2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded in a couple of switch games that rang up over $10 less each than the trade value on the app. When I questioned it, I was told that they were one of a handful of test stores with different trade values. They were told by corporate to not mention this to customers and manually adjust the prices to match the app if a customer mentioned the difference. Just a heads up that lower trade values may be incoming and to pay close attention to the value on the app vs the store.

Any chances trade in credit on an Xbox one x will get any higher than $225? Straight up trade value not one of those if you buy a switch or PS4 you get $300

I traded in a couple of switch games that rang up over $10 less each than the trade value on the app. When I questioned it, I was told that they were one of a handful of test stores with different trade values. They were told by corporate to not mention this to customers and manually adjust the prices to match the app if a customer mentioned the difference. Just a heads up that lower trade values may be incoming and to pay close attention to the value on the app vs the store.
That is very odd. Did you check to see if their preowned prices on newer games were any lower? Maybe $48.99 instead of $54.99?

This would be the most Gamestop thing...remove trade in discount for members, drop the TiVs, and expect success...

Very slim. That's something that I'd sell locally on FB or craigslist
Been watching eBay and mercari sales lately and it gets around 225 or less after fees...ima try to list it later today id like at least $250 after fees I know it’s only $25 more but it’s something.

I won the Taco Bell Xbox one x I’m just waiting on delivery so I’m trying to get the most for my original Xbox one x and ima keep the Taco Bell one since it’s newer.

Been watching eBay and mercari sales lately and it gets around 225 or less after fees...ima try to list it later today id like at least $250 after fees I know it’s only $25 more but it’s something.

I won the Taco Bell Xbox one x I’m just waiting on delivery so I’m trying to get the most for my original Xbox one x and ima keep the Taco Bell one since it’s newer.
It should sell easily for $250-$300 on Craigslist or Facebook yard sale with no shipping, no fees, and no return fraud. They will be comparing the price to Gamestop which is $350 plus tax for a used one. Just ignore the people who try to trade you air soft guns for it.

Ran into the same problem as well.

Did it? I just flipped another 12 to pad my total. The Sony stuff went up, but there's plenty left to choose from.
Yup.

Getting 179 titles showing up for PS4 alone.

Copy/paste the link below, as it won't open correctly if you just click on it.

Code:
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/games/pre-owned?pmax=10.00&pmin=9.98&start=1&sz=256

Do you guys like not have jobs? Dont know where you can find the time or passion to spend hours making trips like this. Especially since you're not even making money, it's just gs cash.

Do you guys like not have jobs? Dont know where you can find the time or passion to spend hours making trips like this. Especially since you're not even making money, it's just gs cash.
Is that you gsdave

I have a job I just consider this a hobby get to the trade limit and call it a day. Just 4 hours a month.

Yeah i don't understand trading in games for a pittance. Might as well donate. I used to preorder from EBgames in the PS1, N64 days but I rarely shop at Gamestop. 

Anyways, is there a way to get a refund in store for an online order?? I bought Infinite Warfare Legacy Pro edition New online. It's supposed to be in steelbook with a plastic slip cover, season pass etc. Anyways it came not new in a standard case, and they just put the codes in the standard case. Not shockingly the codes were used. Dumb fuck employees. 

gs cash = not having to spend real cash on video game items

Quick question.

I bought a Pro membership for the first time in 7 years. Did it online, went digital. Didn't get a $5 coupon which I saw on the bullet list. It's been 2 days. I keep checking active offers. Am I not getting one because I renewed? Because digital? Because I'm checking in the wrong place?

Yeah i don't understand trading in games for a pittance. Might as well donate. I used to preorder from EBgames in the PS1, N64 days but I rarely shop at Gamestop.

Anyways, is there a way to get a refund in store for an online order?? I bought Infinite Warfare Legacy Pro edition New online. It's supposed to be in steelbook with a plastic slip cover, season pass etc. Anyways it came not new in a standard case, and they just put the codes in the standard case. Not shockingly the codes were used. Dumb fuck employees.
I have made a easy 6k this year and I have only spent 4-8 hours a month. 48-80 hours for 6k. That is $80 a hour. I have not paid cash for games in five years.

Quick question.

