2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I placed 9 separate 2x orders on all high tier switch games. Did multiples of 2 each order. 2x zelda, 2 odyssey, etc. My 2nd order place around 11am yesterday was the 1st order to ship at 5pm yesterday. Then I got all my other orders shipped last night around 9pm except my original order. This morning the original 1st order shipped, 2x mk8 deluxe. None of it was in my order history, nor could I look it up, but I did get email confirmations after each order. Also got cashback from e b a ... even though I used trade in credit on all orders & also got elite power up reward points   :)

wow, orders on the website...what a novel concept lol...nice to see mine but doesn't really help anything now...hopefully this is a good sign though that shit will start working...

Is there a monetary amount that can get you trade banned or just more than 3 of the same title in 30 days?

GameStop updated its app today. I’m afraid to update in fear that whatever is updated will break/change something else in the app.... Anyone already pulled the trigger?

Approx 2000 traded in over the same 30 days.
okay thanks. I was in the store the other day and the dude was telling a customer that he was trade banned but couldn't give him a reason why. The kid was in there with his dad. When I say kid, he was probably like 17 and seemed a bit confused about it and he just took his stuff and left lol. Then called the store literally 2 minutes after he left and asked if there was anything he could do about it. He was recommend to maybe call corporate and see if they could sort it out.

Only LP can lift those bans. He probably just traded in too many controllers or something simple like that. Oh, almost forgot, the limit is also 500 cash. The 2000 is trade credit.
I never take the cash especially since I am elite. Also had no idea the reward points would just keep rolling in like they are when these good deals pop up.

This online order but pickup in store is a new thing. When would my return deadline be for a used game after receiving my email confirmation if I picked it up later on day 6? Would I probably still have 7 days to return it?

Apparently they had some issues with distributing the gamestop exclusive physical Metal Wolf Chaos XD and every store in my area got a shipment within the last 1-2 days.

Haven't gone through all the posts, but just in case it hasn't been brought up, the 20% off bonus on 2+ used games with a system purchase is back again.  Basically 36% off sticker if you have elite pro. $20 Playstation Classic counts as a system.

Haven't gone through all the posts, but just in case it hasn't been brought up, the 20% off bonus on 2+ used games with a system purchase is back again. Basically 36% off sticker if you have elite pro. $20 Playstation Classic counts as a system.
I cant make it trigger the deal even in my cart. It says I'll get the deal before I cart it but nowhere to be seen after..

It's not working with the classic anymore
that's what I figured since I picked one up anyways at $20 yesterday. That was always my price point with this thing. Should be pretty solid once I hack it.

This may have been mentioned before, but when you are getting the 20% bonus for trading towards pre-order of the special games, you only have to put $5 towards the game and the bonus still applies to entire trade value. ie. I traded in my Smash Bros today towards another Link's Awakening. Even though I only put $5 towards the game I still got base value $40, plus $8 for elite plus 8$ for the promo, $56. For a game I bought for $29.65 yesterday, not bad. :)

This may have been mentioned before, but when you are getting the 20% bonus for trading towards pre-order of the special games, you only have to put $5 towards the game and the bonus still applies to entire trade value. ie. I traded in my Smash Bros today towards another Link's Awakening. Even though I only put $5 towards the game I still got base value $40, plus $8 for elite plus 8$ for the promo, $56. For a game I bought for $29.65 yesterday, not bad. :)
That’s what I did when I traded in another MK8 today

CAG16 is back.

Can someone explain the 20% two games with console purchase thing like 1) is it online 2) is it new or used consoles or both 3) does it stack

I tried this wrestle mania thing for $10 the cheapest available to ship “console” (those $2 VR things are in store only if at all) and it didn’t make a difference with or without cag16.

Also, Smash’s TIV appears to have held.

So here’s the question. Do I trade in my own copies of MK8 and Smash....hoping my order goes through. Or just wait it out...

EDIT: Shortly after this post my order showed up in store. So my order took around 7 hours. Terrible.
That happened to me. I placed four orders around 2:00PM Sunday. I received three pick-up confirmations at 7:00PM. I then placed two more orders around midnight and 1:00AM. The second order for Bloodstained was canceled. My final two orders were ready for pick-up around noon...Their site is super wonky.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I guess Prestige stores did not get enough surveys this quarter. Saw a few people on here mention that their stores lost Prestige. Two stores lost Prestige in my area (use to have 4).

Assuming these things would be tied together online and in store, seems they’ve wised up and don’t allow any hardware that isn’t a real major console to trigger the 20%, not even like $150 Neo Geo “retrons” or things like that.

Did anyone watch Camelot331 YouTube vid,
If true and he's been right so far this completely sucks.

Half of gamestop's stores are closing by Q4 next year

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind half of the GameStop's in my area closing. There are way too many right now. I've got 7 within 8 miles of my house.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. Many markets are way oversaturated with stores. Within 50 miles from me there are 10 gamestop locations. Mind you, none are in high density population areas either. When you account for other used game stores, pawn shops, etc the number is completely unsustainable given the size of the market. By closing some stores the remaining stores profitability would improve exponentially and it would also significantly improve the ability to manage inventory. As it stands right now, Gamestop locations are competing directly with other Gamestop locations. That's not smart business.

