2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody been keeping track of the Xbox One X trade values? Not looking to trade up towards a different console (i.e. not interested in the "trade x console towards y console") promos.

Hoping to get at least $250 TIC.

Honestly, I'm glad that gamestop did release a small sliver of their ad. I am still banking on that free Xbox 360 offer (we missed so many great games with backwards compatibility!) At the moment, it looks like they've beaten or tied Target/Best Buy/Walmart for all the games I am want from their ad. 

While I'm sure the listing is legit and you have PayPal protection if not he says that it's "Like new. Used once" but the photo clearly shows a shrink-wrapped copy :whistle2:k
It shipped and will be delivered tomorrow, I'm likely getting scammed....

He shipped a $20 game via Priority Mail Express 1-Day. That cost like $25, unless I'm missing something.

Guessing empty box and his account was hacked with CC on file? it shipped from address it said it would, not sure anymore.

Do reward certificates vanish when membership expires?
Nope, but you should be banking your points, so unless you have auto issue on certificates, your points aren't impacted even when your membership runs out since you technically are still a member, but just on a basic account now.

No because it's not really a deal at all. Anyone who has any interest in that is likely already doing both IRL. Why would you pay $20 to do it virtually?
giphy.gif

The GameStop Black Friday Early Deals:

https://www.gamestop.com/deals/black-friday-early-deals

It was mentioned earlier, but I don't think anyone linked it.

I suppose still a good time to buy a PS4 if you don't have one.  Good system for another year+, and it will be awhile before the PS5 gets good .. 2021-2022?  So still 2'ish+ year value.

XBox SAD is $100 off.  More baby seals cried.  That abomination should be free with an XBox Live/Pass service commitment..

No early Switch deals. :(

The GameStop Black Friday Early Deals:

https://www.gamestop.com/deals/black-friday-early-deals

It was mentioned earlier, but I don't think anyone linked it.

I suppose still a good time to buy a PS4 if you don't have one. Good system for another year+, and it will be awhile before the PS5 gets good .. 2021-2022? So still 2'ish+ year value.

XBox SAD is $100 off. More baby seals cried. That abomination should be free with an XBox Live/Pass service commitment..

No early Switch deals. :(
Hoping they do used OG Xbox Ome for $100-$130

Four stores near me have it in stock per GameStop.com but it won't let me place an order for in store pickup.
There's a chance it may be the last one at those stores.

I seem to recall having a hard time with this in the past with a particular store, and they told me that could be an issue.

The other conclusion is that GS website has been garbage for awhile now, so could just be giving you a hard time as a result.

The latter explanation is quite plausible. :p

is the gamestop early black friday deal also the gamestop black friday deal? or are we still waiting for gamestop black friday Ad?

is the gamestop early black friday deal also the gamestop black friday deal? or are we still waiting for gamestop black friday Ad?
From what is being said on Reddit, this is not the official BF sale, which, according to 2 GS stores, won't go out until the week of BF (anecdotal evidence, but it's what they say).

The early sale is likely just to help alleviate store stress when the games actually go on sale. Or maybe help a little ... will the system prices go lower still? Your guess is as good as mine .. but on Reddit the holiday hours were slashed, so I'm guessing "no". Corporate likely wants to eliminate turning customers away via long lines, due to reduced staff. I'm not expecting mind-blowing system deals.

Nintendo is sitting on old-stock MK8 bundles, which other retailers are advertising. I'm not anticipating huge deals from GS (unless they include a gift card for buying an old model). Controllers are getting the +$10 bonus for the rest of the month, so I doubt the special colors will be discounted.

I'm thinking just games for the "true" sale. I'm open to thoughts. Many GS store managers are complaining about not having the allocated hours to properly staff their stores, which isn't good. I really don't think corporate expects an influx of customers (they know more than we do). Time will tell.

It's interesting and sad at the same time.

From what is being said on Reddit, this is not the official BF sale, which, according to 2 GS stores, won't go out until the week of BF (anecdotal evidence, but it's what they say).

The early sale is likely just to help alleviate store stress when the games actually go on sale. Or maybe help a little ... will the system prices go lower still? Your guess is as good as mine .. but on Reddit the holiday hours were slashed, so I'm guessing "no". Corporate likely wants to eliminate turning customers away via long lines, due to reduced staff. I'm not expecting mind-blowing system deals.

Nintendo is sitting on old-stock MK8 bundles, which other retailers are advertising. I'm not anticipating huge deals from GS (unless they include a gift card for buying an old model). Controllers are getting the +$10 bonus for the rest of the month, so I doubt the special colors will be discounted.

