2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo has their (GameStop included) BF lineup revealed on:

https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/deals/

$39.99 MSRP for games:

DK: Tropical Freeze

Kirby Star Allies

Legend of Zelda: BOTW

Mario Tennis Aces

Octopath Traveller

Splatoon 2

Super Mario Odyssey

Super Mario Party

Wolfenstein II

Participating retailers:
Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Walmart
Offer available 11/27–12/1 while supplies last. See participating retailers for details. This deal offers a $20 value off MSRP. Actual discount may vary.

Poke Ball Plus for $20 also. /wink /wink
It probably won't be the case, but it'd be awesome if the pre-owned prices dropped accordingly too!

I don't understand the fine print for the PS4 Pro for $299.99. Is it just the white one that's going for that price? Fine print says, no substitutions.
It is most likely a mis-matched image in their ad. The glacier white PS4 Pro has long been out of production since last year's BF sale. The correct black friday PS4 Pro sku will be the standard black 1TB version. The "no substitution" jargon simply means there will be only one qualifying sku item , so you cannot request other PS4 Pro bundles or consoles for the same price.

EDIT : White PS4 Pro available online only for now, so it might re-appear in-stores for the BF sale, after all.

It is most likely a mis-matched image in their ad. The glacier white PS4 Pro has long been out of production since last year's BF sale. The correct black friday PS4 Pro sku will be the standard black 1TB version. The "no substitution" jargon simply means there will be only one qualifying sku item , so you cannot request other PS4 Pro bundles or consoles for the same price.
White pro is back in stock for the deal

I don't understand the fine print for the PS4 Pro for $299.99. Is it just the white one that's going for that price? Fine print says, no substitutions.

EDIT : White PS4 Pro available online only for now, so it might re-appear in-stores for the BF sale, after all.
White pro is back in stock for the deal
Sounds crazy, but I'm thinking of trading in my F-16 JET ENGINE PS4 Pro for...a new PS4 Pro.

My console is that loud. I would dump it now but too many exclusives are still coming (Last of Us 2, FF7 Remake, etc). Currently playing Sekiro on PS4 and it affects my enjoyment.

If I *was* to do this, would you guys say this is about the best deal I can reasonably expect in the immediate future? The current trade-in is $200 credit. So the cost to me would be $100 + tax on the MSRP of $399, correct? I do have $50 of trade-in credit on a card, as well as 60,000 reward points, though I'm assuming the latter won't be usable on a deal like this.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Just picked up my Hunting Simulator & Farming Simulator Bundle, and pleasantly surprised because it's literally just the two games that were wrapped together into a bundle.

So it was actually two games for the price of one, not just the title with multiple games bundled.

Now it feels more worth it. :D

Sounds crazy, but I'm thinking of trading in my F-16 JET ENGINE PS4 Pro for...a new PS4 Pro.

My console is that loud. I would dump it now but too many exclusives are still coming (Last of Us 2, FF7 Remake, etc). Currently playing Sekiro on PS4 and it affects my enjoyment.

If I *was* to do this, would you guys say this is about the best deal I can reasonably expect in the immediate future? The current trade-in is $200 credit. So the cost to me would be $100 + tax on the MSRP of $399, correct? I do have $50 of trade-in credit on a card, as well as 60,000 reward points, though I'm assuming the latter won't be usable on a deal like this.

Thoughts? Thanks!
It should be tax on $299, not $399 if you're referring to that posted ad with the white pro on it. I don't know if the current batch of black Pros are any better than the Pro you have.

Oh, if you cash in $60 of certs, that portion is also tax free.

Ordered some games on gamestop.com and they sent me the wrong game. What's easier, just calling the CS number and hopefully getting a replacement or going in store and having the employees possibly accuse me of lying about receiving the wrong game?

It should be tax on $299, not $399 if you're referring to that posted ad with the white pro on it. I don't know if the current batch of black Pros are any better than the Pro you have.

Oh, if you cash in $60 of certs, that portion is also tax free.
Some states still charge tax on purchases with trade credit, fyi

Does anyone else use PayPal when purchasing online at GS? I have a whole list of pending charges from orders from gamestop that I'm assuming were orders they cancelled or didn't fulfill??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Does anyone else use PayPal when purchasing online at GS? I have a whole list of pending charges from orders from gamestop that I'm assuming were orders they cancelled or didn't fulfill??
I did that for awhile and then they weren't shipping my full orders. I tried contacting customer service but they never fixed it so I had PayPal reverse the charges for me and I ended up getting banned from online orders with credit card or PayPal payments. Only trade credit works for me now.

Thoughts? Thanks!
My PRO was also loud but I was able to reduce the engine sound by changing the thermal paste by following some videos on YouTube. It has been 2 weeks so far and the loud noice has dropped. By about 80%

So code vein for $20 wasn't a scam, just got it. Guy really sent it via 1 day shipping, postage value was $25. Idk wtf happened with shipping.

