2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I already put a call back request with customer service. At this point I'm just gonna request a refund and cancel the order, I already called the store and confirmed my order hasn't came up.
Ah yeah that sucks. I get it though. Luckily I have 2 stores both 5 mins from my house, I’ll wait until the end of the day at least. I’ll keep the thread updated lol

Same. I have an order confirmation so even if I have to stay on hold with CS it’s not too big of a deal, just an annoyance. I only did one order for this very reason. If nothing else, if the values tank I’ll just return the games.
My feelings exactly. Got Ultimate alliance 3 and smash with the intentions of flipping smash but if all goes to **** I’ll just do this.

Placed 6 orders last night, 2 for shipping, 3 for store pickup and just called the stores and they said my orders were ready even though they weren't showing in my order history. Picked them all up already and 1 of my shipping orders has shipped. Glad I placed the orders last night, seems everyone's having issues this morning. Don't know if I should get greedy and place more orders if everyone says that their orders aren't even showing up in store.

Placed 6 orders last night, 2 for shipping, 3 for store pickup and just called the stores and they said my orders were ready even though they weren't showing in my order history. Picked them all up already and 1 of my shipping orders has shipped. Glad I placed the orders last night, seems everyone's having issues this morning. Don't know if I should get greedy and place more orders if everyone says that their orders aren't even showing up in store.
Did you receive your email saying they were ready?

I know people are having issues with TC, but regular gift cards work fine, even if its canceled? Should just go right back to the card, right?

Did you receive your email saying they were ready?
I didn't I just called the store acting dumb that my orders weren't showing up in the order history, and they said they were all ready this morning. But I think it's because I placed them before opening.

Didn't get the ready to pickup emails until after I picked them up funny enough.

So after talking to a supervisor they stated that they are having issues with the ready for pickup confirmation and that the IT department is working on it.

The store called me and said my order was ready. I still havent received the confirmation email. So it took about an hour from the time I ordered it, until he called. And the order never showed up in my order history either.

So if you are waiting for a confirmation email, give the store a call ,they may have your order ready already.

Amazed at people still chancing their tc with online orders. GS site problems have been known for 3+ years now.
I guess I’ve been amazingly lucky, but I’ve not had a single problem with an online order in my history of shopping there, until today that is. Granted, I do usually use the app I don’t know if that’s different.

I didn't I just called the store acting dumb that my orders weren't showing up in the order history, and they said they were all ready this morning. But I think it's because I placed them before opening.

Didn't get the ready to pickup emails until after I picked them up funny enough.
Just call your store.

Mine has it ready. My smash didn't have a case (I traded it in without a case for $52, kept the case), but my other game did have the case so i'm happy

The store called me and said my order was ready. I still havent received the confirmation email. So it took about an hour from the time I ordered it, until he called. And the order never showed up in my order history either.

So if you are waiting for a confirmation email, give the store a call ,they may have your order ready already.
Thanks for this, the store is on my way to half price books so I’m going to swing by.

If everyone can hold off buying ANYTHING from Gamestop, I'm sure the sales will be huge when they eventually go out of business.
Don't you understand? We are providing them liquidity and quantitative easing to prolong the inevitable, in order to take advantage of it as long as possible before it collapses.

Update: my store never received my order despite me having an order confirmation. The games are still in stock luckily. The store lead is calling someone now.

Update: my store never received my order despite me having an order confirmation. The games are still in stock luckily. The store lead is calling someone now.
that's nice at least, my guy said there was nothing he could do but he is at least holding the games in the chance the orders eventually show up...

that's nice at least, my guy said there was nothing he could do but he is at least holding the games in the chance the orders eventually show up...
So I’m kinda in the same boat. He spoke with someone who was able to see my order with the given order number, but they are having issues specifically with in store pickups. She said they aren’t sure what exactly is going on over there. I gave them my number and they’re gonna call me if it does happen to pop up. It did make me feel better that someone could at least see my order.

I can't even order shit online, I keep getting "Request Header Too Large" every few minutes. I'm honestly in awe at how bad this new site is, I haven't seen a major website this broke for so long since the 90's.