I bought a Pro membership for the first time in 7 years. Did it online, went digital. Didn't get a $5 coupon which I saw on the bullet list. It's been 2 days. I keep checking active offers. Am I not getting one because I renewed? Because digital? Because I'm checking in the wrong place?
that does not begin until january 2020, afaik

The point is to trade large quantities of games. If you're only trading like 2 games, then yeah it's not worth it, but in any case you're almost doubling the amount you paid (if you have elite).

1. Walk in with games and packing slip from shipment

2. Slam both on counter

3. Point awkwardly at them, mumble "...wanna return, online", avoiding eye contact

4. Stare blankly at nearby R&M/Dragonball/MHA keychains instead while return is processed like normal.

As per usual. Can do with everything, same as a non-online return - though retro returns sometimes burn out seasonal's processors; you'll be looking at another 10 minutes while waiting for a senior employee to pull out their big binder-of-things and teach them what's what in that case.

Here's the list I've been using, updated since the Sony games rose in price. Used this to flip 28 and 24 games yesterday and today. Up about $200 at this point, wish I had Elite to optimize returns even more but you can still do okay with just a pro account.

Updated

Traded,Title,PS4,XBONE
,Batman Arkham Knight,3,
,Battlefield 4,3,
,COD Advanced Warfare,3,
,Darksiders III,3,3
,Dishonored 2,3,2
,Dragon Age Inquisition,3,
,Extinction,3,
,Genesis Alpha One,3,3
,Hidden Agenda,3,
,Injustice Ultimate Edition,3,
,Knack,3,
,Lego Star Wars Force Awakens,3,
,Lords of the Fallen,3,
,Mad Max,3,
,Metal Gear V Ground Zeroes,3,
,Metal Gear V PHantom,3,
,Mortal Kombat X,3,
,Need for Speed,3,
,Past Cure,3,
,Plants Vs Zombie Garden Warfare,3,
,Project Cars,3,
,Psychonauts: Rhombus of Ruin,3,
,Thief,3,
,Watchdogs,3,
,WWE 2K17,3,
,FF Type 0,2.5,
,Aragami Collector's Edition,2,
,Assassin's Creed Syndicate,2,
,Blood Bowl II,2,
,COD WWII,2,
,Dark Souls 3,2,
,Dragon Ball Xenoverse,2,
,Dwarves,2,
,F1 2015,2,
,Far Cry 4,2,
,FF 15,2,
,Fifa 18,2,2
,Homefront Revolution,2,
,Just Cause 3,2,2
,JUst Dance 2016,2,3
,Killzone Shadowfall,2,
,Left Alive,2,
,Metal Gear Survive,2,
,MIrrors Edge,2,
,Raven Remastered,2,
,Darksiders III,,
,Dishonored 2,,
,Doom,,2
,NBA Live 18,,
,WRC 7,,3

It's a CSV. Copy and paste into a text file. Rename to CSV then import into Google sheets and go to town.

Here's the list I've been using, updated since the Sony games rose in price. Used this to flip 28 and 24 games yesterday and today. Up about $200 at this point, wish I had Elite to optimize returns even more but you can still do okay with just a pro account.

Traded Title PS4 XBONE
Batman Arkham Knight 3
Battlefield 4 3
COD Advanced Warfare 3
Darksiders III 3 3
Dishonored 2 3 2
Dragon Age Inquisition 3
Extinction 3
Genesis Alpha One 3 3
Hidden Agenda 3
Injustice Ultimate Edition 3
Knack 3
Lego Star Wars Force Awakens 3
Lords of the Fallen 3
Mad Max 3
Metal Gear V Ground Zeroes 3
Metal Gear V PHantom 3
Mortal Kombat X 3
Need for Speed 3
Past Cure 3
Thief 3
Watchdogs 3
WWE 2K17 3
FF Type 0 2.5
Aragami Collector's Edition 2
Assassin's Creed Syndicate 2
Blood Bowl II 2
COD WWII 2
Dark Souls 3 2
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Dwarves 2
F1 2015 2
Far Cry 4 2
FF 15 2
Fifa 18 2 2
Homefront Revolution 2
Just Cause 3 2 2
JUst Dance 2016 2 3
Killzone Shadowfall 2
Left Alive 2
Metal Gear Survive 2
MIrrors Edge 2
Raven Remastered 2
Darksiders III
Dishonored 2
Doom 2
NBA Live 18
WRC 7 3
It's a tab delimited text. Copy and paste into Google sheets and go to town.
add

