2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Anthem Legion of Dawn Edition XB1 for free after $10 coupon. I don't know if that version was listed.

The coupon was sent out if you made any orders during the ThinkGeek promo.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night for $20 doesn't seem too bad.  Does anyone know if the Switch port is fixed yet?  

I want to use my TC on some of this stuff online so bad, but I really don't want to deal with my credit going missing or not being able to check order. Ugh.

I can't speak for everyone but I've used TC and store pickup a couple times in the past week and have had no issues at all but now seeing that others are, probably just doing pay in store option from now on lol

edit forgot the pay in store option is a hold so I guess I've been a lucky one

Ok, so I got two used games at Gamestop, used CAG16 which stacks with BOGO half off. I chose to Pay at Store. When the order processed, it was really just a hold of the two games and it listed the original prices. And in the email confirmation, it doesn't list any prices. Hopefully I'll get my discounts when I pay for the items at the store tomorrow. Will the discounts stick?

After the purchase, you see the checkout screen that shows you held the items and the price YOU held them for. Screenshot that to take in. 

I've done pay in store before with no issues.. but it wasn't a "online only" sale

I want to use my TC on some of this stuff online so bad, but I really don't want to deal with my credit going missing or not being able to check order. Ugh.
Would you mind elaborating? I’m guessing the app has the same issue as you didn’t mention it as a workaround. Is there a problem with gift cards too? I’m aware GS has a new website, but unaware of new billing issues as I haven’t placed an order since the change. I do know GS isn’t reliable and contacting their CS is a real pain. I once had an issue where my TC and my credit card paid each the full balance when it was suppose to be a partial payment from each.

Thanks for any info.

Sucks that it only seems to apply to 3 games.
Yeah. I've been breaking my orders up into 2, or even 1 game, at a time lately because of this and the 'transaction denied' error I was getting when using gift cards or trade credit. Like someone previously suggested about there being an issue when ordering over a certain dollar amount (maybe $75), I've had luck since keeping my total under that threshold.

Ok, so I got two used games at Gamestop, used CAG16 which stacks with BOGO half off. I chose to Pay at Store. When the order processed, it was really just a hold of the two games and it listed the original prices. And in the email confirmation, it doesn't list any prices. Hopefully I'll get my discounts when I pay for the items at the store tomorrow. Will the discounts stick?
I want to do the same but I don't think they will honor it since it such a huge discount

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

After the purchase, you see the checkout screen that shows you held the items and the price YOU held them for. Screenshot that to take in.

I've done pay in store before with no issues.. but it wasn't a "online only" sale
So the store knew the correct amount to charge for your order OR did you use the screenshot to have them manually enter the pricing? Had you used CAG16 or pay with TC or GC by chance? I haven’t utilized store pickup other than just having an item held (no true checkout process). Thanks in advance.

I can't speak for everyone but I've used TC and store pickup a couple times in the past week and have had no issues at all but now seeing that others are, probably just doing pay in store option from now on lol

edit forgot the pay in store option is a hold so I guess I've been a lucky one
Same. The only issue I've run into is 'transaction denied' errors on some orders. After I reduced the subtotal of my cart as suggested by someone (sorry, can't remember who it was), all of my orders have gone through without an issue. I think I've placed 5 now, including 3 tonight.

Edit - It was Renzler, here https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367591-the-gamestop-thread/page-351#entry14204705

So the store knew the correct amount to charge for your order OR did you use the screenshot to have them manually enter the pricing? Had you used CAG16 or pay with TC or GC by chance? I haven’t utilized store pickup other than just having an item held (no true checkout process). Thanks in advance.
Have not picked up yet, that will be tomorrow.

Using the TC we have since the new website disaster has had less than desirable outcomes for many.. not worth the hassle.

More to the after checkout screen but this does show the price and that I held them at the store I chose.

They want to argue, i'll argue.. beat GS before so not worried. And besides, I could also have the GS kid order them online for me for store pickup..... and get the discounted price. (Someone else mentioned they can do this anyway) So again, not worried.

And besides, if Amazon matches the prices.. They did with Targets in store pickup 25% discount, i'll get them for this price anyway.

[attachment=32706:Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 22.08.33 PM.png]

gamestop really doesnt want my money... discovered suikoden 2 was coming up as $35 with labor day promo,elite, and cag16. So I added suikoden 2 and .hack// 4 to my cart... and spent the next half hour trying to get a payment to go through. It wouldnt accept my trade credit, it said the address for my debt card was wrong, and when i tried to use paypal, it has a pending charge on there but the order page just went back to the cart page with no indication the order went through... tried website and app. now suikoden 2 is sold out... what a shit show

Getting these Switch games for $31 kinda makes me wish I hadn't reached my trade limit on Smash and MK8 these last few days - granted their elevated trade values hold through the day.

Have not picked up yet, that will be tomorrow.
Using the TC we have since the new website disaster has had less than desirable outcomes for many.. not worth the hassle.

More to the after checkout screen but this does show the price and that I held them at the store I chose.
They want to argue, i'll argue.. beat GS before so not worried. And besides, I could also have the GS kid order them online for me for store pickup..... and get the discounted price. (Someone else mentioned they can do this anyway) So again, not worried.
And besides, if Amazon matches the prices.. They did with Targets in store pickup 25% discount, i'll get them for this price anyway.
attachicon.gif
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 22.08.33 PM.png
Thanks for the reply, but you said, “I've done pay in store before with no issues.“ I thought you were implying your screenshot technique worked when an issue arose before so that’s what I was asking questions about as I’m new to that process.

when I try and use the trade credit online i always get that "address does not match whats on file" BS. Credit/debit works fine.. just can't use TC online. I can sometimes in the app..

