2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's nice he'll let you pick them up.... i asked about that but was told i couldn't until they got the orders...
We’ll see what happens. I have this feeling that the employee I talked to will be gone for the day or that they will have sold the games that he said they’re holding.

Store I ordered from didn’t have both games yet was listed on site they did. Was on the phone for 2 hours with CS. Finally got through and told them my issue and how I would like to cancel my order. Was told by “Wendy” that she “would call me back tomorrow to resolve this issue.” Like wtf?!?!?! Anyone else ever dealt with something like this before? Should I call back and ask for a higher up because the chances of her calling me back tomorrow are slim to s*** right?

I will never order online from GS again.
F’n ridiculous.

Anyone else find it odd that GS has so many high priced/older PS2 games in stock? Wild Arms 5, .Hack 4, Xenosaga III, Suikoden V... what are the odds they actually have these and this isn't some glitch? 

Store I ordered from didn’t have both games yet was listed on site they did. Was on the phone for 2 hours with CS. Finally got through and told them my issue and how I would like to cancel my order. Was told by “Wendy” that she “would call me back tomorrow to resolve this issue.” Like wtf?!?!?! Anyone else ever dealt with something like this before? Should I call back and ask for a higher up because the chances of her calling me back tomorrow are slim to s*** right?
I will never order online from GS again.
F’n ridiculous.
Never accept a call back with them. Once you get through, makw sure your problem is solved before hanging up

They credited my account back the amount spent, told me my account was locked for 72 hours and I need to go into store to do a web in store pick up. No explanation why, but said the funds were showing to be gone because of a hold and sometimes they need to be “manually” credited back.

If anybody is using trade credit, be sure you specify *which* card is the trade card, otherwise it may require another follow-up.

Definitely not amused that I got an order confirmation, but no record of that order anywhere else.

This entire day is all over the place for everyone. People like myself had no issues at all and got their stuff. Others can’t even submit an order. Some people can’t even get a confirmation or that it’s ready to pickup and then we have people on the phone. How on earth can a company operate like this lol

Just received a cancellation confirmation email while on hold with CS.

Took 6 hrs after I placed the order. If GS doesn’t realize their site is total bs after today and all the calls they probably received about it then they never will.

Anyone else find it odd that GS has so many high priced/older PS2 games in stock? Wild Arms 5, .Hack 4, Xenosaga III, Suikoden V... what are the odds they actually have these and this isn't some glitch?
Considering they are overpriced by about $30-$40, no I don't find it odd they are in stock. Don't forget that you're probably getting a loose copy of whatever game it is.

Considering they are overpriced by about $30-$40, no I don't find it odd they are in stock. Don't forget that you're probably getting a loose copy of whatever game it is.
also, they give full value for scratched to hell games, since the refurb amount is $0. so you are getting disc only games that have been resurfaced to hell and back.

I need to find the list of eligible games (outside of new Zelda), but can anyone confirm if the +20% trade credit boost is still valid for pre-orders today? GS removed the banners and I don’t recall eligibility dates. Thanks in advance.

Edit: 5 eligible games are on last page of this week’s flyer.

Well yeah, at face value it's way overpriced but I was looking at it with PUR+ 1-% and the BOGO1/2 stacked on it (assuming you find something somewhat close in price).

Got $10 rewards cash from picking up collection of mana on Friday, I DID NOT preorder, so if you did pick it up before the advertised date whether you preordered or not you should get the coupon

My first order got half fulfilled half cancelled since I’m guessing the store didn’t have the copy of smash bros. The email said I would get a gift card emailed but I doubt it. Should be interesting trying to get a refund for this one.

Update: My order was placed before 9am and got the email confirmation, but still hadn’t gotten a pickup confirmation. Called the store and employee said he never got the order. Luckily store does have the games though so they’ll be held for me to pickup once I show my email confirmation.

I mentioned that I read online other customers were having problems with pickup orders too. He indicated it was a known issue due to the new site... smh. Way to go GameStop! I hope a mod reads this and can tell CheapyD.
Update 2: Unexpectedly got a “Your item is ready!” email just after 8pm so it took 11+hrs since order confirmation. Maybe others here will be getting emails as well.

I haven't posted in awhile but was at another GameStop in a different county from where I normally shop and they did not give 10% off for being a pro member and said it's some new system that's in beta at those stores was really annoyed went out of my way to try there only to get robbed of no discount

After about 9 hours I got an email stating "your items are ready for pickup!" Weird thing is they refunded the order back to my gift card after I picked up my items? Idk if that's a glitch or a mess up.

Got shipping confirmation on my 2 orders
earlier.

