2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just be wary that the cert reduces the original price thus weakening any further reductions unless it is another cert.

No. The cert is taken off first and then the % coupon.
This might be different with the bday coupon. Last year I used mine and it took the 20% off the base price, then everything else. Wouldn't surprise me if it changed though since it's only once a year.

This might be different with the bday coupon. Last year I used mine and it took the 20% off the base price, then everything else. Wouldn't surprise me if it changed though since it's only once a year.
This was actually the case with mines as well. I managed to find a pristine condition Xmen Origins Wolverine for the PS3. I ended up paying a little under $2 after using a $10 off pre-owned cert along with the birthday coupon of course and my pro 10% discount.

Bought two happy home designers to flip. First store employee was talking about how someone just traded 3 copies of Beast Quest for XB1 (who did that lol). Went to the five below next door and sure enough they had a whole stack of them.

Second store employee was training others and said five below has these games very cheap and people have been trading them in all week, we have a whole drawer of them lol. He was cool though and knew that rewards points worked with Amazon cards.
Wait, so gamestop reward certificate works for amazon gift cards?

Interesting. I haven't used that combo ever, I just figured that's how they do it.

Wait, so gamestop reward certificate works for amazon gift cards?
yes, at least for now. Did a $25 (fixed) Amazon GC using a $25 PUR cert this afternoon. Might try the variable Amazon card next time. I'll keep going to drain my points. PUR points for me have been pretty useless since they got rid of a lot of the physical items and there hasn't been any good physical for years now.

That sucks. I would call and check... but it was probably wiped at the time of the transaction. Definitely burn him on a survey. I would also call Nintendo customer service and complain about the loss. I would be pretty devastated if I lost all my Splatoon 2 data, and I'm an adult.
Unless things changed splatoon 2 doesnt support cloud saved

Yes I got a $50 card with a $50 cert today. Probably YMMV because I feel like most employees around me would shoot it down. But I went to a mall one that lets most things fly. I’m guessing this method works with other gift cards too? Or maybe not. I guess my brother will try sometime soon.

So what's the deal with multiple copies and getting banned? I think I'm on like the 6th copy of wii sports I've traded in... It's been across a week or so and different stores at that. Tbh I don't care if I get banned so long as I can still use my credit.

So far I've paid off luigis mansion, Zelda, metal wolf chaos, and borderlands and still have 200 bucks credit lol. Spent all Friday morning finding $1 yardsale games to flip.

So what's the deal with multiple copies and getting banned? I think I'm on like the 6th copy of wii sports I've traded in... It's been across a week or so and different stores at that. Tbh I don't care if I get banned so long as I can still use my credit.

So far I've paid off luigis mansion, Zelda, metal wolf chaos, and borderlands and still have 200 bucks credit lol. Spent all Friday morning finding $1 yardsale games to flip.
When did you trade in the 5th copy? A ban for the 4 copy limit usually goes into effect the day after you trade in the 5th copy.

The reason you got that response is because people have been talking about GameStop's decision to stop allowing purchases of gift cards with credit over that last 20-30 pages.

Edit: You can still buy most PSN, Xbox, etc stuff though.

Anyone else use their Thinkgeek coupon online, get their order cancelled, and try reusing the coupon only to get "coupon already redeemed"?
I have a similar question. My first code worked but when I try the others on a different order on the same account they say they can't be used. But if I try them on another account they work. I have not placed an order fearing using a code from a different account. Should I be concerned? Can I use the $10 coupon on an account different from the one the coupon was issued?

So I'm looking to get rid of some old games that are now all on gamepass. I see that they have $5 bonus on games that are worth at least $2. To confirm, they can add this $5 bonus on multiple games in one transaction?

Off topic but any recommendations on a 3rd party warranty website for a Switch? I see SquareTrade and Upsie available are there any others? SquareTrade is more money upfront with no deductible for repairs and Upsie is cheaper at first but has a Deductible and also seems to cover liquid damage.

