2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the response. I understand the challenges you listed with day one updates and proprietary cartridges. My recommendation is to start with a system that scans optical media (e.g., all Playstation, all Xbox, Wii/Wii U, Gamecube, etc.) for readable sectors or and/or imperfections. That should cover the majority of trade-ins.
Not a bad idea at all. Sadly since Gamestop is corporate owned, that'd be a company issue to shell out money for each store. There are 1,000+ stores so they probably assume it wouldn't be cost effective. I mean... our registers run on Windows Vista, to show you how behind our technical setup is company wide. Lol But I definitely agree with you.

So how long until code vein drops $40 or below?

Have $15 off used coupon, but holding off for a better sale.

Seems to be a Niche game, so hoping for a used copy around $40.

Not a lot of drops Sunday going to run it again Monday Wednesday and Friday. Depending on my results there might just be a run for stealth bump day and each week.

Well which day would you the community prefer I run it assuming Monday Wednesday and Friday do not have massive changes done?

Not a lot of drops Sunday going to run it again Monday Wednesday and Friday. Depending on my results there might just be a run for stealth bump day and each week.

Well which day would you the community prefer I run it assuming Monday Wednesday and Friday do not have massive changes done?
No set day but Wednesdays & Sundays if possible because that 's the usual days of sales ads.

This is so weird, i tried to order 2 copy of the kingdom heart collector edition. First time it give me error, i try again same time and third time i used a different card and i still got error. But Accordign to my card, I got charged for all 3 of them but still error.
Sounds like your account got blocked. All those charges are pending but will go away after some time.

I'd like to take it in a different direction, instead of avoiding YouTube videos completely, let's double down and add more. I suggest review tech usa. And spawnwave media. Let's bring in ALL of the youtube personalities!!

No one forces you to watch it. So don't watch it?

Odd A Way Out PS4 costs $10 less used then new.

Wow did they do some drops recently.

Madden and FF 11 dropped in price.

Email from GS this morning showing Death Stranding pre-order gets 20% extra tic boost.
It was only after going into the store with my games and finding them fail to give this bonus, that I looked at the fine print on the email and saw this doesn't start until 10/21.

RE: the Xbox One X console trade in bonus... While in the store the rep rang up a mock transaction and confirmed that only one console traded in gets the bonus. He added a Switch first which got the $250, but then adding an Xbox One S just gave its base value. YMMV on having someone override that manually at your store. This is the way its been on the last few system trade bonuses, I just wanted to double check that was still the case.

It was only after going into the store with my games and finding them fail to give this bonus, that I looked at the fine print on the email and saw this doesn't start until 10/21.

RE: the Xbox One X console trade in bonus... While in the store the rep rang up a mock transaction and confirmed that only one console traded in gets the bonus. He added a Switch first which got the $250, but then adding an Xbox One S just gave its base value. YMMV on having someone override that manually at your store. This is the way its been on the last few system trade bonuses, I just wanted to double check that was still the case.
Damn. My bad as I didn't even see the date on the email. Why advertise a trade in bonus 2-3 weeks in advance? 🤦‍♂️

No one forces you to watch it. So don't watch it?

Odd A Way Out PS4 costs $10 less used then new.
Wow did they do some drops recently.

Madden and FF 11 dropped in price.
No but people should stop sharing those crap tastic videos on here. YouTube personalities have no clue wtf they are talking about when it comes to companies, They are desperate for views so they make shit up.

Just make a separate thread for all the YouTube videos. The 'deal' is the amount of knowledge packed into each video. They'll make you a galaxy brain in no time flat.

is it any xbox x? like the $399 nba?

Are there any other games giving the 20% trade in boost besides modern warfare and ghost Recon?

Also, if I already have modern warfare pre-ordered (5 down) but trade something in and use that to pay off the rest of the pre order, do I still get the 20% bonus?

Are there any other games giving the 20% trade in boost besides modern warfare and ghost Recon?

Also, if I already have modern warfare pre-ordered (5 down) but trade something in and use that to pay off the rest of the pre order, do I still get the 20% bonus?
yes, you can actually only apply $5 to the preorder and it will still give you the boost.

But isn't Ghost Recon out now? I was thinking about doing some trades but saw GR was the only bonus right now and it's out and I don't actually want to buy it.
yeah, i was referring to the preorder of modern warfare

When I tried to do this for Ghost Recon, the associate at my store just applied my trades toward a new pre-order. I assumed they would've seen that I already had a pre-order open for GR and apply it to that, but they never said anything to inform me of what they did either way. I found out later by looking at my pre-orders in the app that I had two PS4 copies listed.

When I called to ask about it, she said because I wanted to take advantage of the 20% bonus, she created a new one. At the end of the day, I was able to transfer one to the other, so not a big deal overall.

So I ordered the Starlink: Battle for Atlas Starship:  "Cerberus" and got "Lance."   What are the odds of Gamestop sending me "Lance" again, if I were to order "Cerberus" again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back