2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn’t accept mine. Also I tried to preorder a switch lite n they said they didn’t have any...asked if any other store has any they said it’s “system lock” that there’s none I didn’t really believe it tho

I’ve noticed that on GS’s site they don’t list preowned for newer releases. Is there anyway to check if any stores have a used copy of these unlisted games?

For instance games that just came out like Borderlands 3. Only new available and you can’t even check if any stores have used copies. Just using that as an example. I’ve honestly not shopped at GS is a while.

I’ve noticed that on GS’s site they don’t list preowned for newer releases. Is there anyway to check if any stores have a used copy of these unlisted games?

For instance games that just came out like Borderlands 3. Only new available and you can’t even check if any stores have used copies. Just using that as an example. I’ve honestly not shopped at GS is a while.
Use the Gamestop App. Open the game you want to find. Then click on Check Store Inventory and put in your zip code. It will give you a list of places that have it new and preowned.

It’s GameStop. Just grab any opened “new” copy.

But seriously, they did a full price buyback offer on BL3, there’s going to be lots of used copies available.

What’s the best standard Xbox controller now? Like the lunar white used to be, is there one with a superior grip or feel or feature than the plain colored ones with the newest revision?

i bought a $60 game and a $40 controller online. I used $50 certificate in that same order. If i return the controller, do i get the $40 back on my credit card? how does the certificate work on returns?

Sad they don't have the buy a console get XX% off deals anymore...could've been flip city. Also I picked up 2 of those Zelda accessory bundles, gonna keep one unopened just in case I get another switch. I used the other one already and the car charger and long cord for the controllers are nice!

i bought a $60 game and a $40 controller online. I used $50 certificate in that same order. If i return the controller, do i get the $40 back on my credit card? how does the certificate work on returns?
Does it show which item the cert was used on? if the cert is on the controller... you're out of luck.

The cert actually reduces one of the items. So either the game is $10 or the controller is $0.

It usually takes it off the most expensive item the receipt probably shows the controller at full price.

Hoping to see 10% off used games as usual. The $5 trade bonus is better than 10% in most cases so that's neat, but I have a big box of accessories I was saving for the usual 10% trade bonus on that stuff.

Betting the flyer is uploaded but they just havent linked to it yet. Too bad there isn't a previous one under the new website redesign to alter the link to...

Powerup Rewards are applied to the most expensive item so you should be good. Your receipt says which item had the cert applied

I got the 20% bonus towards links yesterday late afternoon

Nothing that great for the proday deals...they had division 2 at 19.99 during one sale and now its 24.99 lol

I’ll grab Mario rabbids at 19.99

How is the controller? I already have a Pro, might be nice to have a wired backup.
To me, it feels bigger than the Pro controller. The analog sticks are definitely taller. It is also one of those controllers that allow you to assign front buttons to 2 custom back buttons.

Looks like they removed the 20% bonus on trades towards Zelda from the website. Anyone know anything about that?
There is still an ad for it and the 4 other games that get 20% on the main page if you scroll down to "Save Big With Pre-Owned," which links to the trade-in page. They were originally programmed to be good through like the 5th I think? I am wondering if they are really gone or just being hidden for now. Mysteries!

I was told no 9 pm launches on Nintendo games. Midnight or none (always none at my store).
Interesting. My local store posted about it and told me in person yesterday. They are also doing the presale thing at 6pm and you can pick up the game at 9pm. Doubt it matters, but they are a prestige store.

There is still an ad for it and the 4 other games that get 20% on the main page if you scroll down to "Save Big With Pre-Owned," which links to the trade-in page. They were originally programmed to be good through like the 5th I think? I am wondering if they are really gone or just being hidden for now. Mysteries!
Definitely going to find out tomorrow!

Preordered Zelda the other day in full with TC but decided to cancel since it doesn't have d-pad support (though on 3DS the DX version supports analog and d-pad) and I'll just play it on 3DS. When I called to cancel it they said I had to cancel in person. Is this true?

Preordered Zelda the other day in full with TC but decided to cancel since it doesn't have d-pad support (though on 3DS the DX version supports analog and d-pad) and I'll just play it on 3DS. When I called to cancel it they said I had to cancel in person. Is this true?
Yes, because they need to give you a trade card containing the amount you paid or otherwise apply it towards whatever else you might want instead.

Yes, because they need to give you a trade card containing the amount you paid or otherwise apply it towards whatever else you might want instead.
Thank you. Seems antiquated as I thought they would be able to credit/debit my card without the physical card (like all the online transactions).

So is Zelda part of the $59.99 trade back program? Never done it before. 

Basically pick the game up, go back and trade it back and they'll give me a $59.99 gift card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back