2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the switch $5 trade in promo work tomorrow? im thinking of getting up early and flipping now that I have elite pro back hehehe.

I had 4 of my 5 orders go through fine, currently preparing for shipment but the 5th has been placed on hold because the payment (GameStop Trade Credit) was declined. The site requested that I check that info and correct it but only gives the option to add my credit card. Always something with GameStop. I can’t check the balance either with the site struggling but I know I had more then enough to cover the orders.

Yeah website seems to be working well, including stacking of CAG16. Only bad thing is that several games are not avaliable on line, which sucks because they never have any good games for the B2G1 in the stores by me. I doubt I will be able to by one in one store and get the others in different places since its black Friday.

In checking further they changed the amount with tax so it bumped the price over my trade credit amount so that’s on me. I added my credit card so hopefully that fixes the error and they get my order adjusted. I was hoping to get Star Wars with the deal but that was already sold out. They had a great Nintendo selection though, just missing Luigi’s Mansion, Astral Chain and the new Pokémon games.

god ******* damnit.  I just submitted the order for Animal crossing DS x2 and SECONDS later was about to confirm the AMZ trade in of it and now it's NO LONGER ABLE TO BE TRADED IN.  yeah yeah my fault for not clicking that first.

Damn. I forgot that these games will not arrive before the trade bonuses end. The TIV will also drop on Tuesday. I'll have to go to the stores.

Placed a lot of order for a lot of Vita games.  Glad to see CAG16 stacked as well.  I missed out on one Vita game right at the beginning, someone else must have been camping too.

Many thanks to SueMana for the loading trick, made matching pairs for Vita soooo much easier when I had the entire console list.

In checking further they changed the amount with tax so it bumped the price over my trade credit amount so that’s on me. I added my credit card so hopefully that fixes the error and they get my order adjusted. I was hoping to get Star Wars with the deal but that was already sold out. They had a great Nintendo selection though, just missing Luigi’s Mansion, Astral Chain and the new Pokémon games.
I think the same thing happened to me. My first order that was completely paid with a gift card came back as declined, and it looks like the tax was raised from the original amount. However, now that I've updated the payment method to my credit card, the order is only showing that and not the gift card. I really don't want to pay $92 with my CC when I had that in Gamestop money. And of course now when I check the GC balance in the app, it's zero...

Edit:

They raised the tax on my order a second time. Wtf...

Nothing but carts without cases

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I learned a long time ago never to order any 3ds or vita or disc based retro games on thier website. Avoids disappointment
The trick is to pick one or two up in-store CIB whenever you have a different transaction if you notice something nice - then return just the cart next time you pass by, using the stack of cases you've accumulated whenever they next have a big online sale day like this. Since, by their own standards, the case isn't actually considered part of the product they're selling you.

Also half the time they end up not even having a copy of the game and just give you the case if you ask for it :V

Mind, if I did this, it'd only be here at the tail end of a gen, and only for 3ds/vita/ps3/xb360 things, since they're a dying breed and won't hit them as hard on average; already seen vita sections disappear at like 6/8 of my regional stores. Hate dinging their metrics, but I'm still haunted by those copies of PSP Shin megami tenseis and PS2 .hack quarantines I let go.

Wish they'd buy/sell them for a few bucks more with some sort of "case guarantee", though. Hoping I catch the moment they finally dump the leftovers so I can beg them for their trash.

Put in 3 orders so far - Elite Pro + CAG16 made for some great deals!

Order 1:
Vita - Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed
DS - Phantasy Star 0
360 - Silent Hill HD Collection
360 - Namco Museum Virtual Arcade
Switch - Go Vacation
Switch - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
PS4 - Monster Hunter World Iceborne Master Edition

Order 2:
Switch - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2

Switch - Super Mario Party

Switch - Yoshi's Crafted World
Switch - New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Switch - Dragon Quest Builders 2

Order 3:
Switch - Fitness Boxing
Switch - Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Switch - Snipperclips Plus

Thought cag16 only works on sets of three. Regardless made my orders Black Friday shopping is complete.
Cag16 seemed to work on a B2G1 and B1G1 order total. (5 games total, 2 free) Wish I had been quicker on the trigger to get a pre-owned Collection of Mana, but meh.. not prepared enough!

