2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone said its possible that Gears may be in the 2 day return window to get full credit back. Can anyone confirm this?
Gamestop has been advertising it heavily, so yes. Though they continue to show the regular and ultimate editions in the advertisements, despite limiting the promo to the purchase of regular editions in the past. If limited editions still are completely excluded, that's really false advertisement and vintage Gamestop. (I understand not giving the full value for a limited edition, but they should still be giving the $60 on it if they're going to advertise it in an attempt to induce purchases of said game)

For Gears, it would be cheaper to just get the 2 months of Gamepass for $2 if your state charges sales tax. The sales tax at 6% is $3.60

Thank you. I guess I'm just bitter after wasting 20 minutes listening to that other guy explain "how to ripoff GameStop" only to talk about how his idiot coworker smuggled a bunch of Maddens out of the store, which was really just grand theft.

GameStop actually did offer pretty substantial severance packages to the DLs/RLs, I think if things were that bad they would've gotten a lot less. I just think suggesting GameStop wants to close 2k-3k stores when shit isn't even hitting the fan yet is ridiculous. ToysRUs was 5 billion in the hole when they filed for bankruptcy, and they only planned on closing 25% of their stores. He just knows that people won't have the attention span to remember this prediction next year, or he'll be off doing something else. I also don't believe he wouldn't talk about upcoming firings because he didn't trust a source yet. He'd take any opportunity to spew more bullshit.
Bingo. In the history of retail closures (of which there have been many just over the last five years), I've never seen a retail cut its stores in half pre-emptively, or even after filing for bankruptcy. Shoot, there are still Sears and K-Mart stores around, and they're in far worse shape than GameStop.

Anyone notice funkiness going on with the receipts that come with online orders as far as pricing?

Some retro stuff I ordered over a week ago finally arrived and I nearly shat  a brick as the return label showed a price of over $80 and I would not have paid that for this stuff. Of course the order history on the website is useless, so I looked at my bank history and it shows that I was only charged what I thought I paid.

Same thing with the couple of Switch games I ordered on Labor day- except those came from a store so instead of the printed label receipt they just have the printpack slip- but it states I paid more than $35 more than I did. 

Couldn't jackasses abuse this or are the real prices paid brought up in the POS when the clerk enters the order number or whatever?

Found fire emblem 3 houses preowned, used my birthday coupon plus a $10 preowned cert got it for $32

Also grabbed Tetris with the online sub

Anyone notice funkiness going on with the receipts that come with online orders as far as pricing?
Some retro stuff I ordered over a week ago finally arrived and I nearly shat a brick as the return label showed a price of over $80 and I would not have paid that for this stuff. Of course the order history on the website is useless, so I looked at my bank history and it shows that I was only charged what I thought I paid.

Same thing with the couple of Switch games I ordered on Labor day- except those came from a store so instead of the printed label receipt they just have the printpack slip- but it states I paid more than $35 more than I did.

Couldn't jackasses abuse this or are the real prices paid brought up in the POS when the clerk enters the order number or whatever?
Same thing with me. Prices don’t reflect the labor sale or the cag 16 promo code. They also sent me an extra copy of one of the games I order to boot.

Found fire emblem 3 houses preowned, used my birthday coupon plus a $10 preowned cert got it for $32

Some retro stuff I ordered over a week ago finally arrived and I nearly shat a brick as the return label showed a price of over $80 and I would not have paid that for this stuff. Of course the order history on the website is useless, so I looked at my bank history and it shows that I was only charged what I thought I paid.

My Switch games from Labor day say I paid $52.50 each. I have no idea how the system came up with that price. None of the discounts would even be close to that.

You're right that it can be abused very easily.

When did you receive your bday coupon? My bday is on 9/11 but I still have not received anything.

Do you mind providing the code? I bought the legend edition and for some reason it didn't come with the code on the receipt.
Despite including the special editions in all the promo ads when they do these, they don't seem to include those versions in the actual promo

All of my $5 clearance action figures showed something like $22.50 each, and I also got nervous for a few seconds before realizing I wouldn't have had that much money on my card for them to take anyway.

So I took a gamble during the Labor Day BOGO sale (while CAG 16 still worked) on two high priced PS2 games... and wow, I should have listened to you guys and passed. I picked up .Hack 4 and Haunting Ground. Haunting Ground has a slash on the face of the disc that runs through the data side (you can see through the disc) and .Hack 4 was a demo disc. 

Welp, time to see how difficult it is to return these but worst case, I'll just ask my credit card company to step in. Not like it matters if I get banned, barely shop there any more anyway. 

So I took a gamble during the Labor Day BOGO sale (while CAG 16 still worked) on two high priced PS2 games... and wow, I should have listened to you guys and passed. I picked up .Hack 4 and Haunting Ground. Haunting Ground has a slash on the face of the disc that runs through the data side (you can see through the disc) and .Hack 4 was a demo disc.

Welp, time to see how difficult it is to return these but worst case, I'll just ask my credit card company to step in. Not like it matters if I get banned, barely shop there any more anyway.
Yeah I remember a couple years back I bought Conker Reloaded for Xbox and got an Xbox Live demo disk with Conker on the front. Yours is way worse though with the value of that game.