I wouldn't mind half of the GameStop's in my area closing. There are way too many right now. I've got 7 within 8 miles of my house.
The GS stores in the malls seem to never have popular used games in stock around me. I have never seen anyone trading in games or consoles at the mall stores either.

the flips are real turned $700 into $1000 and got a bunch of extra stuff which is sweet

ugh the 20% from Playstation classic is dead

This is not necessarily a bad thing. Many markets are way oversaturated with stores. Within 50 miles from me there are 10 gamestop locations. Mind you, none are in high density population areas either. When you account for other used game stores, pawn shops, etc the number is completely unsustainable given the size of the market. By closing some stores the remaining stores profitability would improve exponentially and it would also significantly improve the ability to manage inventory. As it stands right now, Gamestop locations are competing directly with other Gamestop locations. That's not smart business.
Exactly. We have 3 Gamestops in my town, 2 are Prestige, and all are within 8 miles of my house . It would be so awesome if instead of 3 half-assed stores, they left the crappy store in the mall and then combined the other two into one mega-Prestige store. Then you could afford to staff them properly and STILL save money. About the only problem is that none of the three locations are really big enough to double their inventory, They are basically jam-packed as it is.

That's fine. Maybe the retro stores will have copies of PS1 games with actual original cover art and manuals.

There is a road near me that has 4 gamestops within 10.3 miles, one of which is in a mall. Now this makes flipping very easy, but they could easily eliminate 2 of them stores and be fine. There are also a few other places near me that have GS on top of each other usually 1 in a mall then 1 within a few miles outside the mall. 

There is a road near me that has 4 gamestops within 10.3 miles, one of which is in a mall. Now this makes flipping very easy, but they could easily eliminate 2 of them stores and be fine. There are also a few other places near me that have GS on top of each other usually 1 in a mall then 1 within a few miles outside the mall.
Does it really matter what happens to GS if the deals and flips disappear beforehand?

Even if the flips went away I would still like a place where I can trade in a game I bought for 40 bucks for 30 w promo to put towards another game. Even that bit of recycling helps me out. I thought the all digital future would have better prices.
Yeah, I can see your point. Unfortunately for me, I only have 2 $40 preorders left, Doom Eternal (Target B2g1) and Pokemon Shield (GCU parting coupon)

I do have a bunch of Amazon preorders at 20% off (Cyperpunk, Metroid 4, etc), but after spending $40 per game the $48+tax doesn't seem all that worthwhile versus waiting for it to drop to $40 on sale so I may cancel most of those eventually.

Another Target B2G1 preorder bananza this fall looks like my only hope in these dark post GCU+$10 coupon days.

The digital MSRP future will just result in me not purchasing many games and most likely saving money.

Despite all the savings from GS, I'm still undecided on whether I want Borderlands 3 day 1 for my birthday, since I'd have to pay full price with my GS credit. $65 after tax for a game just seems far too rich for this CAG lol

I don't get it. What's the benefit of only committing $5 and having the rest in trade credit? So you can get the 20% bump on multiple trade-ins?

Edit: Curious as I just bought Odyssey for $20 and looking to apply it toward Links Awakening.

I don't get it. What's the benefit? Only committing $5 and having the rest in trade credit? So you can get the 20% bump on multiple trade-ins?

Edit: Curious as I just bought Odyssey for $20 and looking to apply it toward Links Awakening.
You can just keep adding a bit at a time to trigger the bonus. If you completely pay off your PO by applying all of the trade value, you'd have to do another PO if you have more trades.

While a ton of GameStops close makes flipping between stores easy I could completely understand them closing some...hell there’s a mall fairly close to me that has 2 separate GameStops in it...that makes no sense to me at all...

I'm really shock by how many people actually ordered stuff during the Labor Day sale for instore pick up. Extremely risky move. Especially with  TC. 

All my orders came in today, most switch/vita games came without cases -_- luckily I had extras, and the games I never owned came complete :). JC4 gold was a display copy, codes worked. 

It's incredible TIV are still holding up. Might do one more flip and test out the PS classic promo in store.

Has it been confirmed that you can’t buy the $20 PSN cards with TC?

EDIT: still works, I just did it. $25 not $20

I'm really shock by how many people actually ordered stuff during the Labor Day sale for instore pick up. Extremely risky move. Especially with TC.
No issues getting refunds for the canceled games from each order. I was pleasantly surprised. More annoyed that 3 of my orders each had 1 game cancelled (and they happened to be the games that I wanted).

Does the Buy 2 Get 1 free coupon (the one you get for renewing Power Up Rewards) still work on multiple sets of 3?? IIRC it used to. Basically asking if I can use it to buy 6 games making 2 of them free?

What has he been right on so far? He didn't predict the DL/RL purge, and they never close stores in Q4. And half of them, in the next year, RIGHT BEFORE NEXT GEN? Use your head guys.

His source called the corporate firings right down to the days, so he got that right. He says the source called the earlier firings too but he didn't put the info out because he didn't trust the source yet.
how bout prediction fro which games will get stealth bump this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back