Cag16 works on your 3 highest games in cart.  So a b2g1 set + a b1g1 set is one good way to get the discount on all 3 non-free games and, in most cases, get over the $35 threshold for free shipping.

I got used copies of Dragon Quest builders 2, Mario Odyssey, and Mario maker 2 for switch. Also got the power A Xbox charger (white) for $14.99 to go with the X1S I got my kids.

guess I'm one of the few having issues with the app/website. On the app, can't get to the checkout screen without an error message; on the website I can't even log-in to my account

Got used copies of Red Dead Redemption 2, DQ Builders 2, and Resident Evil 2 (Lots of 2's)... total came out to $33 via Paypal after $5 Discount. RDR2 wasn't my first choice as I waited so long to buy it at this point I was planning to just wait longer til it dropped even more, but most of the other games I was interested in (Indivisible, Concrete Genie, etc) were out of stock for pre-owned. Oh well, at $11/game I'm pretty happy! 

Gamestop just doesn't want my money.  All i wanted to pick up was the 128GB microSD card for my niece, who's getting a Switch, and Indivisible for myself.  Indivisible is OOS already, and the price on the SD card is literally double what's advertised.  Oh well, their loss.  I can get a microSD card in that size for about the same elsewhere(minus the Nintendo branding), and i can wait until Indivisible drops to $20.  Assuming Amazon doesn't price match them just for fun.

Gamestop just doesn't want my money. All i wanted to pick up was the 128GB microSD card for my niece, who's getting a Switch, and Indivisible for myself. Indivisible is OOS already, and the price on the SD card is literally double what's advertised. Oh well, their loss. I can get a microSD card in that size for about the same elsewhere(minus the Nintendo branding), and i can wait until Indivisible drops to $20. Assuming Amazon doesn't price match them just for fun.
https://www.gamestop.com/electronics/cell-phones/accessories/microsd-cards/products/sandisk-ultra-128gb-microsdxc-uhs-1-card-with-adapter/10142150.html

Hard to order more games in one order. Might have to go in store for stuff I don't care about, hoping some stuff is left over.

3 PS4 and 2 PS3 is the limit imo.

Annoying how gamestop makes all the cheapest games free, someone made an example. 3 $10/$20/$30 games in cart, all the $10 ones free lol

Will the switch $5 trade in promo work tomorrow? im thinking of getting up early and flipping now that I have elite pro back hehehe.
Please don't be the guy trading in a bunch of games on the busiest day of the year. I took my redbox flips in today just to avoid that when i go back tomorrow.

does gamestop accept returns for PSVR if i dont like it? especially if i redeemed the voucher for the games. I worry i'll get motion sickness.

Is there a way on the website to find out where a used luigis mansion might be in stock?
You can by using the app. I think all things related to in-store inventory was temporarily pulled from the site to avoid making a mess for employees and instore customers tomorrow

Got

Rage 2
Digimon World Next Order
DMC5 free
Prince of Persia collection PS3
Zone of Enders free.

Total was $40.xx, not bad.

Anyone else getting a "oops something went wrong error" when ordering 3 used games in their cart and hitting the checkout button with the GameStop app?

I tried going with new games in the cart and oddly the order seemed fine.

Anyone else getting a "oops something went wrong error" when ordering 3 used games in their cart and hitting the checkout button with the GameStop app?

I tried going with new games in the cart and oddly the order seemed fine.
App is garbage for basically everything. It's a must to buy stuff from GS off their Website. Only thing app is good for is checking trade values.

App is garbage for basically everything. It's a must to buy stuff from GS off their Website. Only thing app is good for is checking trade values.
Using the app is a bad move unless there is a way to get cash back. I got 6% back on pre-owned ending yesterday from TopCash, Rautken has 1-3 and Best Buy had that deal with Abdnity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back