Was thinking of trading in eventually, but might keep it. Has to be my best score of the year.

Anyone else pick up a PS4 like 2 weeks back when they ran that deal where you get $50 rewards cert for buying a console? Fine print said it would appear in your account by the 20th and I still haven’t got mine

Anyone else pick up a PS4 like 2 weeks back when they ran that deal where you get $50 rewards cert for buying a console? Fine print said it would appear in your account by the 20th and I still haven’t got mine
I bought one also and didn’t get my points either. I guess I have to call customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you get 50k points? I got it next day.

Did you purchase online or in store? At the beginning of this year I found that they would pay points based on shipping date and not order date.

Finally, was it new? The offer was only for new consoles.

Did you get 50k points? I got it next day.

Did you purchase online or in store? At the beginning of this year I found that they would pay points based on shipping date and not order date.

Finally, was it new? The offer was only for new consoles.
No points. New pro in store. Guess I’ll just have to find time to call then sit on hold for an hour

Does anyone have suggestions for a cheap add-on to get me over the $35 hurdle for free shipping? I only need three cents more.

$25 Dualshock 4 on DOTD. Finally got into my account on the app (still won't work on the website) so only $20 with Elite. Assuming the $10 promo is still good it's a solid $8.90 flip.

$25 Dualshock 4 on DOTD. Finally got into my account on the app (still won't work on the website) so only $20 with Elite. Assuming the $10 promo is still good it's a solid $8.90 flip.
I think GS marketing knows how slow their shipping actually is .. and their just playing games with us. 10 days to receive the controller, hmm.

Any current or predicted 20% trade boost pre orders on the horizon? Preferably before the value drops on sword/shield

So code vein for $20 wasn't a scam, just got it. Guy really sent it via 1 day shipping, postage value was $25. Idk wtf happened with shipping.

Was thinking of trading in eventually, but might keep it. Has to be my best score of the year.
That's crazy. I see people do dumb stuff on ebay all the time (i've gotten quite a few steals that way), but never spending more on shipping than the item is worth. He's sold some other sailor moon stuff, so not like that was his only sale. I would message him and be like "Thank you so much, but how did you get it here so fast?" or something to see what sort of response you get. Maybe he's just filthy rich and doesn't even care about the money? Or his company paid for the shipping?

Probably a dumb question but does anybody know if the $10 extra for current gen controllers still on? Don't see it on the app or GS website as a trade in offer

An ad that went out this morning speaks more of the controller bonus:

Get The Newest colors For Less When You Trade
RECEIVE A $10 CREDIT BONUS WHEN YOU TRADE PS4, Xbox One, or Switch First Party Controllers**

**Offer valid 11.11 – 12.1 for PS4, XB1, and Switch 1st party controller trades only. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancell, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

On Switch, it seems they take JoyCons, Pro, general Wireless, and Gamecube (Switch) controllers. Seems like a good time to upgrade worn controllers.

Since the offer extends to December, I suppose this means there won't be any big deals on controllers during BF.

Anyone try trading in a JoyCon grip? It seems to be identified as a controller, since a controller protection plan can be added to it..

Would also like to know. Thinking about picking up a couple dotd ds4s if so.
It was never on the app or site. I didn't receive the above quoted email but I did see the small signage (on some sort of post or pole I think) in one of my 3 local stores.

Replying to thecobb8, as well, here. Forgot to quote that one.

I think GS marketing knows how slow their shipping actually is .. and their just playing games with us. 10 days to receive the controller, hmm.
Actually a lot of times I get my retro stuff in 2 or 3 days. Ymmv obviously but a used controller is something every store should have in stock to ship so it should come from close yeah?

My PRO was also loud but I was able to reduce the engine sound by changing the thermal paste by following some videos on YouTube. It has been 2 weeks so far and the loud noice has dropped. By about 80%
Appreciate it, but that's a bridge too far for me. I actually did do the reflow thing on the PS3, but we're close enough to PS5 where I don't want to destroy the Pro's TIV when it's PS5 launch time, you know?

Appreciate the tip

Anyone else tried ordering online recently?

Tried yesterday for pick up using trade credit... Canceled. Still no refund back.

Tried again at a different store using credit card, worked just fine.

Tried another store today using trade credit, been waiting about 4 hours now for confirmation, order doesn't show up on my account. Hoping it goes through.

That's crazy. I see people do dumb stuff on ebay all the time (i've gotten quite a few steals that way), but never spending more on shipping than the item is worth. He's sold some other sailor moon stuff, so not like that was his only sale. I would message him and be like "Thank you so much, but how did you get it here so fast?" or something to see what sort of response you get. Maybe he's just filthy rich and doesn't even care about the money? Or his company paid for the shipping?
That might have been it, but why pick the most expensive shipping option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back