2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why these employee's even care. it's not like Gamestop have their backs or something. They are paid mickied wages and are ask to be top tier salesman. And once gamestops' done with them, they are toss out like a half eaten cheese burger... lol...

Gamestop employees are the epitome of current day slave labor.

I would have burned the employee on a survey. Chances are they’ve done it to other people and gotten away with it.

I don't understand why these employee's even care. it's not like Gamestop have their backs or something. They are paid mickied wages and are ask to be top tier salesman. And once gamestops' done with them, they are toss out like a half eaten cheese burger... lol...

Gamestop employees are the epitome of current day slave labor.
Do gamestop employees make good commission?

I could understand if they make a decent living like a car salesman, fortune 500 salesman (pepsi, coke, sysco,software, etc), etc.

The SGA at my old home store told me the 4 for $10 ($4.99 and under) is back tomorrow, but they usually start on Monday so it's probably actually Monday.

Do gamestop employees make commission?
EB employees used to get a small commission on Edge cards or GPG before the merger, can't remember which.

The SGA at my old home store told me the 4 for $10 ($4.99 and under) is back tomorrow, but they usually start on Monday so it's probably actually Monday.

EB employees used to get a small commission on Edge cards or GPG before the merger, can't remember which.
Odd was not on the ad.

So, I actually watched the video. First time I've watched one of his.

Please keep this stuff out of the thread.

It's not a deal. It doesn't affect trades or flipping. It's not a broader discussion about GameStop dying. It's "you WON'T BELIEVE what GameStop is making employees do!!! (SHOCKING!!! [emoji33] illegal??!!?)" YouTube crap that no one here cares about.

Thanks.

So, for the extra 20% bonus on trades - I can just put $5 of it towards, say, Luigi’s Mansion, and that’s it right? No need to dump all of the credit towards one game that I don’t really plan on actually picking up anytime soon? Might be frowned upon overall, but I can switch the deposit towards another game eventually?

Trying to get max value out of the few games I have that are worth anything.

So, for the extra 20% bonus on trades - I can just put $5 of it towards, say, Luigi’s Mansion, and that’s it right? No need to dump all of the credit towards one game that I don’t really plan on actually picking up anytime soon? Might be frowned upon overall, but I can switch the deposit towards another game eventually?

Correct! They will put the additional value on a GameStop Trade Card.

Just keep it a day and trade it back in my store loves it since it helps their trade commission they got $100 extra apparently not sure if it was for a week or month though but $100 is $100.

anyone has trouble redeeming GS rewards certificate online? i redeemed my points for $15 digital online cert yesterday and tried to use it on an in-stock item. it gave me error: Coupon cannot be added to your cart. i tried it today on a different item, still says the same thing.

So, I actually watched the video. First time I've watched one of his.
Please keep this stuff out of the thread.
It's not a deal. It doesn't affect trades or flipping. It's not a broader discussion about GameStop dying. It's "you WON'T BELIEVE what GameStop is making employees do!!! (SHOCKING!!! [emoji33] illegal??!!?)" YouTube crap that no one here cares about.
Thanks.
It's probably the dude making the video that posts it here

Does Elite Pro no longer stack with online deals? I’m trying to do the b1g1 50% off on 2 ps3 games and elite pro isn’t stacking. My membership doesn’t expire until November.

Anyone else having this problem?

$25 gift card with Switch fat is tempting as I'm in the market but know I should wait for BF deals.
This is where I'm at. I'm looking for a switch Lite but I'm trying to hold off. The best I've seen so far was 30 off so this doesn't beat it. I know I'm gonna wait and then end ip screwed when there's no deal on bf lol.

anyone has trouble redeeming GS rewards certificate online? i redeemed my points for $15 digital online cert yesterday and tried to use it on an in-stock item. it gave me error: Coupon cannot be added to your cart. i tried it today on a different item, still says the same thing.
It's been a know problem that online certs do not work. Many other CAGs have had problems in the past with online certs not working. You will have to contact CS to get back your points.

So yesterday I traded my X1S toward a used PS4 but when I looked at the used console they had I passed because it was really dirty and dusty so I rent with a refurb. Bad choice.

Long story short I played TLOS Remastered for about an hour before it froze up. Tried another game (Uncharted 4) and again it froze about 45 mins in. Decided to pop off the hard drive cover to see if maybe something was goofy there and the first thing I see is a reflow tech sticker. So I definitely will be returning.

I've heard a large amount of negative feedback from buying refurb and now I see why. Or maybe that's just my rotten luck.

