2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I wish I could get in on this action but probably can't until the weekend because of work and other obligations. I'd be ecstatic if the values held until then but I'm not holding my breath.

I've done it the last two days during my lunch when I already had to pick up something to eat. I made a spread sheet at my desk alphabetized by largest TIV. I have 4 GameStop's on the same road 5-6 miles away. So I didn't waste time or gas since I was already grabbing something and I have a cushy office job where no one says anything when I browse CAG or Reddit all day.

Do you guys like not have jobs? Dont know where you can find the time or passion to spend hours making trips like this. Especially since you're not even making money, it's just gs cash.
you get points for buying the games, you get points for trading the games, when you use the trade credit to buy more games you get more points, and now you also don't have to pay sales tax (in most places). So basically if I buy 4 games for $16 plus tax, trade them in for $29.60 minimum, I made about $12 in trade credit, $1.36 in points and i save 7% in tax on my next games. if you can't see how that adds up pretty quick, this probably isn't the right forum for you.

you get points for buying the games, you get points for trading the games, when you use the trade credit to buy more games you get more points, and now you also don't have to pay sales tax (in most places). So basically if I buy 4 games for $16 plus tax, trade them in for $29.60 minimum, I made about $12 in trade credit, $1.36 in points and i save 7% in tax on my next games. if you can't see how that adds up pretty quick, this probably isn't the right forum for you.
It’s not that it doesn’t add up, but I think some of the people who have been around awhile are used to bigger dividends. It’s tough to compete with NSW games trading for $59+ and getting them B2G1...things have changed since then.

Dont get points for trading in CA but I understand.

Public apology time. Was a hypocrite and did some flips. Store had some $5 games still marked down to under $10 and they honored it, so that really helped. They had about 10 or so copies of these games across systems, but I felt like I dick buying multiple so i took it easy and only bought one for each system. Could've probably doubled what i received, but I'm happy. It was easy. Sorry all

Do you guys like not have jobs? Dont know where you can find the time or passion to spend hours making trips like this. Especially since you're not even making money, it's just gs cash.
I feel the same way when I see all these flips, but then again, some people have more time than money/than others to do so, so... I get it.

Similar here. I can spend what I want on games now and not impact the household in any way. As long as I wait for good sales I should be able to stretch this money out for quite a while.
You can if so it in small doses over time. I have made the same credit last since 2005 and have had it as high as 5k but now I keep around 1k. Whenever it gets too high I just put System or something on eBay that is going for a decent amount(like 15-20 under retail) and cash in some. It was easier years ago when they allowed you to buy gift cards. I paid for an entire Disney trip with Best Buy credit.

Ha! So did I! Right after flippageddon stuff happened, I was learning and learned about BB flips and then to the to Disney cards. Most park expenses and airfare I covered. The hotel I just got cheap though.

If I ever do strike it rich I'm gonna stay w my family at the Grand Californian and have the best trip ever. Someday...
if you ever wanna stay at any of those cheaper just rent people DVC points. We are staying at the Polynesian this coming May and it’s only costing us 2K for eight days.

The B4FOR$20 worked just fine today, thanks everyone for the the sale announcement!

I checked all the games just fine, I was up for it, took 2 hours to shop -- 5 mins to trade elsewhere :)

--

With the credit, I was looking to buy games online now (using my PU rewards card [gift]), and all I get is:

"The transaction was declined, please select another form of payment.  Your basket has been emptied."

Maybe I had too many transactions in one day?  Buy / Sell in same day: Maybe too much activity?

The check on balance is still accurate.  I have no idea, anyone else have problems? [the wait time for customer service is 1+ hour - can't do it tonight ].

if you ever wanna stay at any of those cheaper just rent people DVC points. We are staying at the Polynesian this coming May and it’s only costing us 2K for eight days.
Including Disney tickets?? Damn. What's renting DVC points? Bought tickets this BF and cost almost a grand just for 2 days and 3 nights.

Including Disney tickets?? Damn. What's renting DVC points? Bought tickets this BF and cost almost a grand just for 2 days and 3 nights.
No not including tickets. The tickets for eight days are going to cost us about 2200. Just google DVC rental there are several places that do it.

From the GS reddit..."All changes to Elite Pro are not going to be announced until spring. Anything currently stated is speculation and nothing more." So who knows. I won't bank on them letting me keep this discount though. It would be a nice surprise.

