2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else have any luck using Cod or outer worlds $10 rewards on pro day items? Division 2 didn't work for me yesterday and not sure I want to make the trip again tonight to try it on a used copy.

I traded in 17 PS4 games, 8 didn't get the $5 bonus. They were all $2 or $3 games. Employee fixed it no problem. But the real highlight was what they had in their DS case. Complete, like brand new, Dragon Quest IV, V, VI, and IX. I snapped those up so fast, lol. There was a Chrono Trigger DS too, but no manual and they wanted $40, so I passed.

I also had an issue with the $5 bonus on a few games.
Fallout 4 ps4
Dishonored 2 ps4
Uncharted 4
Arkham knight ps4
MGS V PS4

In my case they didn't apply the $5 for me, just said sorry we don't have a way to change trade prices.
I did get $17 for Horizon Zero dawn complete edition though.. took awhile to flip that from when it was $10

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I also had an issue with the $5 bonus on a few games.
Fallout 4 ps4
Dishonored 2 ps4
Uncharted 4
Arkham knight ps4
MGS V PS4

In my case they didn't apply the $5 for me, just said sorry we don't have a way to change trade prices.
I did get $17 for Horizon Zero dawn complete edition though.. took awhile to flip that from when it was $10

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I would definitely go back when a manager is there, or go to another store. The promo is the promo, they can't just decide not to honor it at random.

The games i had that didn't come up correctly, all PS4:
BlackGuards 2

Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens

Mutant Football League

World to the West

Order 1886

Song of the Deep

Troll & I

Uncharted 4

There hasnt been a good DotD since it started, so not sure what you're on about.
On Wednesday, I was able to get BB to price match the DotD $17 for Bloodstained PS4 deal and then with their Rewards Mystery Promo, got $5 off. Pretty happy to get Bloodstained for $12.

Cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not. You only save $6 and if you take advantage of the 4 for 20 you only save $2. Especially when you can get Division 2 now for $12.
Nah, sarcasm would've been me saying I nabbed The Division on PS4 for $3 instead of the normal $5 and considered it a win. That $6 saved on the XB1 version is money I can use toward something else.

I had already picked up Division 2 on XB1 when it was on sale last time for $18 used ($20 new). After PUR discount, some trade cred, and a $5 pre-owned cert I didn't have to pay any difference.

So say what you will. I can't help it if you or anyone else here doesn't like it. Every CAG goes about things in their own way.

Once again, they forgot to put games on sale.
It is probably intentional because of the imminent release of their Pre-Black Friday and official Black Friday ads next week. The accumulation of used games from trades during this Pro-Day weekend period will also prime them for some sort of pre-owned promotion (ala B2G1 sale). I just hope GS has the fortitude to liquidate their old-gen library (PS3/XB360/DS/VIta) in a massive way (ala B1G2 sale or 75% off).

On Wednesday, I was able to get BB to price match the DotD $17 for Bloodstained PS4 deal and then with their Rewards Mystery Promo, got $5 off. Pretty happy to get Bloodstained for $12.
Lucky - I did an online chat with them on my lunch break trying to get them to price match it, and after having me wait for 10-15 mins the guy finally tells me they can't price match it because they don't match "competitors' 'deal of the day' sales".

For anyone having trouble using gift cards/trade credit to pay in full, consider sending an email to [email protected] and letting them know this isn't an isolated issue. It wouldn't surprise me if GameStop corporate has no clue there's a problem. If enough people complain, they might actually look it. In the past, their response times to that email address have been a few days versus two months using the form on the site.

Hi. Any 4 for $10 or 4 for $20 deals?

Anyone know if in store still doing 50% off all clearance? Saw some collectibles priced online and wondering if the 50% apply on top if purchased in store.

Fyi oro membership expired so im not sure if the 50% is related

I'd call getting The Division for XB1 for $3 a win considering it's normally $9.
I missed the dotd. Picked up the division gold edition xbox one for $11 brand new from target while getting assassin creed odyssey gold for $32. This was 2 weeks ago.

