2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played a few hours of Jedi Fallen Order and now I am having second thoughts about trading it in with the G2L promo.   The game is really good. 

Yeah the cheap side of me is going to end up winning and trading it back in with the G2L.  My main critique of the game (and it's growing bigger by the second) is actually the way enemies are done...not enough interaction with interesting bad guys and waaay too much fighting frogs, dogs, hogs, animals and insects lol.  

Nice picked up two PS4 controller's off of Offerup for $20 bucks. One came up good during the test and one was defective. Still got $50~ in trade credit and picked up a used copy of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order for the PS4 that was just traded in lol

I accidentally went over $2000 during the PS4/XB1 B2G1 2 weeks ago (I'm probably at $2,400 now), and haven't been banned yet. I wonder if something changed (or a correlation with not getting any points for trades), or promo/G2L values are figured in differently.

I've been trade banned for two years now.
My old roommate has been trade banned since Flippageddon 2017. Shortly after we all hit the limits, he went off on a store manager and had the DL or LP contacted to get it overturned. I'm assuming they went through his history and permabanned him, because ours all fell off after 90 days.

Am I seeing this right in the ad?  They're teasing a sale on Anthem next week in this week's ad?  WTF?

Just looking at the ad, there really is no point to this week's ad.    Seems like they're just phoning it in until their Black Friday sale.

Gamestop employees must be desperate for GPG's.  Employee added GPG to my transaction and said it was free.... I was confuse and wonder how that was even possible, but then eventually notice that that the bastard redeemed my pts to pay for the damn GPG..... 

Gamestop employees must be desperate for GPG's. Employee added GPG to my transaction and said it was free.... I was confuse and wonder how that was even possible, but then eventually notice that that the bastard redeemed my pts to pay for the damn GPG.....
Burn them on the survey, say exactly what they did and ask for a leader to call you and maybe you can get your points back without having to call customer service. I would also take the games back and return them on that employee, as that hurts them. I had a cashier add GPG to all of my purchases and then try to rush me through the payment so I wouldn't notice and then gave me pushback when i did notice so I burned them on the survey and I never saw them again.

Am I seeing this right in the ad? They're teasing a sale on Anthem next week in this week's ad? WTF?

Just looking at the ad, there really is no point to this week's ad. Seems like they're just phoning it in until their Black Friday sale.
I'd suspect its coincidental but Anthem is supposedly getting a major overhaul.

https://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-plans-a-complete-overhaul-for-anthem-1839892415

Recent silence and a couple of high-profile departures from BioWare have led fans and pundits to speculate that the studio has abandoned its most recent game, Anthem, but the opposite is true. For the last few months, BioWare and parent company EA have been planning an overhaul of the online shooter, according to three people familiar with those plans. Some call it “Anthem 2.0” or “Anthem Next.”

Many of the details are still in flux, and there’s no clear timeline for the Anthem Next project just yet. In fact, from what I’ve heard, the developers at BioWare haven’t even decided how it’ll be distributed. They’re still figuring out whether updates should be released all at once or over an extended period of time. Anthem could be overhauled through a series of updates, a la No Man’s Sky, it could get a game-changing expansion like Destiny’s critically acclaimed Taken King. Most of Anthem’s biggest systems—its mission structure, its loot, its world—will change drastically, but the developers have not yet figured out exactly what that will look like. They’re even considering releasing Anthem Next as a brand new game, although those who work on the project said that could take a lot of forms (and it’s unlikely they’ll charge full-price to Anthem players).

Gamestop employees must be desperate for GPG's. Employee added GPG to my transaction and said it was free.... I was confuse and wonder how that was even possible, but then eventually notice that that the bastard redeemed my pts to pay for the damn GPG.....
I had that happen in September on my Pro subscription. Emp said it was expiring soon (didn't expire until December) but said I could renew it for free that day. Didn't notice for two months that he used my points to do it. Also caused the B2G1 to generate in September with a week left until it expired...so lost that one.

9zP5opCr.jpg
9va6oddr.jpg

An ad that went out this morning speaks more of the controller bonus:

Get The Newest colors For Less When You Trade
RECEIVE A $10 CREDIT BONUS WHEN YOU TRADE PS4, Xbox One, or Switch First Party Controllers**

**Offer valid 11.11 – 12.1 for PS4, XB1, and Switch 1st party controller trades only. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancell, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

On Switch, it seems they take JoyCons, Pro, general Wireless, and Gamecube (Switch) controllers.  Seems like a good time to upgrade worn controllers.

