2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if I should spend the $70 to upgrade my Switch I got on Facebook Marketplace to the newer model? I’m not sure how much I’ll ever play it undocked though. Are there any other internal upgrades in it other than the battery life?
Wow I was wrong for some reason when I looked at the weekly ad yesterday on my phone I thought it said that a Switch would get $250 in credit towards a new Switch it’s the one system that doesn’t get a bump. I guess they didn’t want to get flooded with V1 models trading in towards the newer V2 ones.

Has anyone made a list of best games with the 4 for $20 or should I just wait to see what’s gonna be going on with the pro days sale?
I haven't made a list but you can't go wrong with any of the following for PS4 if you don't have them already:

Arkham Knight

Fallout 4

Uncharted 4

Dishonored 2

Dragon Quest Heroes 1 (the Dynasty Warriors combat is not my cup of tea but this game can't be found this cheap elsewhere)

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Some other slightly less popular games I like that are 9.99:

Torment: Tides of Numenera (the crowd-funded spiritual successor to PlaneScape torment)

Yoku's Island Express (weird mix of pinball and metroidvania)

Mutant Football League Dynasty Edition (pure dumb fun if you aren't expecting AAA quality)

Apex Construct (PSVR) (Rarely goes below $15 for digital edition, good archery mechanics and a dev team that cares and updates the game)

This is a lame non-committal redesign. They need to go full bore and just move all the actual game inventory to the backroom with their wall mounted or tablets full functionally as a menu a la Redbox kiosk. Put all the shirts, collectibles, etc to the back wall, so you can see them but they're not something you have to walk past, around, or through. Some kind of snack bar. Then I guess all along the sides are just gaming stations; which during regular hours pay by time or maybe a Super Elite Pro member gets so much "free" time a month. Then "after hours" they can have high score tournaments/multiplayer battles/social stuff. I guess that's really just an arcade with constantly new released games that also sells and rents said games.

I'm honestly surprised that they've never really gotten into the other types of gaming (e.g. board games, trading card, etc.).

Perhaps it's a logistics/storage issue but it seems like a niche that GS could have tapped into at one time or another.

Edit..or maybe they tried to and failed and I missed it?

I'm honestly surprised that they've never really gotten into the other types of gaming (e.g. board games, trading card, etc.).

Perhaps it's a logistics/storage issue but it seems like a niche that GS could have tapped into at one time or another.

They have done it half-assed, in typical Gamestop fashion. My local store had tournaments with actual small prizes for them (I think it was Magic the Gathering, but I'm not part of the community and have no idea about anything regarding that stuff). Honestly, they should have tried that years ago in more stores.

Some if not most stores are to small for that stuff in my opinion.

Stupid question but do you have to pay tax on a preorder? For example, is the max you can put on a $60 preordered game, only 60? or 60 + tax? Also, are do they usually do a "midnight" release at 9pm?

I don't have any of my receipts that have pre-order deposits on them, either whole or in part, to check against, so does anyone know if you get your PUR points after you just put the deposit down or once you pick the game up?

I have a few upcoming releases pre-ordered. Some fully paid, others just with $5, and I'm trying to do some math to roll a few certificates onto one of the $5 pre-orders to pay them off when I pick up.

I don't have any of my receipts that have pre-order deposits on them, either whole or in part, to check against, so does anyone know if you get your PUR points after you just put the deposit down or once you pick the game up?

I have a few upcoming releases pre-ordered. Some fully paid, others just with $5, and I'm trying to do some math to roll a few certificates onto one of the $5 pre-orders to pay them off when I pick up.
I got my points after picking up my preorder

no more points from trade ins?

CA here
Like Omni99 said they have been gone for a while here in CA but if you call customer service they might give your points. I usually call on higher value trade ins and they usually give me the points.

Anyone know when the next stealth bump is? When did the last one occur?
Last one was mid-August. I was assuming the September one would be this weekend, but with Pro Days happening, they may push it back another week. Last month the Bump list was a PDF, as the new website doesn't accommodate searching for mwt___19. I don't think we even knew it was happening last month until the Friday it went live.