Also noteworthy is that analysts expect their upcoming earnings call (Dec 10th) to not be very good, and the early word seems to be that Black Friday weekend did not go very well for them either. I can't say I saw any store except my main one very busy, and even that wasn't what it was last year. And other stores were just empty. Not saying they're gonna suddenly close, but they are cutting all these hours because they have to in order to offset the losses until the next gen arrives. And employee moral seems like it's at a possible all time low.
Several months ago, Stock was around $4. Now it's $6.43.

Sounds piddly, but a 50+% increase on several months is an investors dream account. GS Executives bought heavily into stocks over the summer, as I read some time ago.

It will be interesting how this plays out. Hopefully it's not a pump 'n dump scenario.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/gme

How is everyone's online order deliveries coming? I just received some a few minutes ago - it's past 9pm here - and one of the bubble mailers was already open and missing the game I ordered. Luckily, the UPS truck was just up the next block still making deliveries in the area, so once I quickly threw on my sneakers, ran there, and explained the situation to them, they were able to find my missing game on their truck. But I'm pretty annoyed that things could have easily not gone my way, the game was lost, and I'd have to depend on customer service to make things right. The bubble mailers I receive from GS orders always look beat to shit, and so worn that they can barely hold the items inside. Anyone have their own horror stories?

What's the best way to contact Gamestop nowadays?  I ordered one of those Gamecube adapters and they sent me some scrub psx games instead of the gamecube games I ordered.  

How is everyone's online order deliveries coming? I just received some a few minutes ago - it's past 9pm here - and one of the bubble mailers was already open and missing the game I ordered. Luckily, the UPS truck was just up the next block still making deliveries in the area, so once I quickly threw on my sneakers, ran there, and explained the situation to them, they were able to find my missing game on their truck. But I'm pretty annoyed that things could have easily not gone my way, the game was lost, and I'd have to depend on customer service to make things right. The bubble mailers I receive from GS orders always look beat to shit, and so worn that they can barely hold the items inside. Anyone have their own horror stories?
I have one of my orders still in la-la land ... The label was printed, but never received by UPS.

Otherwise very happy, all the seals were good on the mailers. One store even double wrapped my 3 games, then bubble wrapped them on top of that, and placed in a medium sized box (that could fit 2 dozen games) - all the games were mint, like they were just unwrapped so they could be sold as pre-owened, I was taken aback. (The case hinges were stiff to open too - when you open a new game, you know what I mean.)

About 70% or so came with the original cases. Some with the maps and special inserts. I'm happy!

Grats on chasing the truck down. 10 mins of your time saved you several hours down the road.

My remaining 5 orders came in tonight at 9 as well, 15 games in total with 2 Switch games and 1 Vita game in black generic cases and two Switch games with no case whatsoever but Persona 4 Golden was in it's original case so that was nice. Also received a European Switch game which is kinda annoying, but not a big deal.

I have a few that had labels created but no movement since. I got the wrong disc in the correct case for one game (which was surprisingly painless to get fixed). I still have about half of my orders yet to be delivered (should all be here by Friday).

So has Gamestop's website fixed the issue with using Gamestop gift cards to pay for orders?
I tried about 30 mins ago - nope.

Their website is bogged down badly, takes 20-40 mins to redeem points via email confirmation, when the code to enter via email expires after 30 mins .. so even that takes a couple tries :/ (after 30 mins if you don't get an email, the discount code cancels...30 mins starts when you click order, not when you actually receive the code...)

I can't order anything, without it rejecting my PU Gift card, then graciously emptying my cart for me. Thanks.

Maybe they are being web-bombed, no idea .. but the inter-communications between in-house systems is at a crawl, via logon accounts.

Easier to just go into GS tomorrow during lunch and take care of my orders. Even their outdated computers connect to the GS sales server reliably. Mine sure doesn't. /sigh

I've done it before. I'll do it again.

So has Gamestop's website fixed the issue with using Gamestop gift cards to pay for orders?
It works so long as nothing gets cancelled. Good luck getting the credit back if something does not ship or is out of stock. Took me four calls to get someone to release the hold on the gift card that had a partially cancelled order. The first three kept telling me I would see it on my bank statement...

Edit: did not realize there is a new outage. It was working a few days ago after not working for a stretch.

