2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if anyone remembers, posted about this lot:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/2hsAAOSw1RpdpdVL/s-l1600.jpg

Got some good and bad news....

Keep in mind payed $40.

DS4 works, tried MW and all buttons worked well. Just need to clean.

3 DS3 untested for now.

All 4 PS2 controllers are broken, only start button works.

Gamcube controllers are mostly fine, just cosmetic issues. 3 OEM ones work, 3 fake ones work.

Both OEM N64 controllers work, but sticks are lose.

Both OEM Xbox one controllers work.

One is Advanced warfare version, missing battery cover.

Other is newer model with 3.5mm jack,no battery cover. Had broken trigger/plastic, it works, but clip is broken.

I can make my money back, trading in both xbox one controllers, but not sure if they'll refurb fee for no battery cover?

Keep in mind, haven't opened them yet to clean.

I need a refresher: was the "no more than 1 copy of a game per trade" rule hard-coded into the register, or was it only something likely to get your account flagged by a JD?

I need a refresher: was the "no more than 1 copy of a game per trade" rule hard-coded into the register, or was it only something likely to get your account flagged by a JD?
Official rule, best to trade in the second copy at another store or another day.

It's a rule but not coded into the register. I traded two copies of a 3ds game not too long ago but called ahead to make sure it was ok first.

I feel like my local stores have been my best "promo" recently. It looks like, for the second time in about 2 months, an order I placed online for store pickup that I picked up and traded-in at another store towards a pre-order, was not flagged in their system as picked up. I got an email reminding me that the items are waiting for me at the store. The last time that happened, the order was eventually cancelled, and a giftcard was mailed to me for the purchase price.

I haven't been able to make the b2g1 deal work favorably yet (missed out when NBA 2K20 was selling for $38 and trading for $23 yesterday), but this makes up for it  :D/

So does gamestop accept broken 360/PS3 controllers? I've heard retro trade ins must be working.

Is 360/ps3 considered retro now?

So is power up rewards points redemption broken on the new site? I login and go to rewards center and it says "We are sorry, but no rewards were found."
It's just the website being screwy. At the same time you also can't check your Order status/history, can't check gift card balances and can't add items to Wishlist. Really wish they would clean this up.

Quick question, looked my wii classic controller and picture is of a 3rd party.

Wanted to trade in, but has picture of power a third party instead of real one.
Gamestop hasn't ever accepted third party controller right?

Just received a $10 rewards certificate, but I am not sure if it is from my Outer Worlds or Modern Warfare pre-order. The available on date is 10/26/19 and the expiration date is 11/22/19. Has anyone else received their rewards cash yet? 

They're definitely supposed to plug them in and test them. Most of the guys in my home store don't bother with doing it for me, but one sticks to the rules. I think it depends how packed the store is and or if you have a good relationship with them.

They're definitely supposed to plug them in and test them. Most of the guys in my home store don't bother with doing it for me, but one sticks to the rules. I think it depends how packed the store is and or if you have a good relationship with them.
If you look like this, then they will definitely check your controllers.

vewep.jpg

here in cali, if the barcode or serial number is faded or missing, they wont accept it.

I assume that the $10 certificate that I received is for purchasing The Outer Worlds, then. It doesn't seem like anyone has received the rewards cash for Modern Warfare yet. Knowing the GameStop website, I wonder if it's actually going to give me both or if it will trigger some glitch in the system.

I just got a response to the email i sent last week telling me that they promise that the NEXT time I respond to the email I'll get a response from a real representative.

Anybody have any info on the Merry Mint pickaxe code that Gamestops will supposedly be giving away with any Fortnite purchase? The item is live in game now

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Employee tried to apply a $3 disc protection to my cod game even though I literally told him “I’m good I don’t need that.” Do I burn on survey??

So traded in 2 xbox one controllers($11.80 each),1 DS3($3.40) and xbox 360 controller(2.75). Got $30 after refurb fees, which is fine as they are broken.

They wouldn't take my other 360 controller with thumbsticks peeled.Might just donate it.

Paid $40 for the lot, basically made my money back. Kept working DS4,just needs sticks replaced. 3 working gamecube controllers, 2 N64 controllers and other stuff.

Anybody have any info on the Merry Mint pickaxe code that Gamestops will supposedly be giving away with any Fortnite purchase? The item is live in game now

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
We got ours in. They are supposed to be handed out with fortnite product purchases the second week of november.

