2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
My order or Mario Maker 2, Super Mario Party, and Mario Bros Deluxe had a shipping label created on the 30th, but still hasn't been received by UPS. I have a feeling I'll have to call CS.

Now THAT would be worth trading in/returning for. Where did you find this out?
Went to trade all of my B2G1 games I got in anticipation of the $5 bonus.

I CAN CONFIRM 4 FOR $20 ON $9.99 PRE OWNED TITLES. SONY SALE GAMES ARE ELIGIBLE.

As an example, God of War would be $4-$4.50 and flip for $10.50-$11 with bonus

I got 21 of  the games i ordered online so far. Along with the aformentioned Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus screw up, they also messed up my Odin Sphere for vita. I was pleasantly surprised when it came with the case, until i opened the case and One Piece was inside instead. My Ultra Despair Girls came in a case also, but everything else was loose (all DS and Vita)

I might as well just wait until everything else comes in before I call to complain so I can do it all at once.

My order or Mario Maker 2, Super Mario Party, and Mario Bros Deluxe had a shipping label created on the 30th, but still hasn't been received by UPS. I have a feeling I'll have to call CS.
For what it's worth, there was a major snowstorm in various western / parts of northern in the US this past week.

If the shipping label was created, thats really all the proof you need for an order confirmation / acceptance. Give it a little time. I'm guessing if you call customer service they might tell you something similar.

Unfortunately you never know the origin of the shipment until UPS first scans it. Random stores ship games now. Whoever has stock (or partial stock - if partial stock, then it goes into multiple packages sent from all over the country).

If anyone could answer this it would be greatly appreciated. I want to trade in my original xbox1 but my controller has the plug and play. Can I trade it in with no back to the controller or will they charge me a fee? i want to keep the plug and play kit because I will be upgrading to the Xbox1 S.

If anyone could answer this it would be greatly appreciated. I want to trade in my original xbox1 but my controller has the plug and play. Can I trade it in with no back to the controller or will they charge me a fee? i want to keep the plug and play kit because I will be upgrading to the Xbox1 S.
Hi. They will hit u with a refurbish fee.

For what it's worth, there was a major snowstorm in various western / parts of northern in the US this past week.

If the shipping label was created, thats really all the proof you need for an order confirmation / acceptance. Give it a little time. I'm guessing if you call customer service they might tell you something similar.

Unfortunately you never know the origin of the shipment until UPS first scans it. Random stores ship games now. Whoever has stock (or partial stock - if partial stock, then it goes into multiple packages sent from all over the country).
If your tracking number is a UPS number, tracking it directly thru the UPS website will give you more details like the store number and its origination address.

Anyone ever have trouble with Gamestop shipping being incomplete? Tried calling customer service on this, requested callback via automated system...call returned 45 min later and agent said he couldn’t answer shipping questions and had to transfer me. Call on hold for approx. 100 minutes...agent finally answered, couldn’t answer my question and yup, put me on hold. 20 min later, she still hadn’t returned and the call eventually dropped.

Anyway, I made 2 separate online orders ordering 4 games total, using gift card for one and Paypal for the other. Gamestop emails today indicated two shipments, with only one game from each order shipping, not two. The emails had tracking numbers. THEN, I received a text from UPS with a *third* tracking # from Gamestop. There were no Gamestop confirmation or shipping emails pertaining to this 3rd shipment. I assume this 3rd shipment contains one or more of the missing games but again, due to being unable to talk to phone support peeps, I have no idea.

so, is the extra $50 for console trade ins starting today? $125 for an OG xbox one seems really good, thought they would drop the values, hell they were (still are?) selling them for $100
Extra $50 TiC on PS4, XB1, and Switch
Maybe I'm losing it, but I can't find info on this deal anywhere (on their site or in the PDF ad). Any additional details? Thanks!

Anyone ever have trouble with Gamestop shipping being incomplete? Tried calling customer service on this, requested callback via automated system...call returned 45 min later and agent said he couldn’t answer shipping questions and had to transfer me. Call on hold for approx. 100 minutes...agent finally answered, couldn’t answer my question and yup, put me on hold. 20 min later, she still hadn’t returned and the call eventually dropped.

