2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will cag16 still apply if I do an online order and I pay it off in store?
Likely not, you must pay online for in-store pickup to apply any online discounts. You can certainly try to pay in-store, but you are essentially placing a hold on the item, so be ready to pay the in-store price.

Gamestop is ridiculous.  I've never shopped at a store in which credit didn't go immediately back to a gift card if the transaction was cancelled.  

I placed 3 orders last night. One is being shipped to me and the other two are store pickups. All were purchased successfully with TC. Just waiting for stores to open..

Gamestop is ridiculous. I've never shopped at a store in which credit didn't go immediately back to a gift card if the transaction was cancelled.
Barnes and Noble takes up to 24 hours and for Lowes.com orders, if using digital gift card, they will mail you a physical card back with the refunded amount.

But yes, I agree, it should not require contacting support to get a refund.

Is GS still giving bonus $25 towards consoles? Don't see it listed under trade offers.
if you scroll down the front page, it is listed along side the 20% bonus and 20% off when you buy a console, nothing is showing up in the trade offers page currently.

Decent deal on the n64 expansion pak if you need something to bump you up above $50 and don't have one lying around; about ~$15 or so after price cut/accessory discount/elite.

(...or you could always just buy some fluff and return it in store.)

Also: when did CAG16 change to only affect 3 things in your cart at a time? Really pissing me off; makes optimizing an absolute pain in the dick.

Tried placing an order, appears it didn’t go through and my TC was snatched. Awesome

EDIT: Must have been slow going through. I never got any kind of confirmation in the app, then it emptied my cart. Finally got an email confirmation. $66 for smash and MK8

Tried placing an order, appears it didn’t go through and my TC was snatched. Awesome

EDIT: Must have been slow going through. MK8
Same thing happened to me and I nearly freaked out as I paid with $300 trade credit. I was relieved when I finally got the email Confirmation that the order went through.

I did two orders for pay in store pickup. 2 x Smash and 2x Mario Kart. I got confirmation they are ready so I'm heading there now. If the price is different than what was on the website, I will re-do the order and pay online with trade credit, since I know they will have them in stock and there won't be any issues.

I did two orders for pay in store pickup. 2 x Smash and 2x Mario Kart. I got confirmation they are ready so I'm heading there now. If the price is different than what was on the website, I will re-do the order and pay online with trade credit, since I know they will have them in stock and there won't be any issues.
Let us know the results.

Have several orders that I need to do.

So is it safe to use my trade credit on the site finally?
Wanna grab a few things but not run into any issues where CS would have to get involved(2 hour wait sheesh 🤦🏼‍♂️)

So is it safe to use my trade credit on the site finally?
Wanna grab a few things but not run into any issues where CS would have to get involved(2 hour wait sheesh 🤦🏼‍♂️)
The other day when I had to call to get my TC back, I left a number for a call back. 3 hours later they finally called back, and then the automated system put me at the "top of queue," but it still took 2 hours to get connected and resolve my issue. Ridiculous.

The other day when I had to call to get my TC back, I left a number for a call back. 3 hours later they finally called back, and then the automated system put me at the "top of queue," but it still took 2 hours to get connected and resolve my issue. Ridiculous.
That’s f’n ridiculous man. This is the reason I want to try the pay in store option but I don’t know if the prices would be the same as they would online when I go in store....

That’s f’n ridiculous man. This is the reason I want to try the pay in store option but I don’t know if the prices would be the same as they would online when I go in store....
They won’t, especially if you use cag16. They will ring up in store prices because of their point of sale.........

Just placed a B1G1.50% off on their website for in store pick up and used trade credit.  It's been 5 minutes and I don't have the e-mail and on their site when I go to My Orders I don't see it listed and when I use my e-mail/order ID# it says it can't be found. 

Is this normal???

Instore pickup pay at store didn’t work

They didn’t even know about the Labor Day sale

I’ll just wait til Black Friday

Instore pickup pay at store didn’t work

They didn’t even know about the Labor Day sale

I’ll just wait til Black Friday
How is that possible so there social media accounts, emails, and websites are covered with this labor day sale

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

so i just called my store to find out if my order was ready since I have not heard anything...they say they did not receive any orders...guess i'll call the "main" number" and see if i can resolve this....

edit: called back and he checked again, still seeing nothing...i asked him if he would at least hold the games for now and he is doing that at least (for today only)...hopefully i can get this resolved...but going into the "order help" section on the phone didn't give me a call back option so i'm just waiting on hold...

Ordered Ultimate Alliance 3 and Smash Ultimate off the site using some trade credit. No email confirmation and it doesn’t show up in “my orders” on the site. Has anyone ordered something and had to wait a bit for the confirmation email?

Kinda worried now lol. Hopefully this goes through smoothly 🙏🏻

New website is terrible.  I'm not even bothering with this sale.  Hopefully Amazon price matches Blood and Truth (the main thing I was looking to pick up).

Ordered Ultimate Alliance 3 and Smash Ultimate off the site using some trade credit. No email confirmation and it doesn’t show up in “my orders” on the site. Has anyone ordered something and had to wait a bit for the confirmation email?
Kinda worried now lol. Hopefully this goes through smoothly
Mine took 10 minutes to show up. Still hasn’t made it to the store after 90 minutes.

Wanted to pick it up today, but looks like they have a bad delay all across the board.

I still can’t access the order online, but did get a confirmation

Mine took 10 minutes to show up. Still hasn’t made it to the store after 90 minutes.

Wanted to pick it up today, but looks like they have a bad delay all across the board.

I still can’t access the order online, but did get a confirmation
Check Junk, my confirmation email was in the Junk folder

Yes, they rang up at in store price. So I did the order again, with pay on the site. Used trade credit. Now just sitting in the store waiting for the order to come in. It's been over ten minutes.

Waited 15 minutes and gave up. They will call me if they get it .

Yes, they rang up at in store price. So I did the order again, with pay on the site. Used trade credit. Now just sitting in the store waiting for the order to come in. It's been over ten minutes.
i placed mine HOURS ago and the store doesn't have them yet...sitting there waiting probably isn't the best idea...

both of my orders are finally ready so I'm about to head out

I have two orders, one 1 hour ago and one 1.5 hours ago. Still no pickup confirmation.

Kinda worried now lol. Hopefully this goes through smoothly [emoji1317]
Ordered five games paid through PayPal and no email from gamestop confirming order and all of my past orders cant be found by my order confirmation

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Same. Think I should have not done this and held off, Hopefully I can get my gift card balance back if it fails.
Same. I have an order confirmation so even if I have to stay on hold with CS it’s not too big of a deal, just an annoyance. I only did one order for this very reason. If nothing else, if the values tank I’ll just return the games.

Same. I have an order confirmation so even if I have to stay on hold with CS it’s not too big of a deal, just an annoyance. I only did one order for this very reason. If nothing else, if the values tank I’ll just return the games.
Yeah I already put a call back request with customer service. At this point I'm just gonna request a refund and cancel the order, I already called the store and confirmed my order hasn't came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back