset any console that they get, so you're more than likely out of luck. I'd burn him on the survey, but that's probably all you can do.
I did already as far as burning him on the survey. I told my wife that Splatoon 2 was the one game that didn’t save to the cloud for the Switch. I even made her watch a video on how to do the transfer. Sucks that my son just couldn’t wait the 4 hours till I got home to take him. What sucks is he probably had 100+ hours in that game.

Thanks
That sucks. I would call and check... but it was probably wiped at the time of the transaction. Definitely burn him on a survey. I would also call Nintendo customer service and complain about the loss. I would be pretty devastated if I lost all my Splatoon 2 data, and I'm an adult.

Im surprised how many of you have been able to find multiple last gen games with a $2+ trade value. I have 50+ 360 games and not a single one has a trade value of $2 or higher.
I had the exact same problem with PS2 games. But PS1 games they'll take! I hadn't checked the value on some of these games and I have a few rare titles complete like Tron Bonne ($360 value on eBay are you kidding me? :eek:), Valkyrie Profile, Elemental Gearbolt, and a few others that go for close to $100. All the PS2 games are worthless lol. Guess I need to wait another decade for those to go up in value. ;)

Bought two happy home designers to flip. First store employee was talking about how someone just traded 3 copies of Beast Quest for XB1 (who did that lol). Went to the five below next door and sure enough they had a whole stack of them.

Second store employee was training others and said five below has these games very cheap and people have been trading them in all week, we have a whole drawer of them lol. He was cool though and knew that rewards points worked with Amazon cards.

are the two identical? if they are, someone could easily just swap the sticker bar code and return vanilla switch as v2 switch.
I haven’t seen much talk of it, but I’ve noticed some very slight differences between V1 & V2, and not that it matters here, but the vent is shaped slightly differently and I’m pretty sure the housing is made of a different material.

are the two identical? if they are, someone could easily just swap the sticker bar code and return vanilla switch as v2 switch.
The new v2 has a (01) after the model number printed on the back (not the sticker). So there is a way to identify even if the sticker is removed or replace (which would also be difficult).

Got an email that some bum redeemed my points for an xbl code. Checked the locker, and it hasn't been used yet. Calling CS and been on hold for 30+ minutes.

wow this is stupid, Gamestop charges taxes on giftcards? Just tried to buy some itunes gc and being charge sale taxes on them. Heard this is the case on all gaming currency as well. Saying it was a corporate policy. No wonder Gamestop is going out of business. No other retail store charges tax and yet Gamestop does. 

The testing machine does have a setting for 360 controller testing, but not PS3 or anything from Nintendo.

Regarding controller testing, if the store is dead and the tester is working, they’ll usually test them, but depends on employee overall. If they are busy it’s usually just a visual scan. But it usually just up to the employee and if they want to test them or not.

Just found out my store is starting to price match new games from Best Buy, Walmart, and Amazon. Might be worth asking next time you’re in GameStop.

I traded in the PS4 and 11 of the 14 games that I bought for $110 off facebook. They tested the controller and it failed. I was about to buy a used one because they needed a working one, but they pulled one from the back room that was traded in with a broken PS4 and switched mine with it. They didn't charge me anything extra and I ended up getting exactly $300 for everything. 

The guys at that store are so nice, makes it worth driving 23 miles (nearest store). They told me Borderlands 3 is having a 9pm launch the night before also.

is an xbox one worth it, if I own a PS4 pro?

Can get one for $300, with extra controller, but even then, not sure any exclusives are worth it.

never mind, forget xbox one is the worst performing, so games would run worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back