2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck tonight at my store. They had a plug and play WWE game for $10 that qualified for the system promo. Also had used copies of Luigi's Mansion 3, and Witcher for Switch. Ended up buying RE2 and Sekiro as well for $18ish each.

Division 2 for $12 and Rage 2 new for $20. Not bad. Saw a used sekiro in my store but I think Dark Souls is trash so I'll be skipping on the game. A pretty good pro day overall deals-wise.
Well Sekiro isn't anything like those and is amazing, so your loss unfortunately! EDIT (I don't like Dark Souls, love Sekiro)

I went in to my local GS to browse and one of the clerks sold 3 pro memberships during the time I was there. He was convincing parents by telling them that they could use the $5 on vbucks every month. He told them that they were basically paying $15 for $65 worth of vbucks and would also get access to the pro day sales. He tried it out on me when my son bought a cheap DS game but I passed. It does sound convincing when you think about it.

Fortunately, my boys are worn out on Fortnite. They play once in a while to goof around but not enough to buy the pass or vbucks. Now I just need to convince the wife to let them play Borderlands 3.
Damn that's actually an amazing sales strategy for people who wouldn't normally want the card. I'd write that dude a good survey just for being savvy like that.

i did return n rebuy monster hunter ps4 pro and brought along with bunch of games but the extra 20% didn’t work on any of the games only my elite membership. im gonna try the wwe tomorrow

Good luck tonight at my store. They had a plug and play WWE game for $10 that qualified for the system promo. Also had used copies of Luigi's Mansion 3, and Witcher for Switch. Ended up buying RE2 and Sekiro as well for $18ish each.
do u have the link or photo of the wwe plug n play?

Sorry it took so long and I didn't make it smaller
7dAaY6wr.jpg

Thanks for the heads up! I saw this in store and was wondering if it still qualified.

Tried to buy division 2 tonight but apparently the $10 reward for buying outer worlds and call of duty didn't work with pro day deals. Tried to scan the coupon on my phone and use it in active offers on their end and they said it wouldn't apply. Maybe I'll try it on a used copy tomorrow.

Tiv for wii sports and wii sports resort is $5.

Wish the later had a higher tiv. Wasnt this like around $14 months ago? Should we wait?
Both have previously been part of the Stealth Bumps, but have NOT been included in the past 2 or 3 months so it's hard to say if they will be be bumped again or not.

I apologize if this has been asked before but, can you go instore and get the dotd item at that price or is it an online only thing? Pokemon Sun at that price would make for a nice birthday gift for the nephew. Also can you use PUR certificates on Pro Day sale items? Would like to use a $5 cert. and get Sekiro for myself.

So is the B2G1 the only reason to renew for another year right now? My pro expires in May 2020 and I have the physical magazine (which I like). I assume everyone will start getting $5 coupons in Jan and lose the 10% off preowned in March anyways? Thought I saw somewhere you get a $5 coupon instantly for re-upping, is that true?

Also, if i use points to get an renewal code emailed, I assume I just bring it into the store? 

Sorry for all the questions, first time GS pro member!

In case anyone was wondering it seems the $50 reward cash for buying a new PS4 works on bundles too. Picked up the death stranding pro yesterday and have the 50k bonus points as of this morning. 

I can confirm that clicking on “renew” when your elite pro has expired does renew your elite pro. My membership expired on Monday and I renewed last night online and now have elite pro for another year.

Havent received my b2g1 free coupon so renewing online yesterday probably didnt work. Contemplating on canceling it but i imagine it takes a really long phone call.

I can confirm that clicking on “renew” when your elite pro has expired does renew your elite pro. My membership expired on Monday and I renewed last night online and now have elite pro for another year.
Not exactly Elite Pro. You'll maintain the discount until spring, which is when it goes away for everyone. Then you'll only get the $5 monthly certificates. But you only paid $15, so it's still worth jumping on if you know you'll be doing some shopping or trading between now and then.

Went in this morning and traded in $129.20 worth of stuff.  Took about five minutes.  Probably could have dumped more games, but that was enough for one day.  I did the math before I went into the store to make sure that all of the games traded in for the right amount.

My plan is to buy one of the new model Switches, but I'm waiting to see if any deals pop up in the next few weeks other than the one for the Mario Kart 8 bundle since those bundles will include the old model Switches that Nintendo is attempting to sell to an unsuspecting public.  So I didn't buy anything and promptly exited the store.

Not exactly Elite Pro. You'll maintain the discount until spring, which is when it goes away for everyone. Then you'll only get the $5 monthly certificates. But you only paid $15, so it's still worth jumping on if you know you'll be doing some shopping or trading between now and then.
Derp derp... yes, I’m aware of the changes. They’ve been discussed for pages and pages. Regardless, I was able to renew elite pro for a year through the website even though it was discontinued over a year ago.

I renewed online about 20 minutes ago. How long does it take for it to process? It doesn't show that I renewed (still shows expired) and it doesn't even show up in my order history.

My elite pro is still good through october 2020. Any way for me to preemptively renew to take advantage of this?
You're not taking advantage of anything. This is only good for those that don't currently have an active membership. Everyone is still getting moved to the new Pro membership in Spring 2020.

Side note: Tried placing an order with trade credit and got the "Transaction declined" message. Why do I get the feeling this is going to happen during BF?

I can't get trade credit to go through no matter what I try. My account, wife's account, check out as guest, on my desktop, on my phone, her phone, her laptop, US VPN, international VPN - all won't go and also give errors about credit card info I have to correct in conjunction. 

Guy above me may be on to something, but not a solution if you have $100 in credit and only want something that's $50, unfortunately.

You're not taking advantage of anything. This is only good for those that don't currently have an active membership. Everyone is still getting moved to the new Pro membership in Spring 2020.

Side note: Tried placing an order with trade credit and got the "Transaction declined" message. Why do I get the feeling this is going to happen during BF?
I’m still holding out hope that existing elite pro survives the transition...it did for BB so you never know lol

I'm less than 2000 points from getting a $25 used cert but I have no clue how to get there without spending unnecessary money to do so. Don't really shop AT GS like I used to

Wait where are you guys able to renew online? Got an expired pro account I could definitely use that discount on.

I’m still holding out hope that existing elite pro survives the transition...it did for BB so you never know lol
I dont think it will. Many employees online are saying that they were told that Elite Pro members are going away. They are also worried about those people who reupped for multiple years before they took it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back