I paid online for an order on Friday went to pick it up before I got the email(about 2hrs later) and they had it sitting aside. Seemed like an other store, so surprised to see everybody having problems.

After about 9 hours I got an email stating "your items are ready for pickup!" Weird thing is they refunded the order back to my gift card after I picked up my items? Idk if that's a glitch or a mess up.
Update 2: Unexpectedly got a “Your item is ready!” email just after 8pm so it took 11+hrs since order confirmation. Maybe others here will be getting emails as well.
So, after being told my order was cancelled and being refunded. I got a confirmation to pick up my items in store. They now appear to have never charged the gift card (unless picking up triggers the payment?) because of the removal of the transaction.

My transaction on the phone with them the first time was atrocious, of course, I wasn’t a peach. The person seemed super excited to help, but then gave me bad information three times, ultimately was rude with really bad excuses.

I don’t know what they’re doing, but I’m really annoyed, but I honestly think I’m even more annoyed now than before.

I was more than happy to pay the $60 for MUA3 and Smash combined because that was a killer deal. And if they never charge me, not only does it make me look shady... it also cost my local store the income, and that really irritates me. Especially since I actually like my two local stores.

Just checked my balance and it appears I got a refund of around $38 bucks to my trade card for the game they cancelled. I guess I will pick up my copy of Mario Kart for around $20. Definitely wont be ordering for pickup again until they fix things. 

So, after being told my order was cancelled and being refunded. I got a confirmation to pick up my items in store. They now appear to have never charged the gift card (unless picking up triggers the payment?) because of the removal of the transaction.

My transaction on the phone with them the first time was atrocious, of course, I wasn’t a peach. The person seemed super excited to help, but then gave me bad information three times, ultimately was rude with really bad excuses.

I don’t know what they’re doing, but I’m really annoyed, but I honestly think I’m even more annoyed now than before.

I was more than happy to pay the $60 for MUA3 and Smash combined because that was a killer deal. And if they never charge me, not only does it make me look shady... it also cost my local store the income, and that really irritates me. Especially since I actually like my two local stores.
Same thing happened to me,Told me it was cancelled then two hours later I got the email saying my items were ready. So I picked them up figuring it would trigger the payment and it did not, So they never charged my card and I got three games for free. I'll go back to the store tomorrow and see if they'll try to get it charged cause I'm not gonna have them lose the income.

Well the profit on even four copies of smash wouldn’t be worth risking losing all my credit and being on the phone for six hours (or worse six hours per transaction). Made the right call to go to SeaWorld instead lol

I have yet to get my order, but my gift card balance remains charged. The previous cancellation for you is what made it free.

Also, are you sure that your store takes the loss and not GameStop.com?

Did two orders early last night, for two sets of switch games. Used trade credit, used cag16, selected free shipping option, and got my order confirmation not too long after submitting the order, and got my shipping confirmations later in the day.

Now I'm not sure if I want to take another gamble, and submit another few orders, as I have $700+ in trade credit. May just hold off until they have some b2g1 or something in store... Still a little worried Elite my be killed off in the mean time though. Tough call.

Nice I ordered just cuase 4 gold for pick up and like a bit later I get an email saying it's been picked up.WTF!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Placed 2 orders around 6:30am yesterday, got pickup is ready at 4pm and 8pm.

I think it was just the BOPUS system that was overloaded with so many b1g150% off orders. I'm curious if simple hold requests had issues or not.

Either way, hopefully they have it ironed out before the next big sale.

my experience (for reference) used TC/elite/b1g50/cag16, 5 online orders, 4 store pickup (successful), 1 delivery (shipped), 1 in store purchase while picking up orders, and 1 in store trade at a different store. Received points this morning for in store purchase and in store trade, but waiting on points from online orders.

Anyone know if they're still doing extra 20% power trades toward 2K20, Borderlands, Gears, Link's Awakening, etc?  I don't see it advertised on the trade page anymore

Well my Zelda store pickup was cancelled, but they shipped the 2DS sand Mario Maker 2, curious to how they will refund this as Mario Maker 2 was the half promotion, my gut tells me they will try and charge me full price.....

Well my Zelda store pickup was cancelled, but they shipped the 2DS sand Mario Maker 2, curious to how they will refund this as Mario Maker 2 was the half promotion, my gut tells me they will try and charge me full price.....
Your post got me to look at my orders a little more closely. I had a set of 2 switch games I ordered, but only one was in stock. Now, when I placed the order the one that ended up not being in stock, was the higher price game BUT on the receipt the game that was half off shows up as $40 something. And I’m pretty sure I was refunded for the half off game even though it’s the one I picked up. Also, all my pick up orders show a higher price than what each game was actually at when I ordered (i.e. $50 instead of $41).