Employee tried to apply a $3 disc protection to my cod game even though I literally told him “I’m good I don’t need that.” Do I burn on survey??
there was one who did that without me saying yes or him asking if i needed. before i pay, i noticed the price is higher than how much it suppose to be. i asked why is it that expensive. he said oh for some reason the warranty got added. got home and did the survey and complained. came back weeks later, he no longer working at lamestop. got that mudda sukka fired.

Jack Drone for $200 is just low enough for people who want it to get it but just high enough that it isn't flippable. 

Rest of the online sale is garbage. Idk who thought it was a good idea to make dragon ball ball sets when you can get chinese fakes that have been around for probably decades that are just as good at a fraction of the price. Unless of course they are just rebranded chinese fakes then kudos. 

Rest of the online sale is garbage. Idk who thought it was a good idea to make dragon ball ball sets when you can get chinese fakes that have been around for probably decades that are just as good at a fraction of the price. Unless of course they are just rebranded chinese fakes then kudos.
I was tempted for $30, but I think they're too small. I prefer the 4-inch (I think) diameter knock offs.

Jack Drone for $200 is just low enough for people who want it to get it but just high enough that it isn't flippable.

I just added the drone to my cart and there was a 20% off collectibles coupon that dropped it down to $159.99. Wonder if this coupon is for everyone or special to me?

Yesterday night, I made a purchase of digital gift cards thru the website. The order was taking to long to process and give me my codes, so I stupidly cancelled the order. I see that it said gift card purchases will be refunded with an egift card. Is that supposed to be automatic after a few days? Or is that just yet another pain in the ass part about dealing with gamestop that I'm going to have to call and be on hold for 2 hours for? I checked if it was just refunded automatically and it was not. The amount is still missing.

Yesterday night, I made a purchase of digital gift cards thru the website. The order was taking to long to process and give me my codes, so I stupidly cancelled the order. I see that it said gift card purchases will be refunded with an egift card. Is that supposed to be automatic after a few days? Or is that just yet another pain in the ass part about dealing with gamestop that I'm going to have to call and be on hold for 2 hours for? I checked if it was just refunded automatically and it was not. The amount is still missing.
I had to wait on hold to get my funds back after they cancelled an online order paid with trade credit.

B2G1 is currently going on right now for pre-owned PS4/XB1 games 10/27 - 11/2. Only saw it online today, I'm surprised no else mentioned it.

CyETOl8.jpg

I have a quick question about GS trade-in.  If I trade in a PS4 and games toward a Switch and Luigi's Mansion 3 will they give an extra 20% on everything on just on whatever equals the value of the game?

Thanks

I have a quick question about GS trade-in. If I trade in a PS4 and games toward a Switch and Luigi's Mansion 3 will they give an extra 20% on everything on just on whatever equals the value of the game?
Thanks
20% on everything (all games, not your console)

there was one who did that without me saying yes or him asking if i needed. before i pay, i noticed the price is higher than how much it suppose to be. i asked why is it that expensive. he said oh for some reason the warranty got added. got home and did the survey and complained. came back weeks later, he no longer working at lamestop. got that mudda sukka fired.
This guy was shady af. I specifically said no I don’t want that when he asked and then he applied it anyway and gave me the total to pay. Knowing something was off I said did you just apply the $3 protection even though I just told you I did not want it? And he tried to play it off by saying oh yea I was going to ask you if you had wanted it or not. Like bitch you just applied it to the total anyway and already asked to which I said no... lying asshole. Bet he does this to other people a lot too.

I did the "Guaranteed to Love It" promo with COD and I used a $10 PUR reward on it and the store manager said that she'd only give me back the amount I paid and not the $10. I'm going to contact CS because that seems like some bullshit. 

I did the "Guaranteed to Love It" promo with COD and I used a $10 PUR reward on it and the store manager said that she'd only give me back the amount I paid and not the $10. I'm going to contact CS because that seems like some bullshit.
So she overrode the system and instead of giving you the $59.99 gave you $49.99 in credit? If so, go ahead and blast her.

Yeah, I used a $25 reward cert on it, and I got the full $59.99 trade value when I brought it back.

I used a full $60 in certs for Code Vein and got $59.99 back for that so that's just the manager being a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back