It works so long as nothing gets cancelled. Good luck getting the credit back if something does not ship or is out of stock. Took me four calls to get someone to release the hold on the gift card that had a partially cancelled order. The first three kept telling me I would see it on my bank statement...

Edit: did not realize there is a new outage. It was working a few days ago after not working for a stretch.
The trick there is to only purchase items without local stores getting involved, ie ready to ship.

When purchasing, if any items mentions store pickup as the only option, walk away. Actually run.

(1) From what I can tell, if a general "nationwide" online purchase gets made, and, a store does NOT have the item, it gets passed back to the system, where it goes to another store, if they don't have the item, then it gets passed YET again, ETC. Until a store has your item(s)... Partial shipments, from whoever has them.

(2) If you SPECIFY a SPECIFIC store, and they do NOT have the item, there is nowhere left for your order to go (the system wants to pass it, but it can't), so it gets deleted from the system.

In both cases, you pay for the item. The first option (1) is more desirable, IMO. Better odds of success - even if it takes longer because of shipping times.

--

Then again, if you work it out with "YOUR" store ahead of time, perhaps you can actually verify they have what you are looking for ahead of time. The computer inventory is rather messed up. It's unreliable. You have to coordinate with employees.

Final flip is done, 16 games. I've doubled my TC and added lots of points this holiday weekend and wanted to thank everyone for their help. I have to tap out now for sure since I'm up against the trade limit. I hope this stays active a few more days so everyone can get in on it and score some good stuff for Christmas.
Think it'll last until the weekend? I can't remember what they did last time around but I want to take advantage the best I can to pick up some extra gifts for the holidays.

Anybody have luck having gamestop customer service email them the packing slip, for online orders?

The Mario Wii U bundle from black friday was $90. The Wii U and 3 games were shipped separately. The Wii U packing slip says it was only ~$57. However, I lost the packing slip for the 3 games. That means the 3 games were $33 total... but I can't find the packing slip for them, so I can't return them (otherwise I would have to return everything at once for $90).

Final flip is done, 16 games. I've doubled my TC and added lots of points this holiday weekend and wanted to thank everyone for their help. I have to tap out now for sure since I'm up against the trade limit. I hope this stays active a few more days so everyone can get in on it and score some good stuff for Christmas.
Joining the bandwagon. Is the limit 4 games/system? And is there any negative to going to the same stores like buying from the same store or buying from the store you sold to etc.?

Think it'll last until the weekend? I can't remember what they did last time around but I want to take advantage the best I can to pick up some extra gifts for the holidays.
The 4 for 20 and the $5 bump will be active through the weekend so as long as values hold it should. I haven't been able to get in on this because of work but hoping I can on Sunday if everything holds.

Persona 5 came in the mail today and I can hear the loose disc inside bouncing around. Good thing it's going right back to them tomorrow. :whistle2:

Hope so, usually they make changes on days like Thursday, Sunday, or Tuesday so the values hold tomorrow you should be good. There's so many games they would have to have a mass drop to catch them all...and that would defeat the entire purpose of the promo lol.

4 games per system (SKU), the 5th gets you a trade ban. Best not to buy from the same store you trade to unless you know the same person you traded to will not be there. I try and have a store I buy from and another I trade to, and I try to make sure I don't always have the same people in each place.

If they ask why I usually have a pre planned reason, like "I'm stocking up, this deal is too good" or "I'm doing some shopping for a friend." or something. And if you buy/trade to a store before 11 am, you can come back later like 7-8 pm and that person should be gone.

Thank you for the info. I'll try my best not to screw up if I continue to do this lol. Other than the weekends I'll have to be going in the afternoon, so I'll have to be doing a lot of peeking my head in simply just going to different stores. Good advice.

Deal of the day for Thursday...

Long sleeve shirts / sweaters for $15, and Sudden Strike (PS4/XB1) for $17 [$8 base / ea].

I feel so uncomfortable in long sleeve shirts / sweaters....

T-shirt + light jacket if cold.

Tomorrow will be game themed boxers?  Put up Anthem for $3 and more people will bite..

Playing anthem and it's not mechanically bad, just connections issues. For the $4 I paid, I'm getting my money's worth.

I'm actually enjoying it, but once I'm done with main story,I'll stop playing. Don't really care about loot and extra dungeons. The movement/gunplay is great, it's smooth on my Pro.