Placed an order hours ago for I store pickup, got an email confirmation, order can’t be found when I click it... and I just called and the store hasn’t received it... Hell yeah

What's stopping people from complaining about the broken GS website, on GS's Twitter, facebook, or wherever? I know people here are apprehensive about posting on GS subreddit, due to the uppity GS employees there, but how are we supposed to be heard about orders not showing up, orders being cancelled, etc.

Picked up both orders that I paid for online with TC. No issues at all for me and my online order shipped
Is you TC tied to your PUR card or is it on a separate card? Also does your TC show up in the app? I'm afraid to use my TC online because the app always shows my balance as $0.00

Is you TC tied to your PUR card or is it on a separate card? Also does your TC show up in the app? I'm afraid to use my TC online because the app always shows my balance as $0.00
my TC is tied to my PUR card. I use it through the app and yes my TC shows up in the app. Sometimes it bugs out and I have to re enter my pin to see the balance but I've never had an issue with it

Also just tried to do another online order to ship to me and cag16 is done. Glad I got orders in last night.

i still have no update on any of the 3 orders i placed for store pick up this morning...and i really don't feel like holding for hours...it's crazy how bad they've botched this whole thing

I’m in the same boat for my order too, but used a gift card as payment instead of TC.

Have people let CheapyD know about GameStop’s website issues so that he could pass along the info to his contacts within the company, and help get stuff fixed? It’s worth a shot.
Update: My order was placed before 9am and got the email confirmation, but still hadn’t gotten a pickup confirmation. Called the store and employee said he never got the order. Luckily store does have the games though so they’ll be held for me to pickup once I show my email confirmation.

I mentioned that I read online other customers were having problems with pickup orders too. He indicated it was a known issue due to the new site... smh. Way to go GameStop! I hope a mod reads this and can tell CheapyD.

Update: My order was placed before 9am and got the email confirmation, but still hadn’t gotten a pickup confirmation. Called the store and employee said he never got the order. Luckily store does have the games though so they’ll be held for me to pickup once I show my email confirmation.

I mentioned that I read online other customers were having problems with pickup orders too. He indicated it was a known issue due to the new site... smh. Way to go GameStop! I hope a mod reads this and can tell CheapyD.
that's nice he'll let you pick them up.... i asked about that but was told i couldn't until they got the orders...

in the app, remove the card, then put the pin back in, balance will show.

just dont hit refresh... have to do it all again, cause... new GS feature to help you save your TC.

Picked up second order, store had no record of first order. Didn’t see the game on the shelf so maybe that’s why. Kinda wanted to flip the first order today too, but I guess there will be another time to trade them. I got the ready for pickup email 4 hours after order email but store got the order earlier than that.

on the phone with the "main" gamestop line now....he can only see my first order and not the other 2...i'm now on hold while he investigates....

Weird thing happened to me. Placed an order this morning and the confirmation went to a different email than what I have on file. Not even sure how that's possible...

first order just got confirmed from the store....2nd and 3rd the guy on the phone can't see and is assuming they were auto-canceled by the system as flagged for fraudulent activity...asked about getting my money back and he said it could take 1 - 3 days...he can't see anything so is just assuming they were canceled...he doesn't actually know though....there's nothing showing that they were canceled but since he can't see anything he's just assuming...this is a real shit show...

Weird thing happened to me. Placed an order this morning and the confirmation went to a different email than what I have on file. Not even sure how that's possible...
You could be like me where when the guy at Gamestop put in my email, he put in "dav" instead of "dave" and then when I tried to register for the first time realized the error and had to change my email and then hope stuff gots sent the right place.

Local gs store honored the prices on floor items for me. Manager is such a cool guy, he'll be getting a five star review. Should have picked up the amiibo as well.

You could be like me where when the guy at Gamestop put in my email, he put in "dav" instead of "dave" and then when I tried to register for the first time realized the error and had to change my email and then hope stuff gots sent the right place.
It actually got sent to another of my email addresses that I didn't think was on file. All my other GameStop emails go to the right one.

So here’s the question. Do I trade in my own copies of MK8 and Smash....hoping my order goes through. Or just wait it out...

EDIT: Shortly after this post my order showed up in store. So my order took around 7 hours. Terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back