I'm thinking just games for the "true" sale. I'm open to thoughts. Many managers are complaining about not having the allocated hours to properly staff their stores. I really don't think corporate expects an influx of customers. Time will tell.

It's interesting and sad at the same time.
Last year they had a $50 gift card with any Switch, PS4, XB1 excluding the $199.99 Slim PS4 1tb spider-man bundle and the $199.99 Xbox One S Minecraft bundle.

My hope is a $50 gift Card with The Jedi XB1S bundle but going by last year I doubt that happens.

Besides pawn shop stuff like Wii Sports and stuff you got during the XB/PS B2 sale weeks back, anything especially worth getting / trading this stealth bump? Switch stuff tanked, guess they could tank further to $20 or something but I really wanna play those games for a while

Debating whether or not I should bite the bullet on Outer Worlds. I have a $10 off reward so I could snag a used copy for $40. Based on Black Friday ads it doesn't look like Outer Worlds will be on sale.

Last year they had a $50 gift card with any Switch, PS4, XB1 excluding the $199.99 Slim PS4 1tb spider-man bundle and the $199.99 Xbox One S Minecraft bundle.

My hope is a $50 gift Card with The Jedi XB1S bundle but going by last year I doubt that happens.
It looks unlikely we’ll be getting gift card offers this year since none of the consoles in the GS ad list them.

Used my b2g1 free coupon today on Star Wars, Death Stranding, and Outer Worlds. I was glad to find the games I wanted relatively close together.

Wonder if they'll be giving away used OG 360s this year like they have the past few years with the rebate?  GS is still probably sitting on a ton of those ticking RROD bombs that no one wants.

It's not a huge deal if you aren't a hardcore trader that brushes against the quantity/dollar limits, but generally it is inadvisable to use your membership card to store your trade credit.

Reason being, if you ever get banned the balance on your membership card gets wiped out as well.
Definitely something to keep in mind, as I think I've come close once before. But that can't possibly be legal.

My district lost around $250,000 from Black Friday and apparently other districts did as well so I think they will be wise and not do a gift card offer with console.

My district lost around $250,000 from Black Friday and apparently other districts did as well so I think they will be wise and not do a gift card offer with console.
Where is this number coming from? I really doubt that Gamestop was selling enough stuff at a loss to reach that number.

Where is this number coming from? I really doubt that Gamestop was selling enough stuff at a loss to reach that number.
The $50 gift card was with console was huge hit last year and made us the console leader last holiday season. Unfortunately, this was not budgeted and destroyed our margin. That charge was levied against the stores P&L in hopes people would returned post Thanksgiving to then buy their games/accessories.

>

Our district alone last year was $250,000 over in sales vs plan but lost -$125,000 in margin.

Not sure how to link a specific reddit posts but there are other people that say the same thing they lost quite a bit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/dxo4j0/this_week_be_like/

Black Friday is next level. Plus, you need to remember that every Gamestop in my area, for example, is within walking distance of either a Best Buy, Walmart or Target so families split off to grab everything they need.

My Gamestop sold terrible within the first year to 2 years it was there. But the Black Friday cash deposit was so huge I gave a quick thought to taking it to my car and starting a new life LoL

But yea, never underestimate Black Friday retail. It's still almost the savior of the whole year for some businesses.

Nintendo has their (GameStop included) BF lineup revealed on:

https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/deals/

$39.99 MSRP for games:

DK: Tropical Freeze

Kirby Star Allies

Legend of Zelda: BOTW

Mario Tennis Aces

Octopath Traveller

Splatoon 2

Super Mario Odyssey

Super Mario Party

Wolfenstein II

Participating retailers:
Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Walmart
Offer available 11/27–12/1 while supplies last. See participating retailers for details. This deal offers a $20 value off MSRP. Actual discount may vary.

Poke Ball Plus for $20 also.  /wink /wink

Nintendo has their (GameStop included) BF lineup revealed on:

https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/deals/

$39.99 MSRP for games:

DK: Tropical Freeze

Kirby Star Allies

Legend of Zelda: BOTW

Mario Tennis Aces

Octopath Traveller

Splatoon 2

Super Mario Odyssey

Super Mario Party

Wolfenstein II

Participating retailers:
Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Walmart
Offer available 11/27–12/1 while supplies last. See participating retailers for details. This deal offers a $20 value off MSRP. Actual discount may vary.

Poke Ball Plus for $20 also. /wink /wink
Target has a few of those for $30 as doorbusters too. Odyssey, BOTW, Aces for sure.

I don't understand the fine print for the PS4 Pro for $299.99.  Is it just the white one that's going for that price?  Fine print says, no substitutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back