Anyone know whats in the gold edition and was it worth it?

I preordered and picked up Outer Worlds and MW. I received one $10 rewards cash coupon about 10 days later. I just assumed it was for MW and outer Worlds just wasn't going to happen. I bought Mario and Sonic on Friday. Today I got another $10 rewards cash coupons so I'm not sure if it's for OW or M&S. Says it expires tomorrow though

End of an era. Went to pick up a bunch of game's last night and

Finally trade banned again. Over $2000 dollar's of trade in caught attention again. Well Final Fantasy 7 will be the last game i get from them.

Where is the $5 trade in bonus promo on the app or website?

I cannot find it

I would definitely go back when a manager is there, or go to another store. The promo is the promo, they can't just decide not to honor it at random.

The games i had that didn't come up correctly, all PS4:
BlackGuards 2
Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens
Mutant Football League
World to the West
Order 1886
Song of the Deep
Troll & I
Uncharted 4

I realized why the 20% off with console purchase wasn't working for me yesterday in-store. It was not applying to the games that had a Pro-Day discount. So it only works with games that aren't on sale for Pro Day weekend, YMMV.

If you were just picking up then how did you find out you were trade banned? Usually you only know if you try and trade something in.
Tried trading in 2 wii remotes and some need for speed xbox game.

I can still trade in just not with my pro. Yesterday need for speed was going for 8 with the tradr bonus. Without it was 3. I buy thousands of dollar's of lot's so i use GS kinda like a pawn shop. Is what it is. Gotta make an ebay account

Without pro the store blows

Lucky - I did an online chat with them on my lunch break trying to get them to price match it, and after having me wait for 10-15 mins the guy finally tells me they can't price match it because they don't match "competitors' 'deal of the day' sales".
Yeah, this is very much YMMV. I was in-store and a manager was called over to approve the price match. He took a long look at it and approved. Could have gone either way. It may have helped that it was also $17 on Amazon that day as a “fresh” price, which I pointed out.

Hey guys whats the promo code for the 20% off games when you purchase a console I got the plug and play wrestlemania and I dont know if it went through or it was pro day promo

the promo code on receipt says: 23442

Anyone know if 2$ value PS4 games are still glitching and not getting the 5$ bonus?
It's too late now but, yes, there were still issues with automatically receiving the $5 bonus mid-afternoon. I traded in 8 games and four had to be fixed manually. They were aware of the issue and honored the flier, no problem.

The 4 for $10 was still going on but I'm finding it impossible to come up with four games at the same store that I don't already own or want. Anyone know if this sale ended today? Really hoping for the 4 for $40 before year's end.

In case anyone has the same issue with being unable to log in despite changing passwords over and over, I deleted and redownloaded the app, and when I opened it for the first time, I was already logged in. Have been locked out for a week, support has been no help (5 calls ending in "oh I'll send you a link to change your password") and I'm still locked out on desktop, but at least I redeemed my points.

In case anyone has the same issue with being unable to log in despite changing passwords over and over, I deleted and redownloaded the app, and when I opened it for the first time, I was already logged in. Have been locked out for a week, support has been no help (5 calls ending in "oh I'll send you a link to change your password") and I'm still locked out on desktop, but at least I redeemed my points.
I think you posted about this a few days and mentioned I had the same issue that ended up with me having to make a new account (after calling 6 different times in a 2 week period).

Anyone have their browser on android phone redirect (phishing) when on accessing gamestop website? I scanned with malawarbytes and avast: nothing. Deleted browser (firefox) and now chrome is doing same thing.  Could it be their mobile website?

I think you posted about this a few days and mentioned I had the same issue that ended up with me having to make a new account (after calling 6 different times in a 2 week period).
Yep. An ASL at my old store had the same outcome as you, but the reps I talked to couldn't promise I'd get to keep my Elite discount if we went that route. Not that it'll matter soon anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back