A store will refund you no questions asked. Just go to a store.

Yeah, their online fulfillment's bizarre and entirely luckbased as to what your end result is, but returns are almost too easy. I always get them charging me weird amounts on online orders; like, I ordered 3 gamecube games, gunstar super heroes, and a couple 3ds games, plus an n64 expansion pak for the BOGO; got charged $125 total.

They come in 4 packages, one for each 3ds game, one for a gamecube + expansion, one for the rest of the gamecube - but the total price on the shipping labels adds up to $150, because for whatever reason the prices for a lot of them as listed on the label seem to be completely arbitrary as to whether or not they accounted for pro and cag16 discount.

I want to go in to return things since I got unlucky with gamecube cases, but the prices are all goofed up. Gunstar, which I would've liked to keep, is priced at full $25 on receipt, without even the normal account-based discounts included, so I can't keep it without """losing""" money vs just rebuying it online; Pokemon ultra sun, meanwhile, came in by itself, and its label only lists its price as $18, without any indication of the promo that price was part of - so if I keep just that, I'm getting a super dumb discount on it.

So I end up returning everything I don't want, get $108 in cash back since 2/4 labels don't accurately reflect the price paid, and finish with copies of Ultra Sun, Fantasy Life, and an N64 adapter...for about $17 total.

...I don't fuckin' get why they operate like this. And it's not like I can pull the initial order and go "Well, THIS is the base price, plus this discount, plus this one, plus this - and as for game two..." with a line of people there for 2K20 so as to not screw them (and actually keep what I want to keep), either. In fact, pretty much every associate I've had do an online return for me has told me they don't bother with factoring in online promos when doing the return. Just badly designed all around.

Their returns for online orders are so random. Half the stuff I returned was given back to me on my TC and the other half was cash. Even the refunds back to my TC got part cash.

YMMV. I was sent the wrong game and the manager stepped in to deny the return and told me to call the 1-800 number. The game was $6.99, I should've burned him on the survey but I was young and naive.

Their returns for online orders are so random. Half the stuff I returned was given back to me on my TC and the other half was cash. Even the refunds back to my TC got part cash.
Depends on what the cashier marks the tender as on each item as they return them. If they mess up and click Visa Debit Card or Unknown Tender it'll be cash. It's funny when they're not paying attention to what they click, and get confused when the register tells them to give me cash.

Its not very difficult. You go in with the game and the packing slip and tell them you want to return it and why

I'll give it shot but the last time I tried to return a game from an online order due to a problem (fake Pokemon HeartGold, 3-ish years ago), they said no because they check for fakes before taking a trade in so it wasn't possible for me to get a fake and to call support. Do just they expect these issues now...? I mean, how do they know I'm not trying to pull a fast one? Not like I can prove I didn't just fuck up the disc myself and didn't just replace actual .hack 4 disc with a demo disc. They do both have Gamestop's famous disc destroyer resurfacing machine pattern.

They need a proper ship to store function so we can check the shipment in store and deal with it then.
It's not simple to do, but I just recently did a online-to-store order. You have to go in and have them process it as a GameStop.com order and have them list the store as the delivery address. Plus, even if you don't normally pay taxes when using TC in your state, you will here because the .com order processes it differently.

So...that's GameStop for you.

Yeah, I’ve cashed out a ton of my tc from online returns bc the cashier always chooses to refund me in cash.
This only works for shipping right due to the packing slip prices?

Because I paid $32+ tax on Super Mario Odyssey(TC). But the packing slip shows $50.59.

So you are saying if I refund in store, I will get $50.59 cash?

This only works for shipping right due to the packing slip prices?

Because I paid $32+ tax on Super Mario Odyssey(TC). But the packing slip shows $50.59.

So you are saying if I refund in store, I will get $50.59 cash?
Yep. If it hits your conscience wrong and it's the only thing from the order, you might be able to convince them to give you less (lol) by pulling up the order online & showing your actual paid price - but if you got a bunch of things all together with discounts, your archived order just shows base price for each game, the total saved across all of them as a lump sum, and the final price you paid, which makes things near impossible to parse.

Usually they'll just say fuck it and work off the packing slip instead of spending time trying to figure that stuff out though. Bizarre that the slips do that; in my experience there's two styles of slips (a printed-out horizontal normal paper one and a vertical one on more conventional waxy packing receipt paper); the former tends to account for actual price paid, while the latter picks numbers willy nilly that kinda-sorta-sometimes represents paid price.

Anyone else still waiting for $5 figures from 8/25 to ship?
Did any of yours ship? Some I got a duplicate of to gift to my friend. Those took longer to ship. Freddy Krueger, gamer gremlin, and some he man figure. Still waiting on my last Gremlin <3 Can't wait to diorama with them.

Not sure if this was mentioned but the Gamestop site now says you get a $10 reward when you "pre-order and purchase Ghost Recon BreakPoint"  

I wish the $5 bonus for $2 games would come back lol just picked up a bunch of games at a pawn shop. Not gonna hold on to them long either

Just got denied of using reward certificates for $5 and $15 when buying Xbox credit and Nintendo credit. Is this new???

Edit: the GS cashier never put my gamestop information. I only used my TC on my card. Could this be the reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back