Anyone with Elite able to make an order? I haven't been able to make an order in almost 2 weeks. I thought it was using cag16, or using the coupons they sent for the canceled orders a couple weeks ago and I've even wondered if I was banned from making online orders. Now I'm just starting to wonder if it's because of elite.

I'm Elite and made two orders of two games each getting the 1/2 off discount with cag16. Worked fine. I used my trade credit. Decided to do that instead of relying on my other order where I just 'held' the games. 

Hopefully when I pick them up they can adjust for the sales tax, since I used trade credit after all.

took the opportunity to finally get Bloodstained, in case any of you were on the fence about that game

maybe another copy for the missus as well.

I prepaid for a game to pickup in a store and the order was canceled because they couldn't find it.  I was told I would be emailed a new gift card.  Should I wait for that or just call customer service?  

I'm Elite and made two orders of two games each getting the 1/2 off discount with cag16. Worked fine. I used my trade credit. Decided to do that instead of relying on my other order where I just 'held' the games.

Hopefully when I pick them up they can adjust for the sales tax, since I used trade credit after all.
Have you done that before - asked for a refund of the sales tax? When I tried that Friday, they told me I could call their CS number to have them adjust it. I have not done that yet. I was hoping there's a way to do it in store at time of pick up, but I didn't know if there's something specific I should say to them.

Have you done that before - asked for a refund of the sales tax? When I tried that Friday, they told me I could call their CS number to have them adjust it. I have not done that yet. I was hoping there's a way to do it in store at time of pick up, but I didn't know if there's something specific I should say to them.
I've never had to do it before. First time I've ordered online for a store pickup. I was surprised they charged sales tax when I used my trade credit online, since they don't charge tax when you buy something in store with credit. I'm just going to ask for an adjustment and hope for the best, maybe you can do it as well. I've read of other people on this forum doing so.

Did you put the TC info in the giftcard section when you're paying?
yep. I haven't tried it in a while though. Maybe it's been fixed but I just said screw it and drove down there 5 min before they closed and dumped most of my TC balance a few weeks ago when I tried to buy a $100 eShop credit. I even dropped it down to a $25 card and still gave me errors.. Wasn't going to take a chance with it anymore.

Yeah. I've been breaking my orders up into 2, or even 1 game, at a time lately because of this and the 'transaction denied' error I was getting when using gift cards or trade credit. Like someone previously suggested about there being an issue when ordering over a certain dollar amount (maybe $75), I've had luck since keeping my total under that threshold.
Somehow I have never solved this puzzle. But, you sir, have saved me a headache. My orders are now going through by keeping it under $75.

Thank you!

Quick question, need fast answer.

If I pay online and order pickup at store for a used game, and if I don't like what I see (e.g. no case, damaged, etc.), can I refuse on the spot and get a return?

Somehow I have never solved this puzzle. But, you sir, have saved me a headache. My orders are now going through by keeping it under $75.

Thank you!
Are you paying online and shipping to store?

Or are you getting this shipped?

Why is everyone doing pay in store?

I'm getting paranoid paying online

Replaced my MK8, Super Smash, and Odyssey that I traded in during the bumped value also picked up Yoshi crafted World and the 3 $1 AC amiibo's for $120.66. Had to do in 2 orders to take advantage of cag16.

Could be caution for when they pull the old "Sorry, but we don't actually have that game" and then it gets cancelled and you end up fighting just to get your TC back on your card. At least with shipping you know it's coming (supposedly).
Ah crap. That's exactly what I did, paid with TC for store pick up. Hopefully i'll be okay. Thanks

Quick question, need fast answer.

If I pay online and order pickup at store for a used game, and if I don't like what I see (e.g. no case, damaged, etc.), can I refuse on the spot and get a return?

What are the most number of consectuitve orders people have had go through? I dont want to get my account flagged or anything. With elite and thr discount code, this is about as good as it gets.

I am also using trade credit, so I dont want my orders getting cancelled, or there being any issues.

Damn the switch version of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is sold out.  Looks I'm  heading to Bestbuy in the morning to get it price match for $20.

not sure what's going on, but had stuff in my cart..sale was working...now all of a sudden it doesn't appear to be....unless they just turned it off for switch games...

edit: nevermind...accidentally added new and not pre-owned

FYI: MK11 for PS4 is trading at $30 base

What are the most number of consectuitve orders people have had go through? I dont want to get my account flagged or anything. With elite and thr discount code, this is about as good as it gets.

I am also using trade credit, so I dont want my orders getting cancelled, or there being any issues.
I placed 4 - 2 game NSW orders last night, paid with TC and store pickup. All confirmed, just waiting on GS to open and get ready confirmation.

I placed 4 - 2 game NSW orders last night, paid with TC and store pickup. All confirmed, just waiting on GS to open and get ready confirmation.
I did the same. Got order confirmation emails, but can't check the status online and don't see the orders in my online account.

Crossing fingers.

I did the same. Got order confirmation emails, but can't check the status online and don't see the orders in my online account.

Crossing fingers.
I’m in the same boat for my order too, but used a gift card as payment instead of TC.

Have people let CheapyD know about GameStop’s website issues so that he could pass along the info to his contacts within the company, and help get stuff fixed? It’s worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back