Has anyone checked to see if cag16 works again now that the sale is over or is it still dead?
It neither accepts nor denies. It denied saying product ineligible during the sale then after 10PM it just buffers for a few seconds and then looks like you typed nothing at all.

Lol, just got the notification in the app that my first order from 6am yesterday was sent to the store...they really need to fix their system...

Has anyone checked to see if cag16 works again now that the sale is over or is it still dead?
It neither accepts nor denies. It denied saying product ineligible during the sale then after 10PM it just buffers for a few seconds and then looks like you typed nothing at all.
Last time this happened I remember Cheapy having to pull some strings to get it re-enabled (and when it came back, it was specifically changed to not stack with elite and other discounts). Might be a bit before it resurfaces.

Not actually sure when it started stacking again, actually, but not complaining. It only applying to first 3 items is still a super pain in the dick for BOGO with $50 minimum for shipping, though...

Your post got me to look at my orders a little more closely. I had a set of 2 switch games I ordered, but only one was in stock. Now, when I placed the order the one that ended up not being in stock, was the higher price game BUT on the receipt the game that was half off shows up as $40 something. And I’m pretty sure I was refunded for the half off game even though it’s the one I picked up. Also, all my pick up orders show a higher price than what each game was actually at when I ordered (i.e. $50 instead of $41).
Yeah I sent them an email but I already know I’ll probably just return them unless they just let me pick up Zelda at another store, but I won’t hold my breath. So what were you actually charged? Each game should’ve been 34.64 (got this by total cost divided two, similar to how Target does it) plus tax so unless they charge me that I’m returning it.

Each of those orders I placed were $67.80 and that is what I was charged at the time. But the receipts are completely different. I've got 2 receipts that say the game is $46.19, another that is $50.59. Then I have an order I placed after CAG16 stopped working that was able to get both games filled, the total was $79.98 but the receipt says one game is $49.49 and the other is $52.24. And if my calculations are right, I was refunded correctly for the cancelled games but they were all the half priced amount. This would be easier to keep track of if your GC/TC could list individual transactions. I'm tempted to return everything given the hassle this was, especially with the prices listed on the receipts but I am afraid my account will get flagged since the refunds would be quite a bit more than what I originally paid for each order.

Wow, I think my 4 in-store pickup orders from yesterday ran the whole gamut. I ordered in the early morning at 4 different stores and received all of the 4 order confirmations.

1. Store 1 never received my order from the online system, but I was already in the mall, so I stopped by. Showed the order confirmation, but they couldn't release anything without it being in their store system. They still didn't get it as of this morning, so I called customer service to cancel and get a refund. 2 hours and 40 minutes on the phone (that includes hold time) later, I finally got my refund.

2. Store 2 was completely normal and what should be expected: received a pick-up notice shortly after store opening, I stopped by, and out the door with my paid items in less than 5 minutes. As you can see, this is the exception, not the rule.

3. Store 3 sent me a pick-up notice AND a "order has been picked-up" in the middle of the night when stores were closed. Tried calling the store to see what happened, but been getting a busy signal all day. I asked CS about it on my 3 hour call when I was resolving my other refund, but was told they can't do anything on their end. I understand, since they can't see anything on their end, but still annoying. So I'll have to keep trying to call the store or stop by later this week when I have a chance.

4. Finally, Store 4 did send out a pick-up notice, but when I got there, they didn't even have the (pre-owned) games in-stock: the employee just activated it as "pickup is ready" because he said he didn't know how to fulfill the order. Since the store didn't have my items in-stock, I said that's fine, just cancel the order. He said "wait, I may have it in the drawers," so he checked and pulled out the two games I ordered but before I realized what was happening, he was pulling out two new copies of the games I ordered as pre-owned and then gutted both of them to (in his words) "convert them to pre-owned." I kinda just stood there stunned a little since I've never seen that happen before. He handed them to me in a bag and moved onto the next customer. I got the pickup confirmation when I got to my car.

So, if people are wondering how people can have such disparate experiences at GameStop, I just did this over one day in stores that are 20-30 mins from each other in the Philly area (excluding the nearly 3 hours I spent today on the phone to successfully get my refund and to ask about the other order).

So, if people are wondering how people can have such disparate experiences at GameStop, I just did this over one day in stores that are 20-30 mins from each other in the Philly area (excluding the nearly 3 hours I spent today on the phone to successfully get my refund and to ask about the other order).
And it was all worth it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back