Anyway, I made 2 separate online orders ordering 4 games total, using gift card for one and Paypal for the other. Gamestop emails today indicated two shipments, with only one game from each order shipping, not two. The emails had tracking numbers. THEN, I received a text from UPS with a *third* tracking # from Gamestop. There were no Gamestop confirmation or shipping emails pertaining to this 3rd shipment. I assume this 3rd shipment contains one or more of the missing games but again, due to being unable to talk to phone support peeps, I have no idea.
If you log directly onto your GameStop account, then choose "Order History", you'll see a breakdown of partial shipments (or under account [after you log in], order history).

Ultimately, you'll get your full order, but they are coming from different stores, in your case. As such a part may have shipped, and the rest, is "Being Prepared".

You may get a single order received in multiple packages, on different days.

In the past GameStop would just send games directly from their hubs. But now they require individual stores to ship games. One store has some games. Another store has more. etc .. until the order is complete.

According to employees/managers (any difference?), it is both a blessing and a curse. Their store gets more sales, but it means more tasks.

IMO the idea is to deplete inventory, and not have depreciating stock piles where sales are lower. Seems to be working OK thus far...

Can reward certificates be used to purchase physical GameStop gift cards in store? As in, converting 25000 points into a physical $25 gamestop gift card?

Also whats the most before you get trade banned I think i read on here 2000 or 2500 within 30 days?
In pink: This is a good question, anyone have an answer? -- also is the final number trade-ins+purchases?

[i.e.] if you sell $1200 and buy $800 in a rolling 30 day period, does that constitute a $2000 transaction ban? (assuming the hard cap is $2000.)

I seem to remember people discussing this awhile ago. IIRC people get banned for excessive trading.

It's a point of curiosity really, it's a number I can't visit, but it would be interesting, as this month I think I hit a combined $1700, and that was everything I had in me. /tired

Well below $2k or $2.5k .. anyone with info?

I may have spoken too soon earlier about my last flip lol. They're gonna laugh when they see me again.

Anyone else find it...odd...that GS once again has all this stuff going on, all these promos overlapping, and stuff like CAG16 still working too? Almost makes me wonder if they're after numbers rather than profit for the holiday quarter. Not trying to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but...huh.
Their stock is up 50% over the past few months. $4 share to $6.

Maybe if they get to $10 a share they can invest in a better website.

Can you trade in and rebuy? I know you can return and rebuy, but is there a hold on returned games? Lost my BB receipt for the hits games I ordered last week but I can trade them in and do a 4 for 20 and still save $16

Really happy to see the value on the Switch held today. I traded in my old model for $200 since I pretty much exclusively play on my Switch Lite nowadays. I am surprised they didn't nuke the values like they usually do when they run these promotions.

Really happy to see the value on the Switch held today. I traded in my old model for $200 since I pretty much exclusively play on my Switch Lite nowadays. I am surprised they didn't nuke the values like they usually do when they run these promotions.
I can't imagine someone paying a small amount less for a used Switch, but, apparently, it's commonplace.

Essentially I'm amazed GS is willing to pay alot for used V1 Switched. I agree with you.

The trigger was perhaps %20 off all games if a used Switch is purchased. Got Moms everywhere excited!

Even still, B2G1 was better: less than half per game. The system promo is more than half, per game.

If you log directly onto your GameStop account, then choose "Order History", you'll see a breakdown of partial shipments (or under account [after you log in], order history).

Ultimately, you'll get your full order, but they are coming from different stores, in your case. As such a part may have shipped, and the rest, is "Being Prepared".

You may get a single order received in multiple packages, on different days.

In the past GameStop would just send games directly from their hubs. But now they require individual stores to ship games. One store has some games. Another store has more. etc .. until the order is complete.

According to employees/manages (any difference?), it is both a blessing and a curse. Their store gets more sales, but it means more tasks.

IMO the idea is to deplete inventory, and not have depreciating stock piles where sales are lower. Seems to be working OK thus far...
Thanks. Since I don’t have a PRO membership, I just did these transactions as a Guest. I don’t see any way to check on my order. I’ll just assume the other two games will ship at some point, but that 3rd UPS tracking # that isn’t attached to any shipping order I got from Gamestop...that’s just weird. Maybe UPS combined them into one box on their own.

