2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was yesterday the last day for the pre order trade in bonuses? I thought they were still going on, but they were all pulled from the website.

question - is the new switch worth upgrading to? I know I missed the 225 credit and now it’s at 200 credit. Is it worth pay the 100 for the upgraded one? Or are they gonna have another promo for more towards the new switch? Also can you use certs on consoles? Sorry for all the questions just not sure if I should wait and hope for the best or do it now.
If they do a promo, it will be for the Lite & now the full size.

No; I received my for August on the 3rd (birthday was yesterday), and successfully used it.
Did you receive anything for renewing your membership? I renewed during the $5 bonus trade in and never got anything.

Here's an idea for all the investors pumping millions back into GameStop:

Get them to fucking fix their website:

1. Have their system be able to filter out in-stock/out-of-stock

2. Be able to have variations (ain't no one wasting time on gacha get-one-at-random bullshit

3. Promptly kill the person who thought modeling GameStop's "Load More" button after Twitter / Patreon's web design was a good idea. Hell, at least Twitter has auto page-loading.
Nobody isn't investing millions into GS... it's stock price is only going up because it got its' first buy ratings in ages. But they do have a ton of cash they're sitting on. No clue what they plan to do with it though it seems like they wasted a ton on this shit site upgrade. And probably saved a ton by basically getting rid of CS.

Can you use trade credit without logging into your PowerUp Rewards account, completing the transaction as a guest? I used my friend's account to trade in games to get the 10% bonus, but it isn't likely he'll give me his credentials. Just wondering if this might flag his account, don't want to get him banned.

Definitely wasn’t...maybe just a fuck up from it being the first of the month...

Thanks Evil!

Assuming this is just a website error and 20% pre-order bonuses are still active, anyone remember which games were included?
I remember Borderlands 3 and the new Zelda, but I think there were 4-5 different ones.

Finally got my $10 rewards from Collection of Mana.  Huzzah!

Also did 2X Smash flip and got Mario Kart 8 for about $5.  Now I just need to cancel the preorders and get my credit back to main

Thanks Evil!

Assuming this is just a website error and 20% pre-order bonuses are still active, anyone remember which games were included?
I remember Borderlands 3 and the new Zelda, but I think there were 4-5 different ones.
NBA 2K20 and GoW 5 was part of 20%. Hoping someone that trades in today will let me know if this is still going on as today was the only day I could do this.

If I want to trade in more games do I have to pre order again or can I show my old pre order receipt?
just put down $1 to your existing preorder and it will boost the trade in value. You don't need receipt, the preorder is in account when you enter your phone number.

Yes, even free accounts get them. You shoukd call customer service. My wife and I both got one at the beginning of August. Both of our birthdays are in mid August. I have a pro account and she just has a free account.

I've only been cursory following this thread but I have seen reports of people getting their PUR spent by unknown sources.  Welp, it just happened to me.  I only have a free account and only had enough points so that someone could get $3 of XBox Live credit.  But I haven't touched my 360 in years and don't have a XBox One so it definitely wasn't me.

I've only been cursory following this thread but I have seen reports of people getting their PUR spent by unknown sources. Welp, it just happened to me. I only have a free account and only had enough points so that someone could get $3 of XBox Live credit. But I haven't touched my 360 in years and don't have a XBox One so it definitely wasn't me.
the craziest thing is I cant for the life of me redeem any points on the website. apparently it is easier to hack points than legitimately redeem them.

well my local disc replay came in handy today.  Picked up Smash and Mario kart as using a 20% off promo coupon they have when you check in 10 times.  Used store credit to move over to gs. 

Also found a move controller at my local half price books as well, it was $12.xx after the 20% promo for labor day.  Worth keeping a eye out for those still as they still trade decent to gs.

Are they open tomorrow? Giving employees labor day off sounds unlike GS, but the big sale is online only.

Even worse is that the hackers have sometimes run up accounts into the negative thousands. I know almost every trick there is, and I have no idea how you would even do that.
When I worked there I remember a guy who had a -50,000 point balance. Apparently the app occasionally glitched and just let him keep claiming coupons without taking his points until later. Never got it to work myself though.

Is Gamestop still doing the $5 Trade bonus?  I tried checking the site, and I basically don't see any trade offers, except for a generic trade retro and trading phones. 

I traded in most of my Switch games towards nba 2k20 and got > $300 trade credit!!
This was too good to pass up. I got more than $50 trade credit for mario kart 8 and smash ultimate. Awesome. Thanks you crazy CAGSs!!!!

Anyone have an issue with their orders going missing? Mine was from last weekend during the $5 figures. A day or twoafter that all my order history went blank. It cant even locate the order with my email and order number.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Anyone have an issue with their orders going missing? Mine was from last weekend during the $5 figures. A day or twoafter that all my order history went blank. It cant even locate the order with my email and order number.

Sounds like everyone's order history is blank

Sounds like everyone's order history is blank
I ordeed 3 different figures x2 and super smash bros. They sent me super smash bros and nothing else. Before the order was deleted it showed they were processing everything except one figure which said checking inventory. What sucks is I could have went in store for a few of these items now I'm sol

With tomorrow’s online only sale...think store pickup will work? that’d be pretty great....
Hopefully, won't be picking up anything if not. I get that they just rolled out their new website, and it would make sense if they were actually observing the holiday to be online exclusive...

I ordeed 3 different figures x2 and super smash bros. They sent me super smash bros and nothing else. Before the order was deleted it showed they were processing everything except one figure which said checking inventory. What sucks is I could have went in store for a few of these items now I'm sol

Yup same here. Can't see orders or preorders and still haven't been billed for the figures I did get. Pretty funky.

Do Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon ever go on sale? My kids want them and trying to figure out if it's best to buy with the BOGO 1/2 off, with PUR Pro + cag16, or wait.

Normally by this time of the year, I'd wait for Black Friday, but one has a birthday the month before, so it'd probably be a present.

Do Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon ever go on sale? My kids want them and trying to figure out if it's best to buy with the BOGO 1/2 off, with PUR Pro + cag16, or wait.

Normally by this time of the year, I'd wait for Black Friday, but one has a birthday the month before, so it'd probably be a present.
. Honestly this s will be probably be the cheapest option right now other than eBay or another site. Since they are the last main Pokémon bales on the 3DS, they may not go on sale this Black Friday (at least at GameStop). Usually the older 3DS Pokémon games will go on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back