2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think it will but if pro day combines with the 4 for 20 those 4 games are great flips hoping they don't drop em like a rock in the meantime.

Typing in mobile, so sorry if there are formatting issues: Many of you won’t care about this, but I figure I share this before
the rush of Pro Day. I’ve decided to finally cash out of GameStop.

No, not because I think the company is going to go bankrupt. The
combination of my Elite Pro expiring at the end of the month, my
backlog building to an ungodly size, sitting on hold for 2 hours to
get credit back from a canceled order, etc. You know as well as I do that we spend way more time flipping than actually playing our games. I felt like this is the right move at where I am in my life (so
naturally, YMMV on how you feel about time spent).

So, how did I cash out my thousands of dollars in GS credit over this entire month? I bought:

1. An upper-midrange gaming PC (9900k, 2070 Super) and a bunch of PC accessories (mechanical keyboard, premium gaming mouse, expensive-ass headset, a gaming chair, etc.). Unfortunately, GS doesn’t sell parts so I’ve been having to upgrade some stuff from the pre-built on my own.

2. 9 Nintendo Switch Lites that I’ll be picking up today/getting in
the mail. I’m keeping a yellow one for myself, 3 to give away to friends/families, 3 for upcoming birthdays/holidays for friends/families, and 2 to donate to local youth groups.

3. Upgraded PSVR to v1.2 so I don’t have to keep swapping HDMI cables for the HDR games.

4. The XB1X Gears 5 edition for a friend’s bachelor’s party/wedding gift.

4. A buttload of eShop credit and Steam credit. Like, I’m good for
every major release and indie that comes out on the eShop until the end of 2020, probably.

It took years to build up all of this credit starting from maybe a
cash investment of $80 or so way back in the day (seriously, I’ve been at CAG for over 15 years). Obviously, I’ve purchased things in the meantime by only using credit, such as all six of the current gen platforms at launch and their subsequent revisions (PS4 Pro, XB1X, Switch, Wii U, Vita, and 3DS XL). I haven’t continuously subscribed to the PUR Pro/Elite membership during this time (especially during the down periods where they really tanked all TiVs), but maintained it in recent years as I ramped up my activity.

I actually probably didn’t have as much in credit as some of you hardcore members do, so no lessons or wisdom that I’m trying to impart. I just wanted to share my experience as I call it quits on the flipping. I’ll try to still stay connected to help out others or do giveaways, but I’m just done with GS. Good luck to the rest of you.

Is the extra $5 trade-in working? Looks like HZD:CE would be $13.80 pro tc for a $9.99 + tax purchase today.
Yes, just got back from my store and the $5 bonus worked on the Switch and XB1 games I traded in.

Also, same as others have reported - no Link's Awakening $59.99 guaranteed code printed on my receipt. This is in Madison, WI.

Any additional details about the promotion trading electronics/hardware towards a Switch? The website lists it but they don’t give you more details such as what devices apply. I know the original emails they sent out before the Pro day promotion were like 200ish towards a Switch Lite or 250 towards a regular Switch but I’m curious if consoles got an additional bump since electronics did.

Got an email saying that you could get Red Dead Redemption 2 for as low as $9.99. I was like alright I may check this out. No details or anything. Just a "shop now” button so in the app the preowned version is or was $31.99 for elite. I add it to my cart and now the amazing pro day sale price is $40 for preowned or also $40 for new. Is there something I'm not getting here? Lol thought that was funny.

Any additional details about the promotion trading electronics/hardware towards a Switch? The website lists it but they don’t give you more details such as what devices apply. I know the original emails they sent out before the Pro day promotion were like 200ish towards a Switch Lite or 250 towards a regular Switch but I’m curious if consoles got an additional bump since electronics did.
Yeah I'm wondering about this too...for instance the Samsung Galaxy S9 got a $100 bump for Pro Day.

Got an email saying that you could get Red Dead Redemption 2 for as low as $9.99. I was like alright I may check this out. No details or anything. Just a "shop now” button so in the app the preowned version is or was $31.99 for elite. I add it to my cart and now the amazing pro day sale price is $40 for preowned or also $40 for new. Is there something I'm not getting here? Lol thought that was funny.
Likely factoring a reward certificate that you could use based on your points.

Also bummed to hear of Link’s Awakening no longer being part of the $60 trade promo. I was definitely gonna grab it to try out but now just gonna wait for a preowned copy

I don't get it, is Zelda part of the $60 trade in promo or not?

Need to know before I go and pick up my pre-order.

I pre-ordered Link's Awakening from the University plaza store.in Buffalo NY and I got the code for trade back at full price on my receipt. The code seems really ymmv

I pre-ordered Link's Awakening from the University plaza store.in Buffalo NY and I got the code for trade back at full price on my receipt. The code seems really ymmv
Did you use trade credit, cash or credit card and are you Elite or Pro? Just trying to figure out a pattern.

So I picked up 2 copies (1 to keep) of HZDCE, if they do adjust to what's shown in the app, do you get the extra $5 too?

48 hours... but I guess Zelda isn't included anymore? Wtf? How shady is that. Now i know why I don't shop at GS.
It's not shady at all because the first and only game that was guaranteed to have $60 trade value nationwide was Days Gone. The other games like Mario Maker 2 and Zelda are only intended for test markets, though it'll stick work if you know the code. Convincing an associate to use it is a different story.

It's not shady at all because the first and only game that was guaranteed to have $60 trade value nationwide was Days Gone. The other games like Mario Maker 2 and Zelda are only intended for test markets, though it'll stick work if you know the code. Convincing an associate to use it is a different story.
I called gamestop a few days ago and they literally said it's included. So yes it is shady if it's for some customers only and the only way to find out is to actually buy the game..

Going back through my email. Found an email entitled "Two Games you're guaranteed to Love" with this at the bottom.

†Offer expires 9/22/19. Offer valid only on The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening. Guaranteed trade credit value of $59.99 is maximum net value for game trade. Promotional trade credit does not include tax. Cannot be combined with credit bonus for paid PowerUp Rewards memberships or any other offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. 

Did you pay in full when you pre-ordered or put $5 down and then pay it off when you picked it up? Did you trade a game towards the pre-order to get 20% bonus? Just doing some detective work.
Paid in full when I pre-ordered and got the 20% bump at the time. I pre-ordered it a few weeks ago, and got it at 11am in the Philly area. The store where I got it had a sign advertising the promo

It's definitely shady to have stores put up signage for it then not give people the code when they pick it up at the store while looking at the sign

It's definitely shady to have stores put up signage for it then not give people the code when they pick it up at the store while looking at the sign
It was weird because Borderlands 3 didn't print a code on my receipt, even though everyone that picked theirs up prior to me got the code. No issues getting a code for Link's though. Both games had signage up at the register for the promo. Store is also not in a test market.

I called gamestop a few days ago and they literally said it's included. So yes it is shady if it's for some customers only and the only way to find out is to actually buy the game..
If your store already said they're doing it, just go there and buy it. If the code doesn't print, return it without opening it.

GS does all sorts of things unintentionally. Like the last time the $5 bonus trade-in promotion was going on, all the ads and banners clearly said that it was for current generation games only, but instead, it worked on everything but Sega Saturn games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back