Thanks

Off topic but any recommendations on a 3rd party warranty website for a Switch? I see SquareTrade and Upsie available are there any others? SquareTrade is more money upfront with no deductible for repairs and Upsie is cheaper at first but has a Deductible and also seems to cover liquid damage.

Thanks
If your that worried about damage buy one at Costco. It will be a bundle but I remember returning my Xbox 360 three times due to RROD and then eventually being given a Xbox One since they ran out of 360 bundles.

Thanks
It's like picking insurance on anything else. Do you want the higher premium or higher deductible?

Thanks for responding. That probably seemed like a stupid question, but I rarely set foot in a GameStop store these days. I might trade in some old PS2 and PS1 games today to get the extra $5 per game, so I'm just trying to figure out what to do with my store credit.
Depending on your settings, a few pages back the thread was reacting to non-gaming gift cards no longer being eligible to be purchased with trade credit.

Finally got a GameStop to take in my retro games but refused one because of the condition of the label which wasn’t that bad but I guess I could understand.

Finally got a GameStop to take in my retro games but refused one because of the condition of the label which wasn’t that bad but I guess I could understand.
From my experience, they are way more picky about retro cartridge games than retro disc games. I’ve been turned down on NES games because they had a little bit of faded marker on the back.

The reason you got that response is because people have been talking about GameStop's decision to stop allowing purchases of gift cards with credit over that last 20-30 pages.

Edit: You can still buy most PSN, Xbox, etc stuff though.
I didn't think his response of a simple "no" was a bad response. It was a "yes" or "no" question. And I really did appreciate that he responded promptly with a good answer.

Depending on your settings, a few pages back the thread was reacting to non-gaming gift cards no longer being eligible to be purchased with trade credit.
Again, I didn't think it was a bad reaction, and I appreciated his answer. I knew that gaming gift cards were still allowed. What I was trying to figure out was if I could just put the credit on a GameStop gift card instead of a trade card since I might want to use the GameStop gift card to buy a non-gaming gift card in the future. But I see that GameStop has gotten paranoid as of late that people won't buy anything in their stores anymore.

I'm probably still going to dump my extras while the bonus is on since I need to thin out some PS1 and PS2 games. But thank you everyone for replying and providing useful information.

One more question regarding retro games - do they take games that don't appear on the website?  I have a lot of PS2 games, but they don't seem to pop up on the website if they aren't role-playing titles.  

I hope it isn't $3 for $25 tomorrow, I'd rather they do a deal with $19.99 games.

One more question regarding retro games - do they take games that don't appear on the website? I have a lot of PS2 games, but they don't seem to pop up on the website if they aren't role-playing titles.
Check the app. If it is on neither, then call because the likely answer is no.

Is the +$5 promotion still going tomorrow on Sunday? Or is it over on Sunday? I still have one more Animal Crossing to trade in.  

So I found out that I can't use my online account for up to two weeks because my account has been flagged due to rejected orders.  When I tried to make other orders, they kept getting rejected too...making it worse.  Called them up to find out WTF was going on and they said it was either an issue on their end or mine.  I told them their crappy website re-design was probably to blame and their response was "maybe it was your email address having issues..." 

Needless to say, I can still do in-store transactions and web in-store orders.  I thought it might have been a problem with my trade credit but it's not.  If i keep trying to make online orders, the 2 weeks will reset.  Anyone else have this issue in the past? 

So I found out that I can't use my online account for up to two weeks because my account has been flagged due to rejected orders. When I tried to make other orders, they kept getting rejected too...making it worse. Called them up to find out WTF was going on and they said it was either an issue on their end or mine. I told them their crappy website re-design was probably to blame and their response was "maybe it was your email address having issues..."

Needless to say, I can still do in-store transactions and web in-store orders. I thought it might have been a problem with my trade credit but it's not. If i keep trying to make online orders, the 2 weeks will reset. Anyone else have this issue in the past?
I was blocked from making online orders during the B2G1 after my card company froze it (after 2 or 3 orders they thought my card was stolen). I never called in to ask because they usually have no clue what they're talking about, but I was recently able to order some games so I'm guessing it was the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back