2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
B1G1 50%! includes 3ds now which is new to this promo. Typically do these promos tend to be a in store only thing or online as well?

Picked up my preorder for Ghostbusters on Switch, it came with a “guaranteed to love it” full credit return code.

I guess I missed that this was included in the program (not that it matters to me, keeping this one myself).

Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there

I still haven't received my $10 Code Vein reward. Anyone else suffering the same fate? Wanted to reach out before calling customer service again.

Picked up my preorder for Ghostbusters on Switch, it came with a “guaranteed to love it” full credit return code.

I guess I missed that this was included in the program (not that it matters to me, keeping this one myself).

Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there
That might be for the best based on how the physical version seems to have issues that the digital version doesn't, at least on PS4:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/265202-ghostbusters-the-video-game-remastered/78062846

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/265202-ghostbusters-the-video-game-remastered/78062095

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/265202-ghostbusters-the-video-game-remastered/78062639

I still haven't received my $10 Code Vein reward. Anyone else suffering the same fate? Wanted to reach out before calling customer service again.
I have not received mine yet. I called this morning and they told me to call again on Wednesday due to the terms and conditions stating that it may take up to 7 business days. Their customer service does not seem very consistent, so your mileage may vary regarding this.

Haha well I traded in my X1S for $200 (bought an X1X for $175 at Meijer) and already have 10+ Switch games I want to play.
Was this over a year ago? I've been looking for a chance to unload my S for $200...but the most I've noticed in a while is $175 towards an X.

Over the summer was $200 (X1S 500GB) toward a Switch though I returned the Switch for credit after hearing new models were coming.
Could I use this promo to upgrade my old Switch to a new Switch? $250 towards a One X then return the One X and pick up a New Switch with the $25 gift card? So basically a $25 upgrade.

Could I use this promo to upgrade my old Switch to a new Switch? $250 towards a One X then return the One X and pick up a New Switch with the $25 gift card? So basically a $25 upgrade.
Edit: I'm spreading false information, ignore me.

Yes, but you need a gift receipt for the Xbox One X and need to be smart about it. If you return it with the regular receipt, they will see that you got bonus credit for your switch towards the Xbox and will only return the value of just a regular switch trade in. When doing the return (possibly at another GameStop) if you don't give them your PUR details, I think you get to keep the points for trading in your switch and buying the Xbox.
What is with people spreading false information lately? If you don't know what you're talking about, don't post. They cannot legally change the return value that is on your receipt. You may get a JD employee that refuses to return it or draw attention to your account. But once you sign for the trade-in, it is legally binding and cannot be changed.

What is with people spreading false information lately? If you don't know what you're talking about, don't post. They cannot legally change the return value that is on your receipt. You may get a JD employee that refuses to return it or draw attention to your account. But once you sign for the trade-in, it is legally binding and cannot be changed.
Really? Back in 2018 when GameStop had a promotion for 3ds towards a new Switch, I traded in my 3ds for $100 credit towards the Switch. Later decided I didn't really want the Switch at the time so when the employee processed the return, I got about $265, the $200 I paid out of pocket and $65 trade in value for the 3ds. I just kept the Switch instead. Not trying to spread false information so I'll just edit my original post.

Really? Back in 2018 when GameStop had a promotion for 3ds towards a new Switch, I traded in my 3ds for $100 credit towards the Switch. Later decided I didn't really want the Switch at the time so when the employee processed the return, I got about $265, the $200 I paid out of pocket and $65 trade in value for the 3ds. I just kept the Switch instead. Not trying to spread false information so I'll just edit my original post.
Yeah I've heard of the major JD employees doing that. Definitely not allowed.

I would have burned the employee on a survey. Chances are they’ve done it to other people and gotten away with it.

If you want to do a system transfer of your account to the new switch, this would be impractical.

Thinking of trading in a ps4 pro and switch toward an xbox one x in the ad promo. I assume new Xbox One X means I can get the $400 nba 2k bundle.

Wanted to make sure I needed a gift receipt or if I can just return the xbox 1x using the regular receipt at a different store. Also wanted to make sure they'd take $550 of trade in (switch+ps4pro promo) for a $400 system and give a gift card for the rest. Any help is appreciated since I don't trade a lot anymore and haven't kept up with this thread like I used to.

Man...my order of Solatorobo Red the Hunter was cancelled just now. Ordered it two weeks ago and it never even went into 'Preparing for Shipment' status. Was stuck on 'Awaiting Product Availability' since I bought it.

Was going to buy Persona 5, but don't have time for a 100 hour rpg. Seems a bit boring. Have too much to play right now.

The $15 off coupon expires at the end of the year, so plenty of time. Might wait for a sale on code vein.

I was just asking my gamestop when they were going to start selling off the 3ds and DS game's yesterday and she said come back sunday. She's been hinting towards them getting rid of stock by February next year. I like that B1G1 50% on the handhelds.

Hmmm $150 trade credit for a Xbox One S is tempting. Thats the highest I've seen in a while. Not might be the time to pull the trigger; I want a PS4 for Death Stranding and TLOS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back