Since the offer extends to December, I suppose this means there won't be any big deals on controllers during BF.

Anyone try trading in a JoyCon grip?  It seems to be identified as a controller, since a controller protection plan can be added to it..

Noteworthy: I traded in a random third party Xbox One controller and it got the bonus.

Wired Switch controllers apparently work, too.

I'm pretty surprised that more people aren't taking advantage of the "Guaranteed to Love It" for Pokemon Sword and Shield. I get that there's more content there than Link's Awakening or something, but given how controversial the game has been, I figured more people would have wanted that "free rental" to experience the game firsthand without full-on committing.

Took in Star Wars today for the $60 credit and then rebought it so I could use my b2g1 free coupon. They thought it was weird but let me do it.

FYI - Tried to use my $5 pro coupon for $5 of Xbox or Nintendo credit and they said I had to get one of the physical cards, starting at $10. Picked up a $10 Nintendo eShop card for $5 (used trade credit). Not bad - thanks!

Anything good to buy for $5-$10?

Have $5 off physical item, online order, not looking to spend $35 for free shipping.

Need something I can pick up, $5 off still works on store pick up.

First time doing an in store pickup for items purchased online. How long does it typically take?

Also is there any way to actually check for price drops?

Anyone try trading in a JoyCon grip? It seems to be identified as a controller, since a controller protection plan can be added to it..
I just traded a pokeball plus (thanks to the person that posted they qualify, no thanks to the person who apparently without any knowledge posted that they don't), and 4 joy-cons. I tried trading in a couple of power grips and a comfort grip, neither kind of grip qualified for the $10 bonus - was worth a shot.

Does each type (pro, poke, joy) side (l/r) and or color (neon, gray, smash edition pro etc) get their own 4 per 30 day limits?

Thanks to everyone posting good info on the $10 bonus. The Switch holiday accessory bundle I bought a few months ago with the PUR coupon offer has a wired faceoff switch controller. Going to bring that in tomorrow for $18.

Does each type (pro, poke, joy) side (l/r) and or color (neon, gray, smash edition pro etc) get their own 4 per 30 day limits?
Yes.

Thanks to everyone posting good info on the $10 bonus. The Switch holiday accessory bundle I bought a few months ago with the PUR coupon offer has a wired faceoff switch controller. Going to bring that in tomorrow for $18.

Yes.
I was thinking of doing the same, please report back if it works.

Yes.
So if I trade in 5 fo the same I get banned?

When I went to GS today the guy working told me not to expect a normal Gamestop BF due to them trying to recoup record $ loss this year. There will be a sale but more like Pro day instead of Black Friday.

When I went to GS today the guy working told me not to expect a normal Gamestop BF due to them trying to recoup record $ loss this year. There will be a sale but more like Pro day instead of Black Friday.
that is so stupid it actually sounds like gamestop. the whole point of black friday is to earn the money to offset losses the rest of the year.

There is a reason he only works at store level. Anyone that suggests something so stupid doesn’t understand the point of BF.

Their Black Friday's are usually Pro Day sales with lower prices. If Gamestop does not decide to at least match the competition, their going to lose sales. 

While I'm sure the listing is legit and you have PayPal protection if not he says that it's "Like new. Used once" but the photo clearly shows a shrink-wrapped copy :whistle2:k

Excellent idea! If values hold I'll trade it in today!

Their Black Friday's are usually Pro Day sales with lower prices. If Gamestop does not decide to at least match the competition, their going to lose sales.
Speaking of GameStop and Black Friday...I wonder when we're going to see that ad?

I've got $23 in a GC there and I've held off on buying NHL20 in hopes that it will be $29.99 on BF

I see Playstation just announced their Black Friday deals. It mentions that the Greatest Hits that are normally $19.99 will be $9.99. Really hoping to use some TC so i pickup God of War so can complete all the side quest i didn't do the first time around 

So how would the $5 additional trade in for Switch games work with trades towards Pokémon (20%). Do you only get one promotion? Or will it add the 20% to the trade in value, plus the $5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back