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare

psychonauts

project cars

give me a second i will run my spreadsheet again

Traded Title PS4 XBONE
Batman Arkham Knight 3
Battlefield 4 3
COD Advanced Warfare 3
Darksiders III 3 3
Dishonored 2 3 2
Dragon Age Inquisition 3
Extinction 3
Genesis Alpha One 3 3
Hidden Agenda 3
Injustice Ultimate Edition 3
Knack 3
Lego Star Wars Force Awakens 3
Lords of the Fallen 3
Mad Max 3
Metal Gear V Ground Zeroes 3
Metal Gear V PHantom 3
Mortal Kombat X 3
Need for Speed 3
Past Cure 3
Thief 3
Watchdogs 3
WWE 2K17 3
FF Type 0 2.5
Aragami Collector's Edition 2
Assassin's Creed Syndicate 2
Blood Bowl II 2
COD WWII 2
Dark Souls 3 2
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Dwarves 2
F1 2015 2
Far Cry 4 2
FF 15 2
Fifa 18 2 2
Homefront Revolution 2
Just Cause 3 2 2
JUst Dance 2016 2 3
Killzone Shadowfall 2
Left Alive 2
Metal Gear Survive 2
MIrrors Edge 2
Raven Remastered 2
Darksiders III
Dishonored 2
Doom 2
NBA Live 18
WRC 7 3
It's a tab delimited text. Copy and paste into Google sheets and go to town.
You're only up $200 after all that? I just dont see how it's worth it.

I didn't get a B2G1 coupon, I did get my digital subscription. And I do have the 10% off that comes with PUR (I guess it expires this month). So it definitely renewed, I just didn't get any coupons for it.

I contacted support, they transferred me to another number that notified me it had a 60+ minute wait time. So...I hung up. I'm not gonna sit on the phone for 60 minutes for $5. That's insane.

I was buying 4for20 with elite pro so it showed $4 a game. The chick working there, who is quite the hotty, ended up adjusting them to $2 a game after saying “oh 4for10 I see”. I didn’t say anything and was happy af to get them for $8. At another store they still had the blue sticker prices on their games and adjusted some to Black Friday prices for me and then to 4for20 so that was pretty cool of them.

You don't see how earning $200+ in credit is worth it? Probably took 2-3hours of "work".
That estimate is about right for time. I took a little longer lunch the last couple of days to do this so, all I basically missed was going to the gym.

It actually takes much longer to get the games than trade them in, so early lunch (about 1030am) was key to avoiding lines. I can pair most of my locations near me for easy buy then drive to sell.

Quick question.

On receipt of your purchase.

That estimate is about right for time. I took a little longer lunch the last couple of days to do this so, all I basically missed was going to the gym.

It actually takes much longer to get the games than trade them in, so early lunch (about 1030am) was key to avoiding lines. I can pair most of my locations near me for easy buy then drive to sell.
The same for me. I have 4 gamestops within 6 miles of each other so I drove down the road and made my transactions and picked up fast food while I drove back to work. EZPZ

You don't see how earning $200+ in credit is worth it? Probably took 2-3hours of "work".
No. That's atleast 4+ hours, plus all the gas hes wasting, + everything else he could've been doing in his free time. Not worth it. It would've been different if it was at least $400+, but not $200.

No. That's atleast 4+ hours, plus all the gas hes wasting, + everything else he could've been doing in his free time. Not worth it. It would've been different if it was at least $400+, but not $200.
Helps you any I made $600 but that is because of another purchase I have made previously.

Let me guess, you're one of those people who says they make $200k+/year.

It's okay to be happy for other people you know. Dont need to crap on their parade if they think that's a respectable amount.

Let me guess, you're one of those people who says they make $200k+/year.

It's okay to be happy for other people you know. Dont need to crap on their parade if they think that's a respectable amount.
Even if the troll made 200k a year that is still about $65 after taxes an hour. Which is pretty much what this guy made at GameStop in funny money.
I make good money at my job but I do this for fun and because any money that comes from check usually goes in kids college fund or some other bill. This I can make purchases anytime I won’t without caring about what I spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back