Heads up to double check your games, got sent Megaman Legacy collection but was supposed to receive Megaman X Collection. Off to call support tomorrow.

Heads up to double check your games, got sent Megaman Legacy collection but was supposed to receive Megaman X Collection. Off to call support tomorrow.
Typical gamestop. Reminds me of all the times I've received demo discs instead of the actual game.

I tried about 30 mins ago - nope.

Their website is bogged down badly, takes 20-40 mins to redeem points via email confirmation, when the code to enter via email expires after 30 mins .. so even that takes a couple tries :/ (after 30 mins if you don't get an email, the discount code cancels...30 mins starts when you click order, not when you actually receive the code...)

I can't order anything, without it rejecting my PU Gift card, then graciously emptying my cart for me. Thanks.

Maybe they are being web-bombed, no idea .. but the inter-communications between in-house systems is at a crawl, via logon accounts.

Easier to just go into GS tomorrow during lunch and take care of my orders. Even their outdated computers connect to the GS sales server reliably. Mine sure doesn't. /sigh

I've done it before. I'll do it again.
I don't wanna be the boy who cried wolf, but Gamestop is pretty notorious for fucking people out of their GS credit when an order fails to go through... this has happened to quite a lot of people over the years, so you guys who are having issues paying with GS Credit on their site might want to just double check your balances.

Hopefully things have changed and this shady bullshit isn't done anymore, but you know, Gamestop, so I just wanted to mention it!

Even if the troll made 200k a year that is still about $65 after taxes an hour. Which is pretty much what this guy made at GameStop in funny money.
I make good money at my job but I do this for fun and because any money that comes from check usually goes in kids college fund or some other bill. This I can make purchases anytime I won’t without caring about what I spend.
On top of this, money saved is actually better than money earned because you don’t pay taxes on the former.

A gamestop manager claimed that the next Days Of whatever it is game sale would be on or around the 15th.  Huge grain of salt obviously.  Plus, it'll likely just be a scrubbier version of the Black Weekend sale...

...unless... they COULD make one final push for big sales before the end of the year considering how poorly they performed on B.F.W.  One can dream.

Meanwhile, in the realm of absurdity, a different manager claimed that games that get taken in as defective get shipped out and then thrown away (ie - they dont actually bother refurbishing discs anymore).  Obviously this is ridiculous for multiple reasons, but was an interesting enough claim/theory/hogwash that I wanted to mention it.

Happy Flipsmas.

Dont get points for trading in CA but I understand.

Public apology time. Was a hypocrite and did some flips. Store had some $5 games still marked down to under $10 and they honored it, so that really helped. They had about 10 or so copies of these games across systems, but I felt like I dick buying multiple so i took it easy and only bought one for each system. Could've probably doubled what i received, but I'm happy. It was easy. Sorry all
It is so rare that anyone ever apologizes on public forums, so I want to acknowledge the character required to say this.

Welcome to the fun and best of luck to you!

I noticed the new website will show you transaction history on your trade/gift cards.  Goes back as far as 2017 on one of my cards.

I doubt anyone making 200k a year would bother flipping games.

Typical jobs with that salary leaves little time to worry about flipping.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Was curious about the flip people are doing on the 4 for 20 trade. Do you use your GameStop pro card for both the buying and trading in? Or would doing that have them ban you?

Thanks everyone for the list. Spent 17$ to start with then the rest were boomerangs. I have 283$ In trade credit now and 40,000 points. 

Anyone try to renew their Elite membership online while their Elite membership is still active? My membership expires on 1/3/2020. I see the renew button but when I click on it, it says that it is for a Pro membership. I know lots of people on CAG were able to renew their Elite memberships online but those were for expired memberships and not active ones.

half of my black friday game purchases from gamestop came opened. I don't know why I still buy from this shit store.

Regarding trade credit being held in limbo from cancelled orders:

I have no prior experience with this issue, but I did have a B2G1 order cancelled by a store on Friday morning. Having read all of the stories here about trade credit going poof for long periods, I called CS on Monday and was on hold for an hour but just left the phone on speaker on my desk while I worked. They told me it would be 3 business days for it to go back on my card and that that was standard. So Mon/Tues/Wed went by, and this morning it's back on there in full. I have no idea if the call accelerated things, but that's my anecdote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back