2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the email for Play Code Vein risk-free. Try the link and see if your store will come up with the promo (for the ones who did not get a code for Zelda).

http://click.em.gamestop.com/?qs=81e72376ccc701039a4e9548f1f9aad1f5a14bd399047078a9acbc09a95c0885e737d91ed15ca70191ecc99edd9d6ba1fd61f622ed8cbae8

The link is for the find a store button, to see if it's available in your area.

tbgmLlb.jpg

*Offer expires 9/29/19. Offer valid only on Code Vein. Guaranteed trade credit value of $59.99 is maximum net value for game trade. Promotional trade credit does not include tax. Cannot be combined with credit bonus for paid PowerUp Rewards memberships or any other offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Just got back from all the GS stores in my area.

You see it in every employees' facial expressions in light of the impending doom approaching that is Pro Day weekend.

tenor.gif

Just call them up?

Social Anxiety intensifies
Called up the store I bought it from. Their saying that there's a promotional bar code at the bottom of the receipt. I see a bar code at the bottom of my receipt. They guaranteed that they'd honor it, so time to unwrap the game.

Just call your stores guys.

This day has really been a cluster f. Values online and the app are NOT at all what they are in stores. Got shafted on HZD and LBP3 that I had lying around. Not even going to bother with other games since who knows what values will randomly change around. Not a strong final sale for my elite pro lol

This day has really been a cluster f. Values online and the app are NOT at all what they are in stores. Got shafted on HZD and LBP3 that I had lying around. Not even going to bother with other games since who knows what values will randomly change around. Not a strong final sale for my elite pro lol
Are you saying gamestop stores are not honoring tiv listed and saved on the app?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just called and she said that it's 48 hrs from "launch", and she specifically said it would be until SATURDAY night. So lame. Not even worth it. Not going to risk going Sunday morning since they open at 11 am and the game launched at 10 am. I have other stuff going on and I don't want to ruin the game by basically speed running it. Oh well.

So now my question, I guess, is how long do I have for them to refund me the $5 I spent to pre-order?

Just called and she said that it's 48 hrs from "launch", and she specifically said it would be until SATURDAY night. So lame. Not even worth it. Not going to risk going Sunday morning since they open at 11 am and the game launched at 10 am. I have other stuff going on and I don't want to ruin the game by basically speed running it. Oh well.

So now my question, I guess, is how long do I have for them to refund me the $5 I spent to pre-order?
I traded in gears for full amount 2 days after.

It is Sunday night. Call a store that is more informed if you want to be sure.

I traded in gears for full amount 2 days after.
I understand, just don't want to risk having an argument with them since my store specifically said Sat night.

Since it says 48 hrs from launch (not launch day), says it EXPIRES 9/22 (not valid until, etc), and that it's subject to manager approval -- yea..... not worth the hassle. Plus I'm basically converting real money to GS credit. I would do it if guaranteed to be smooth but there's a real possibility they will give me trouble and it's just not worth it. All in the name of beating the game as fast as possible. I'll pass.

But again, anyone know if I can go in next week and get my $5 back?

"Happy Pro Day! PowerUp Pro & Elite members get SEGA Genesis Classics, & Shenmue I & II for $19.99!"

Proceed to add both to my cart, go to checkout, and NOTHING. The fuck is wrong with GS's website.

"Happy Pro Day! PowerUp Pro & Elite members get SEGA Genesis Classics, & Shenmue I & II for $19.99!"

Proceed to add both to my cart, go to checkout, and NOTHING. The fuck is wrong with GS's website.

Says the same thing for Assassins Creed Odyssey & Mario + rabbids. Doesn’t work either. Maybe they just phrased it wrong and should say each.

I got the email for Play Code Vein risk-free. Try the link and see if your store will come up with the promo (for the ones who did not get a code for Zelda).

http://click.em.gamestop.com/?qs=81e72376ccc701039a4e9548f1f9aad1f5a14bd399047078a9acbc09a95c0885e737d91ed15ca70191ecc99edd9d6ba1fd61f622ed8cbae8

The link is for the find a store button, to see if it's available in your area.

*Offer expires 9/29/19. Offer valid only on Code Vein. Guaranteed trade credit value of $59.99 is maximum net value for game trade. Promotional trade credit does not include tax. Cannot be combined with credit bonus for paid PowerUp Rewards memberships or any other offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
The store where I got mine is on that list

Are you saying gamestop stores are not honoring tiv listed and saved on the app?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
App or website. GS employees almost never match anything other than the POS in my experience, despite being able to. Kinda makes the 'present this value to a store associate' line useless huh.

Picked up Link’s Awakening. Traded for extra 20% towards it last week and only put $5 down on it. I asked if it is eligible for the full trade back value and they said yes until the end of business Sunday. I’m elite pro and the code is on my receipt.

Also meant to say that I got $9.80 for Horizon Zero Dawn (elite) without having to get it manually changed. My trade values were all what they were supposed to be

The fuck is wrong with GS's website. Can't even sort by low to high correctly.

S9ohTBb.png
It's sorting based on regular price, which on one hand is nice as you can more easily see if higher priced items are discounted more, but an annoyance since you expect it to sort on sale price. A lot of things still not working correctly on the site. Maybe they'll be fixed in the next 3-6 months.

Cag16 is working for me on used games that are discounted because of Pro Day. The Lego games in particular are $18.99 used, so $12.76 with Elite Pro and Cag16. Just might have to bite on Lego Harry Potter and DC Villains.

I put $5 on Zelda before and when I picked it up the code for 48hr return was on the receipt. Also extra 20% towards Zelda is still working.
can you please show the bottom of the receipt? does it say 48 hours of pickup? or anyone else

Went to the store today to trade in games but couldn't because the fingerprint scanner does not work. Was told it has been glitching for couple of days. Ask about "Man of Medan" - was told not in system. I ended up buying an opened new copy of Judgment. (She was going to tell me that the Judgment game couldn't be found but the game box was on the shelf.)

Are there any trade bonuses happening on pro day? Page looks barren.
The long answer, it's kind of hit or miss on whether or not they'll stack with the previous trade-in bonuses from before the Pro Day sale went live, and there appears to be a YMMV for people who can get it to stack sometimes, and others, no such luck.

The best approach is to either call the store, or go there, and try it out, and see what you can and can't get away with, as it does seem fairly YMMV on whether or not you can get some of the bonuses to stack.

The short answer,

tenor.gif

I traded in Lego Worlds (NSW) and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition and the $5 attached to both. Horizon originally rang up as $2.00, so I had to show my saved trade quote, but the associate manually fixed it.

Did anyone trade in any ps4, xbox or switch games today and get the 5 dollar extra?

What Xbox controllers are part of the sale, and are used ones on sale too?

On the website it says add to cart to see price and when you do it’s still $69.99 (Phantom White for example)

Also anyone trade a console in towards the Switch or Switch Lite? I'm wondering if consoles got the same bump as electronics?
I traded in my N3ds XL and got $100 for it towards the regular switch. My friend traded in his PS4 500gb towards the switch lite and got $125.

ede143561b.jpg

Thanks noobcake, 

I wanted to trade in my XB1S but $125-$150 is just a bit too low.  Hopefully there's one last promo where I can get up to $200 for it before the next gen comes out. 

The iPhone 7 Plus and Galaxy S9 actually get $300 (instead of $200) for Pro Day weekend so I was hoping consoles might get a Pro Day bump as well...

I see the website continues to work as advertised. No listings show up most of the time I search for something and I have to search for it in Google instead to actually get me into the listing. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back