You get the points when you pick up your game

Yes, the physical print of the collection is supposed to be limited. Still available from other online merchants though.
Good to kno, I’m just gonna grab one from Walmart then

There's a bunch still showing in the Phoenix area, so I don't believe so.
That’s how it was for me last week, every store had stock I checked it daily in hopes of finding a preowned copy...but in the past few days they are all gone

Just had an employee tell me that I'm not allowed to place a pre-order on a power trade title since I canceled my 2K20 preorder at that store a few days ago.  Apparently the employee who canceled it was pissed and complained.

I still got my bonus by arguing that since Borderlands 3 was a purchase rather than a pre-order, whatever rule they made up about me didn't apply.

Just had an employee tell me that I'm not allowed to place a pre-order on a power trade title since I canceled my 2K20 preorder at that store a few days ago. Apparently the employee who canceled it was pissed and complained.

I still got my bonus by arguing that since Borderlands 3 was a purchase rather than a pre-order, whatever rule they made up about me didn't apply.
Gs employee here
That dude is a jerk. I hate when employees try to make their own rules.

Gs employee here
That dude is a jerk. I hate when employees try to make their own rules.
That guy is typically my favorite gamestop employee there. Genuinely nice dude. That's what's keeping me from leaving a negative survey. He claims it "came from the top." He specifically mentioned which two employees complained, and I remember both being involved in the process. One took the pre-order, while the other canceled it.

Dear god.  I thought the $40 mystery eggs were bad but my local stores just got these new mystery boxes of certain products in and I just cant....

Gamestop not showing me any birthday love this year. Still no 20% coupon :(
I didn't get one either - my birthday was a few weeks ago.

Come to think of it, Best Buy didn't give me a coupon either (in the past I got 10% off one item on the website).

Come to think of it, Best Buy didn't give me a coupon either (in the past I got 10% off one item on the website).
GS apparently have been having more and more issues with issuing out coupons for some accounts.

You'd have to call them up to get the coupons issued to you, as long as it's one that you're supposed to get.

I just re-upped my pro, and my B2G1 wasn't showing up after the typical time, so I had to send them a message to customer service to have them issue it to me, and it was done within a couple hours, so fairly fast.

Obviously, the timeframe on when they fix it is YMMV, but you get the point. ;)

I'm a non-paying rewards guy at GS and no coupon a few months ago. I mentioned it to an employee in passing and he said, "oh, they must've changed it to a Pro reward". Nice try!

I did get one from Best Buy (also non-paying) for 10% off and used it on a genesis mini.

Contact customer support. My birthday was in July and I never got anything. So I contacted them through the website and (once they finally replied) they apologized and sent me a code.

Somehow I doubt this actually came from the top. More like they told their store manager what happened and they said just don't let him do it anymore. It's either Gamestop policy or it isn't.
I dont want them to keep doing this but I also don't want to leave a negative survey because normally the employee is nice and does whatever the computer lets him

My birthday is the 29th and I have not yet received a 20% off offer either. I'll give it a week and if I don't receive it I'll call support and get one I suppose. 

I dont want them to keep doing this but I also don't want to leave a negative survey because normally the employee is nice and does whatever the computer lets him
I would let it slide then. and in the future, just push the $5 you have down onto a different pre-order for a month from now. Then, assuming there's never any game coming out you want to actually buy new, just keep moving the $5 to a different game before that one comes out.

I would let it slide then. and in the future, just push the $5 you have down onto a different pre-order for a month from now. Then, assuming there's never any game coming out you want to actually buy new, just keep moving the $5 to a different game before that one comes out.
They started making me put the full purchase price down when doing a power trade at first. That was a few months ago.

Me neither and my birthday was last week. I just called, waited on hold forever while i did other things, and then it took 5 minutes for them to provide me an in store code that will expire on sep 30th

Yeah I'm guessing it had more to do with the card being dormant than anything to do with Gamestop. Especially with as shady as Ebay is, they probably have it in their agreement that any gift card not used in 90 days becomes "inactive" and you have to jump through hoops to reactivate, or something similar.
They did tie the $200 to my ebay account, so I did get the money back. No explanation as to why it was frozen.

I guess my original point was even if a GC shows $0 (on ebay at least) it may just be dormant or suspended. I wonder how many other companies do this. I know I have some old target GCs I bought just to get the collectible GC (like the pez dispensers, coins, etc) and I am wondering if I actually did clear them out or if they got the same treatment.

And to the other posters, I do normally immediately check the balance of GCs, but I was going to give this one as a gift. I gave the Southwest one as a gift too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back