Hoping the OG switch values hold until tomorrow, I have one that I'd like to trade in for the $200 credit...it was the free one I get during the slickdeals B2G1 hardware sale.  Before BF there was a ton of stock of the Pokemon Limited edition switch lite, but now they aren't available online or in stores :(...would have loved to switched it out for that (no pun intended)

Thanks. Since I don’t have a PRO membership, I just did these transactions as a Guest. I don’t see any way to check on my order. I’ll just assume the other two games will ship at some point, but that 3rd UPS tracking # that isn’t attached to any shipping order I got from Gamestop...that’s just weird. Maybe UPS combined them into one box on their own.
If you try the UPS tracking site:

https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_US

Then paste your tracking number there, perhaps that might be helpful.

BTW if you create a free account, I think that gets you also 1% back (10 points per dollar - essentially 1% of what you spend). Also having access to the website that controls your order is nifty :)

In pink: This is a good question, anyone have an answer? -- also is the final number trade-ins+purchases?

[i.e.] if you sell $1200 and buy $800 in a rolling 30 day period, does that constitute a $2000 transaction ban? (assuming the hard cap is $2000.)

I seem to remember people discussing this awhile ago. IIRC people get banned for excessive trading.

It's a point of curiosity really, it's a number I can't visit, but it would be interesting, as this month I think I hit a combined $1700, and that was everything I had in me. /tired

Well below $2k or $2.5k .. anyone with info?
It's only based on the total amount traded. It makes no sense for them to trade ban someone based on how much they buy. I am not sure if it's $2k or $2.5k because I always try to stay right under the limit (Currently at a little over $1800). I hope someone will have information regarding this because there is a good chance I will end up going over the $2k threshold this time.

It's only based on the total amount traded. It makes no sense for them to trade ban someone based on how much they buy. I am not sure if it's $2k or $2.5k because I always try to stay right under the limit (Currently at a little over $1800). I hope someone will have information regarding this because there is a good chance I will end up going over the $2k threshold this time.
Thanks for shopping with us, enjoy this trade ban as our way of saying thank you.

4 for 20 9.99 and below, and 4 for 10 4.99 and below active instore. Some of the ps4 hits games are still 8.99 pre-owned. Also picked up the og xbox one for $99.99 and also includes a free year of prp. Showed up as $89.99 for the xbox and $10 for the prp.

4 for 20 9.99 and below, and 4 for 10 4.99 and below active instore. Some of the ps4 hits games are still 8.99 pre-owned. Also picked up the og xbox one for $99.99 and also includes a free year of prp. Showed up as $89.99 for the xbox and $10 for the prp.
Wont be able to make it in store before prices change tomorrow to trade in and rebuy the PS4 hits I bought from BB to save $16, but if you can that's an absolutely insane deal. And that's not even factoring in if you flip them back.

No idea how they're still in business.

Reading the Ad it says an extra $5 for Switch/Xbox/Ps4 games starting on 12/2.  Does that mean it'll be all week?

Anyone had any experience with a premium refurbished wii u from gamestop? should I buy an extended warranty?
Anything premium refurbished that I've seen (Wii U and a couple switches) have been buffed...which means they look all scratched up. I'd rather take a gamble on a pre-owned version IMO. That's on the surface, so I can't say for sure what's going on under the hood. One associate told me that they do "tear-downs" and "re-assemble" the systems in order for them to ensure a quality product.

Anything premium refurbished that I've seen (Wii U and a couple switches) have been buffed...which means they look all scratched up. I'd rather take a gamble on a pre-owned version IMO. That's on the surface, so I can't say for sure what's going on under the hood. One associate told me that they do "tear-downs" and "re-assemble" the systems in order for them to ensure a quality product.
OKay thanks for the input

Do we know if all Glacier White PS4 Pro's are the "quiet" model or is it still a bit of a toss-up?

First BF in a while that I entirely skipped Gamestop. Between their past mistakes with my online orders and other retailers beating them on price this year, I saw no reason to go there. Unfortunately, there's nothing on the older gen I wanted much, either, and frankly, selection for those older consoles near me is pretty much totally picked dry, and has been for some time.

Did you try the Razer mouse? The cable is the best option costs $5.99 and can be returned with a gift receipt going to ask a friend to do it
what cable are you referring to? im afraid my store may not sell it. no i did not try the razer mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back