This is where I'm at. I'm looking for a switch Lite but I'm trying to hold off. The best I've seen so far was 30 off so this doesn't beat it. I know I'm gonna wait and then end ip screwed when there's no deal on bf lol.
you are overthinking this anyway because the lite doesnt get the $25 gift card.

Does the $25 gift card and the free Starlink stack with the purchase of a new Switch system?

Seems like a good enough deal for me on a new with better battery life Switch purchase.  Then again there's Black Friday.

No love for Vita on the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off?

Does Elite Pro no longer stack with online deals? I’m trying to do the b1g1 50% off on 2 ps3 games and elite pro isn’t stacking. My membership doesn’t expire until November.

Yes I came here looking for a solution to the same problem. Trying to nab a few 3ds games and my 10% pro won't apply.

Damn. Finally. The PS4 Pro TIV is back to $300. I'm just concerned about returning the Xbox X because I don't want it. Is the staff going to give me a hard time for returning it? I would actually be interested in returning the Xbox One X for a New Nintendo Switch because there's a really good deal going on.

Debating DQ Builders 2 for $39.99 pre-owned (price just dropped), assuming my store has a like-new pre-owned version. Or do I just wait a month for the inevitable price drop to $15 or $20 bucks. Problem is, I have a $24.99 pre-owned certificate and no idea what to use it on. Choices. Choices.

I couldn't get my Elite discount to show up at all the other day. I had to log back in and add each item one by one to make sure the discount was under Promo Codes for each item during checkout before I could add CAG16.

Debating DQ Builders 2 for $39.99 pre-owned (price just dropped), assuming my store has a like-new pre-owned version. Or do I just wait a month for the inevitable price drop to $15 or $20 bucks. Problem is, I have a $24.99 pre-owned certificate and no idea what to use it on. Choices. Choices.
Which platform are you seeing DQ Builders 2 for $39.99? I'd love to pick up a Switch copy. Both the PS4 and Switch still show $54.99 for me on the website.

Which platform are you seeing DQ Builders 2 for $39.99? I'd love to pick up a Switch copy. Both the PS4 and Switch still show $54.99 for me on the website.
Oh, that is weird. I couldn't sleep last night and was perusing the website at like 4 or 5 AM and I am 100% sure I saw DQ Builders 2 for PS4 for 39.99 pre-owned and was debating making a trip over to my local gamestop. Now its back to regular price. Maybe it was a temporary glitch.

Yes I came here looking for a solution to the same problem. Trying to nab a few 3ds games and my 10% pro won't apply.
Yeah my elite pro only applies to the game getting the half off discount, and the 1st game is still full price (1st game $35, 2nd game $14.01). Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Oh, that is weird. I couldn't sleep last night and was perusing the website at like 4 or 5 AM and I am 100% sure I saw DQ Builders 2 for PS4 for 39.99 pre-owned and was debating making a trip over to my local gamestop. Now its back to regular price. Maybe it was a temporary glitch.
That was the price last week. Looks like that was a temporary sale price.

I had to do fresh install and swap out my 2TB HDD for the original 1TB that I took out. I had to reinstall the firmware but got the wrong one from Sony' site. It was annoying that it didn't tell me which one I got. My PS4 Pro trade in went smoothly until he was testing the controller and asked his coworker if it was drifting. I freaked out but he said no because it stayed within the red circle. I thought only switch joycons had a drifting problem.

Over a week later and I never got my Code Vein reward points. I called customer support and they claimed it was only a $5 coupon so they loaded 5000 points. Hoping I still get that $10 in the next day or two.

PUR is really going down the shitter.

its about dust/debris getting underneath the parts, which seems to be a problem with the current nintendo design, save for their pro controller.

theres a rumor that a newly announced switch lite revision will change that

its about dust/debris getting underneath the parts, which seems to be a problem with the current nintendo design, save for their pro controller.

theres a rumor that a newly announced switch lite revision will change that
wait, a revision to the lite that just came out 2 weeks ago?

yeah but since i read the article nintendo said the patent was for a version intended to be used at events only at this time
I think this was damage control on Nintendos part because this could potentially be a huge PR nightmare for Nintendo and I think they plan on doing a stealth launch with the revision

Over a week later and I never got my Code Vein reward points. I called customer support and they claimed it was only a $5 coupon so they loaded 5000 points. Hoping I still get that $10 in the next day or two.

PUR is really going down the shitter.
Customer support told me to wait until Wednesday because weekends are technically not "business days" and the terms and conditions states that we should receive the coupon within 7 business days. The fact that they aren't even consistent with themselves is concerning. I wonder what they're even going to say when I inevitably have to call them again on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back